3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

Great design but noisy and constant problem with ice maker

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator KSRV22FVWH:

I recommend purchasing extended warranty for this one. If you search the ice maker and this model, you would see many people have constant problem with the ice-maker. We had to replace it twice. It is noisy machine in comparison to other ones I had before. you can hear the compressor, you can hear the water going into ice trays when making new ice, you can hear the new ice deposited into the ice holder on the door. The inside design is very adequate and made for an average size family with heavy use.

Noise Level
You can hear a buzzing sound as soon as the compressor turns on. It is loud. Same goes when depositing new made ice into ice holding area and when the water switch gets turned on to make new ice.

Interior Organization
Very well thought of. plenty of space

Temperature Control
You have separate control not only for your freezer and refrigerator but for holiday mode and humidity control for your fruits and vegetables.

Easy to take the different shelves and compartments out to wash.

It is made to last a good number of years with heavy use.

The design was well thought of for an average family use, great lighting inside, good spacing. lots of shelves and compartments.

• Temperature Control:

Don't buy because of the name

We purchased this refridgerator about 6 years ago. After the first year the thermostat went out. (easy fix) Then the ice maker kept jamming. We took the ice maker apart several times and fixed it until one day it just stopped working all together. Something I would not expect with the name Kitchen Aid. The water dispenser is poor, and every time you get a glass of water you are left with a fountain of water flowing down the front of the door. My in laws purchased the same refrigerator and they have the same problem. We've since threw this fridge in the garage and use it as our back up. Sad to say but I would hesitate to purchase this model of Kitchen Aid.

Noise Level
The noise level can be loud at times. You can hear the motor running (any fridge) but the ice maker (when it worked) would occassionally make a loud sound. I'm not sure if that's with every fridge with an ice maker, so it's really hard to say. I didn't mind it too much, but sometimes in the evenings when your trying to sleep and would hear a loud sound coming from the fridge, it would be a bit irritating.

Temperature Control
Give 24 hours before a reset takes into effect.

Easy shelf removal.

The fridge itself has held up nice..other than the ice maker failing to work.

Good Quality

from Bakersfield, CA

Very nice for the price, it's roomy and dependable. I've had mine for six years and still running good.

Noise Level
This refrigerator is very quiet. I never hear except when it's filling up with water for ice and when the icemaker dumps a load.

Interior Organization
There's a lot of room inside. It has room for two liter bottles, gallons of milk, side storage for condiments and two bins for fruit and vegetables, meat and cheese drawer and three other shelves to store food. Freezer is very roomy and has two bottom bins and four shelves and three side door storage places for smaller items.

Temperature Control
Very easy to set and both freezer and refrigerator sides stay very cold.

Glass shelves slide out easily and bins as well. I use hot soapy water to clean them in sink and then dry them and put back in freezer and frig sides.

Very strong and sturdy. I have had no problems at all.

The design of this unit is very good . It has tons of space on both sides. The only thing I wish, is the freezer to be a little bigger.

Good Refrigerator

from San Diego, CA

The KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator is a good, reliable refrigerator. It is a good brand that makes superior products. I bought this refrigerator at a decent price, including delivery, when we were remodeling our house. The stainless steel finish is nice and matched the rest of our kitchen appliances. We were in the market for a new refrigerator as our old one was almost 20 year old, and I foresee this model lasting just as long too. Honestly, there has been no complaints with this refrigerator. The size is perfect for our needs. We were able to adjust the shelves to our liking, and everything fits in great. The ice machine in the freezer side never had any problems so far. We do change the water filter every year as suggested or when the light goes on, which can be quite costly, but I really enjoy the convenience of drinking cold water and getting ice from our freezer whenever we need to.

• Temperature Control:

This is a great fridge if you are short on height space!

from Prairie City, IA

We did have some problems with this fridge when we first got it. It took a repair man 6 times before a broken plastic washer was found to be the reason why our freezer door wasn't working properly.

It stands up to a 2 year old and a 5 year old boy!

I wish the freezer door was a little bigger.

• Temperature Control:

This refrigerator fits the space I have and performs well.

from Saint Paul, MN

This KitchenAid refrigerator was just what I was looking for.  I wanted a side-by-side refrigerator, but have limited space which will not accommodate the usual 36" width.  This refrigerator is 33" wide, and fits very well.  I purchased the stainless steel model for an updated look, and was pleased that the sides of the refrigerator are gray, not black.  The sides have a fingerprint-proof finish; the doors do show prints, but are easy to wipe clean.  The handles are made of a more fingerprint-resistant material.  I like the 3 glass see-through adjustable slide-out shelves and 3 drawers in the refrigerator, which also are easy to wipe clean.  One drawer has a humidity control and another has a chill factor.  The wire shelves in the freezer are stationary except for a bottom bin which slides out.  The icemaker and water dispenser work well, and have a lock-out feature.  The dispenser lights up when in use, and there is an indicator light for filter replacement.  The ice bin easily lifts out for emptying, and goes back in just as easily. The hum of the motor seems a little louder than my previous refrigerator, although it is not annoying.  This refrigerator is an energy-star appliance, and qualifies for the federal rebate program.

Noise Level
Developed a rattling noise after being moved, but it went away after re-positioning it. Apparently the tubing from the water line was not positioned correctly.

No problems.

Very easy to wipe clean. Easy to see spots with the clear glass shelves.

Spots easily, but also wipes clean easily.

Kitchenaid Side by Side Refrigerator is a great buy

from Lansing, MI

I ended up getting a new refrigerator for Christmas when our old one went up in flames around 2:00pm on Christmas Eve.  I sent my husband to the store with no specifics except measurements of the space where it had to fit.  He called me from the store and told me about this one and I agreed to let him buy it sight unseen.  It turned out to be a great decision.  I love this refrigerator.  The shelves are sturdy and adjustable.  If I buy something that doesn't fit, I just move the shelf.  I like the pull-out feature of the shelves so I can reach things that get lost in the back of the fridge.  There is a lot of storage room in both the refrigerator and in the freezer.  I can fit a 15 lb turkey in the freezer and an 11x17 baking sheet in either side.  Also, living in a house with well water, having the built in water filter system is a great feature.  It makes our water a lot better by taking out the icky well water taste.  And it looks good.