Other Refrigerators:
French Door Refrigerators, Bottom-Freezer Refrigerators, Counter-Depth Refrigerators
KitchenAid
KFCS22EVMS
KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator

KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator

Great fridge

When remodeling my kitchen I was looking for the great fridge (and make other appliances selections based on it) since the kitchen is small and it ends up to be its focal point, as well as the convenience, reliability and reasonable price.

This refridgerator has been a good choice: it has been serving me well for over 6 months. It looks really nice from the outside: the lines are clean and simple. It is great inside. French doors are very convenient, the filtered water dispenser is really useful (I could say good-buy to logging those 24-bottle cases every weekend). The bottom freezer is OK.

What I would mention is that the shelf for eggs is not very practical: if you actually intend to use it, make sure there are no more than 6-8 eggs there, or they will fly out when you are opening a fridge door. Also, the trim on the shelves is a bit excessive, which limits the internal space in terms of width and height of pots that can be placed there.

Overall, a great product, very reliable.

OK but disappointing

Was so excited to get My KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator/freezer. I bake a lot of cakes and wanted the wider shelves for sheet cakes and it works well for that purpose. I like the deep shelves on the doors which are handy for gallon size milk jugs. It runs very quietly. However, my ice maker in the door blocks up so much we only use it for water and dip ice out of the storage bin in the bottom freezer. Also, when our grandchildren need to get snacks out of fridge or fill their water glass, they have to use a stool because everything is higher in this refrigerator than they are in regular side by side refrigerators. In addition, be aware that looking for something in the freezer is like digging around in a chest freezer because everything is piled on top of each other making items harder to find. This unit is very attractive but does scratch fairly easily. I would only recommend it with caution.

Lots of storage

from Georgia

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy Access
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet

• Big Families
    • Large Kitchens

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator:

We needed a bigger fridge so we searched for one with the most storage with the French door style. This one has tons of storage but isn't great for condiments (never knew we had so many till we started trying to find a spot where they worked in this fridge) or for tall things like milk or wine. If you have containers, it's amazing. Two kind of annoying things - the drawer opens on its own whenever you open the doors. Also, the left door (with the icemaker) catches on the right door sometimes. Kind of annoying because you then have to open the right door, close the left door, then re-close the right door.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Ice Maker & Dehumidifier broke 14 months

from Sarasota, FL

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator:

Both the ice maker and dehumidifier broke after 14 months. To KitchenAide's credit they covered it with a one time offer to fix it. It just worries me when something this expensive breaks so soon. The store I bought it from who has a repair services says Kitchenaid cheaped out after many years and he's seen numerous ice maker problems.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

My favorite French door refrigerator!

from Davie, FL

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator:

I have owned the KitchenAid Architect Series II french door refrigerator for five years now, and I am still absolutely in love with it. The french doors are such a nice touch, and it is just top of the notch quality. All of my groceries always fit in so easily, and it always stays the perfect temperature. It looks great in my kitchen, and I have already recommended it to all of my family and friends. I just love it.

Not noisy at all.

Interior Organization
      I love the different compartments in this refrigerator. It makes organizing my food and groceries very simple.

Temperature Control
      I love how I can set the temperature of the refrigerator and the freezer to whatever I want it to be. It is always accurate.

All refrigerators are a little bit of a pain to clean, but this one is pretty easy to clean.

Very sturdy. No problems there.

This french door refrigerator is so sleek and proper. It makes my whole kitchen look nicer.

• Temperature Control:

All I can say about it is WOW!

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator:

It is a work of genius! I love it it is so well worth what you pay for it. I love it one of the best investments I have made in years.

Noise Level
      So quiet you do not ever hear it running.

Interior Organization
      It is just the best. The pull out 3 level freezer drawers are a dream, they have a design that makes the way they move as a smooth solid, fluid movement. The adjustable shelves and drawers are great for organization.

Temperature Control
      The extended fresh temperature management system is fantastic for keeping food fresh for a while. And the fresh chill temperature control deli locker is wonderful for keeping you cold cuts to last and keep their freshness longer.

