Other Dishwashers:

KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

Cleans Dishes with ease and so Quiet you won't know that it's on

Stainless steel interior, very well made, lights reveal which stage that the washer is in.  Cleans dishes with ease and soooo quiet.  I am very pleased with this dishwasher, and I truly believe that it will last me a long time.

The KitchenAid Architect dishwasher is a loser.

Ever since we bought this dishwasher we have had nothing but problems.  There is continual food particles left on the plates and dishes.  We were told that we were using the wrong type of detergent, so we got the recommended one and still the same.  Then we were told that we needed to use the glass rinse and that didn't work.  We've had the authorized repair service out 3 times and they replaced different parts each time to no avail.  There is massive about of soap and small food buildup inside along the door molding and sliders of the trays that I have constantly had to scrub out.  Now we are cleaning up from it flooding all over wood floors.  This was supposed to be the high end, but don't spend the bucks.

State of the Art Dishwasher!

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher cleans dishes better than any other dishwasher I've owned. I've always been a fan of the Kitchenaid brand since their products have been superior in quality over other lines for years. I've also owned a Kenmore and Maytag dishwasher and they don't come close to the cleaning power of my Kitchenaid dishwasher.

Noise Level
Most of the time I forget the dishwasher is even running, because it's so quiet. I've actually gone over to check the dishwasher to make sure I remembered to turn it on, that's how quiet it is. There are a couple of times during the cleaning cycle when the dishwasher makes a sound, but it doesn't last long.

Cleaning Time
From start to finish it could take around an hour for the cleaning cycle to complete. It really depends on whether you choose to run the dishwasher on the high temperature scrub, which takes longer or the energy saver dry option, which is somewhat shorter.

Loading Flexibility
I'm able to fit a large variety of dishes, glasses, pots, and pans in the dishwasher with no problem whatsoever. I always pack it to full capacity.

What I love the most about this dishwasher is it doesn't matter how many dishes I pack in there, every single one comes out clean every time. I also like the fact that I don't have to pre-rinse or wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. This saves time, money, and water. I always thought it was silly to have to wash the dishes before placing them in the dishwasher.

The design is simple, yet effective.

I've had this dishwasher for several years and it's still going strong. I don't think I'll have to replace it for quite some time. This dishwasher was definitely built to last.

• Loading Flexibility:

Second-hand and still works great.

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher came with the house we bought over a year ago, and it has worked great for us. The only real "problem" we have is that its energy saver cycle (the only cycle we really use) takes about 2 1/2 hours to complete. That seems a little long to us. Other than that we are completely pleased with our washer. We hope to be able to get another few years out of it before replacing it, and we can't foresee any problems at this point.

Noise Level
It runs very quietly, so you can stay in the kitchen and not be deafened by it.

Cleaning Time
As stated before, we use the energy saver cycle which takes over two hours to finish. We haven't tried any of the other cycles, so we don't know how long they run.

Loading Flexibility
There is lots of room and a compartment for silverware.

We definitely scrape and rinse before washing and haven't had any troubles with the washer's performance.

It looks like a dishwasher not a sports car.

We've had it for almost a year and a half, and it doesn't appear to be slowing down at all.

KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher KUDK03ITBL

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher:

I love this dishwasher. It is the best one I have ever used.

Noise Level
It is easy to load and run.

Cleaning Time
There are a variety of setting to wash and dry so I can program for fine china or everyday use or no heat to dry.

Loading Flexibility
It is easy open and load.

My dishes come out clean without spots every time.

It is designed for ease of use.

It is very durable.

• Loading Flexibility:

This is an effective diswasher that rarely needs a pre-rinse.

from Mason, OH

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher:

Overall effective at washing off unrinsed dishes.

Noise Level
My mother made a comment while visiting about this being so quiet that she wanted one!

Cleaning Time
Average time to clean under normal conditions

Loading Flexibility
Top rack raises and lowers, baskets are removable
Sometimes I have something too big for the bottom even if I adjust the top rack.

Occasionally with a very full load, some dishes do not come clean, but I very rarely pre-rinse.

Not wild about the button design

This dishwasher has lasted us more than 5 years.

• Loading Flexibility:

KitchenAid Dishwashers are the best and quietest

from Watertown, CT

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher:

I got this KitchenAid Architect Series II Dishwasher to replace another KitchenAid dishwasher I had purchased many years ago. I would never want another brand. KitchenAid, first off, has a great warrantee even though I only had my old one repaired once in the 10 or so years I had it. My family is large with a lot of hungry kids and this dishwasher can handle the messiest dishes, they always come out clean the first time, no streaks on glasses, or food particles on dishes. I dont have to prewash or rinse and the dishes can be put in during the day to do all at once, it handles stuck on food with ease. I also was amazed at the quietness of this model. When you turn it on you can hear yourself think, which is nice. It saves so much clean up time and is such a powerful model it is a blessing to have, and I am even thinking of getting one for my mom for Christmas. Its a good feeling to know you can have clean sanitized dishes without doing the hard work yourself.

Below average, unfortunately.

from Moscow, ID

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher:

I want to be able to say it is wonderful, but it is below average.  The dishes don't always come out clean, but it is quiet.  It holds more place settings but they don't come out clean, even if the dishwasher is half full.  Suprisingly, the bottom rack often comes off the tracks. The dishes also come out wet even if you wait 4 hours for them to dry inside the dishwasher.  I give it 2 stars.

The KitchenAid Architect dishwasher is a loser.

from Arlington, VA

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher:

Wine glasses don't even need to be rinsed

from Boulder, CO

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher:

The name of this washer only hints at its quality, great space and clean spotless dishes.  I don't use anything but regular dish soap and my** wine glasses have come out ready to serve, not even a rinse necessary!**

it gets my dishes clean

from Bogata, TX

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher:

boy I was glad when we got the dish washer I hate washing dishes no matter what I had not heard of that model before we bought the KitchenAid Architect ll K series but I am glad we found it cause now all I have to do is load and start and them put them away  and it cleans real good some times I will leave a dish till the next day and I have learned to rinse it off then cause the food has dried on the dish but other wise it does great I can start the dishwasher and go run erranes and they are done when I get back that saves time love it

i will not go without my kitchenaid dishwasher

from sharpsville, PA

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Built-in Dishwasher:

bought the architect series kitchenaid dishwasher in stainless steel- we've had maytags for over 30 yrs. but this time took the kitchenaid from sears, the best thing we could have done. quiet, love the quick clean up cycle.  everything comes out clean the first time.