Clean up is easy except for all the moving parts just gives you a little more area to clean.

This refrigerator is going to be in my kitchen for the next 20 years it is just a piece of quality machinery.

All things were considered when they made this fridge, your accessibility, storage, temperature control and utilizing all the space that is there. I really love it and so does my daughter. It is hers.

Great french door fridge

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator:

This is our second Kitchaid fridge (clearly we had good results with the first one so we opted for a second). The fridge works great - plenty of ice, rarely clogs up. Fairly quiet running machine. Even with the counter depth model we still have plenty of room in the fridge and freezer. The kids have a habit of pulling open the freezer door but aside from that we love the design.

Noise Level
      Machine is quiet - except when dispensing ice you barely know it's in the room. This is important for us since we have 3 youngsters still taking napes.

Interior Organization
      Very flexible design - interior shelves have lots of height options to accommodate larger items when needed. The door shelves don't have much flexibility in changing the layout but they work well and hold tons of condiments, cans of soda, and even liter bottles.

Temperature Control
      The menu offers easy access to temps controls and the fridge holds it's temp well. Sometimes items left in the fridge near the water/ice maker will freeze - this happens occasionally, not really sure why it's not a consistent thing. We usually keeps eggs there so when they freeze it's a waste.

Like most fridges - the biggest pain with cleaning is taking everything out! The exterior cleans well - the finish isn't SUPER shiny which we like since it doesn't show finger prints as much.

no problems yet....

great design, looks sharp, interior offers nice options.

OK but disappointing

Durable Fridge

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator:

I have this model and has been very used. It is versatile and durable. A lot of the Fridge's like this have drawers that feel flimsy - this does not feel that way. My 7 yr old can reach the bottom self and all the drawers below. The water is ice cold. Filters are not expensive either.

love it

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator:

We love this refrigerator. It is very durable, has plenty of room, very easy to clean, looks nice, rates a 10 in temperature control. Only thing I didn't like is the price but luckily we caught ours on sale. Always remember though...you get what you pay for and this refrigerator is worth it.

Love this fridge!

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator:

I love this fridge. I was my splurge in my new kitchen. I love to two doors, space and organization. Everything's at eye level. The fridge being on top gives full visual of everything inside. The freezer is easy to access. I can be hard to organize if you have a lot of stuff in it. But the pull out basket design helps. This is a great fridge for parties. Fitting full pans and half pans, sheet cakes and platters with ease.

Noise Level
      This doesn't fridge doesn't make a lot of noise at all. It is very quiet.

Interior Organization
      I love the draws, and the organization. There is plenty of room. Can put a large sheet cake in it with out a problem.

Temperature Control
      I have never had a problem with this fridge holding a temperature.

Glass shelves are easy to clean.

The fridge is very durable. The exterior takes a beating but it still looks like new.

The design is very functional. Better then any other fridge I have had in the past. I like that the filtered water is located on the inside if the fridge.

Wonderful Fridge for a busy Family

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator:

About a year or so ago, we upgraded from a standard side by side fridge to this beautiful fridge right here and we could not be happier! It makes life so much easier having such easier access to everything. The pull out drawer freezer makes it so we don't have to cram things in and hope they don't fall out. Its got a nice big drawer on the bottom and a little pull out basket on top for the smaller things and next to that is the ice maker (and it comes with a little handy ice scoop as well!) The fridge itself is huge and we're people who pack our fridge full and we've never had a problem fitting things in. Lots of door space as well, which we always love to utilize and we've found it helpful to put the most used things on the right side, which is the side you open first if you're opening both doors, that way for a quick grab we only have to open one side. The pull out drawer is another nice thing, having one not so deep and wider instead makes finding everything in there SO much easier! Lastly the other helpful little thing is that sometimes we're guilty of not making sure the door is shut all the way, and this fridge has a nice little alarm that beeps intermittently if the door says open too long, and i know there's been many times that it's been nice to have to alert me to push the door shut a little more. My only complaint is that when we pull the freezer drawer out, the ice bucket doesn't stay attached to pull out as well so we have to manually pull it out ourselves, but that is just a minor issue.