Other Dishwashers:

KitchenAid Architect II Classic Series Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

I *Heart* My Dishwasher!!

We recently upgraded our dishwasher from builder's quality crapastic Maytag (which was falling apart). My husband found a fantastic deal on this Kitchenaid dishwasher...and I love it! You can fit a ton of dishes in it! The top rack raises/lowers, giving you more veristility. It comes with mesh "pockets" for more delicate/small items. The stainless inside is gorgeous. The absolute best feature... SUPER QUIET!! When we first got it, we had a hard time telling if we had actually turned it on or not because it makes almost no noise!

This model cleans dishes beautifully! I've never had to re-run an item or wash again after the cycle. Everything comes out clean and spot-free.

My only issues with this dishwasher are...1. The cycle is super long. and 2. The stainless outside gets fingerprints really easily (I have 2 kids, so everything gets fingerprints really easily).

All in all I love this dishwasher! We have not had any problems with it in 6 months of owning it.

Bad investment - Kitchenaid KUDC03FVSS dishwasher

We "upgraded" our dishwasher to Kitchenaid much to our disappointment.  With the first use we thought it was broken so we called the installer back.  He said that because of government efficiency requirements we must do this and that to get it to work properly.  You MUST run the hot water at the sink before turning on the machine. It may be necessary for you to turn up the thermostat on your hot water heater. You also MUST use rinse aid and expensive soap.  We're using gel tabs.  You MUST rinse your dishes before putting them in.  All of this seems to defeat the purpose of having a dishwasher in the first place!  In any case, with all of the above, it will clean okay.  Some items are just going to need to be cleaned by hand - get used to it.  Additionally, the most frustrating thing is the bottom pull-out which constantly comes out of the track when trying to push it back in.

Not the greatest

Comments about KitchenAid Architect II Classic Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I've had this dishwasher for years, and have never really been satisfied. The door does not close easily, firmly so it can stay shut. You kind of have to really push it in so it stays. The cleaning power of it is not great either. I always get dirty dishes out of it and it gets really tiring because some of the time I just end up re powering the dishwasher with the plates and cups that did not get cleaned good enough. I don't know if it's just me using the wrong liquid in it, but I am not satisfied with my experience with it. I would not recommend it to anyone I know, and I would certainly not ever buy it for myself. I would recommend this to someone that does not care if they have to eat out of dishes that aren't 100% clean. I wish I could say better, but that is the best I could say. Also, it stains on the door as well. I'm not sure if all dishwashers do, as it's my first one, but I find that annoying. The price speaks for the quality.

Great dishwasher

Comments about KitchenAid Architect II Classic Series Built-in Dishwasher:

This is an outstanding dishwasher that really gets the job done. I am really glad that I bought it, as it exceeded every expectation I had. It cleans all the dishes really well and does not make a lot of noise. It's a great feeling to know that your dishes will always be clean. One of the great purchases I have made this year.

• Loading Flexibility:

For when you don't want to know that you own a dishwasher.

from Neenah, WI

Comments about KitchenAid Architect II Classic Series Built-in Dishwasher:

I hated, I mean hated my old dishwasher. It was loud! Might have been the loudest Maytag that ever existed, then this Kitchenaid Dishwasher came into my life. I'm no longer actually sure when it's running or ends because it's so quiet. The top rack can be raised or lowered which pretty much was the second best feature about this thing. The design is sleek and pretty; but all that prettiness sure kicks butt when it comes to cleaning ability. This baby gets the job done & leaves no dirt prisoners behind. The added bonus of mesh "pockets" that are for more fragile or delicate items, was something that my old dishwasher lacked. It's like a cage but better!

Noise Level
I've frequently had to go up to the dishwasher and double check to make sure it was on or not; that's how quiet it is. You don't even know its on!

Some dishwashers clean, and then amazing dishwashers like this truly clean your dishes. Residue & left-over bits are a thing of the past.

Beautiful

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about KitchenAid Architect II Classic Series Built-in Dishwasher:

Nice to look at, easy to use & is totally quiet when in use ! Loads well depending on what you are washing, Cleans very well, no food left on dishes or pans

don't hear when in use

runs the same as others

Loading Flexibility
depends on what you are washing

cleans very well

looks great

I'll let you know how long it lasts

• Loading Flexibility:

must have in the kitchen!

Comments about KitchenAid Architect II Classic Series Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher by far is very efficient and cleans all the dishes very well does not leave any residue nor anything. The dishes look great after using it. I find it be very energy efficient as well as not too loud. The amount of water it uses it not a lot either which is perfect for anyone in a budget like myself. It has one standard setting but it does the job done right so no need for extra. This dishwasher does not take up that much space in the kitchen I feel like it fits perfectly in an corner. I definitely suggest anyone to have this in their kitchen even to just use once in awhile it saves up times and less chores to get done even after hosting a dinner. This is like a necessity in the kitchen since it provides such an impeccable cleaning to all the dishes and flatware that is being used. For all I can say that it is reasonably priced for all the work it does and if it used often.

I love it

Comments about KitchenAid Architect II Classic Series Built-in Dishwasher:

After 8 years my old dishwasher bit the dust. Having 3 kids I had to have a new one asap. This dishwasher was pretty much a must have. I LOVE that the top rack raises/lowers and how well it cleans. Not to mention how quiet it is. Amazing!
The only downfall I have found with it is how long the cycle takes. I guess the longer it takes the more clean the dishes are. All in all it's a great dishwasher and I would recommend it.

The best dishwasher ever

from Newport News, VA

The best ever.

Noise Level
This dishwasher is so quiet I have to check it to make sure that it is running.

Cleaning Time
There are several cycle from light to proscrub and the time varies. I also can program it to delay cleaning for four hours.

Loading Flexibility
It can be load several different ways and the bottom shelf raise or lowers to adjust to my needs

Wonderful. Nothing beats KitchenAid.

• Loading Flexibility:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about KitchenAid Architect II Classic Series Built-in Dishwasher:

love it! after my old one was not cleaning good at all, i switched!

Noise Level
you can still hear every washer , and it is not very loud at all! cleans all dirty dishes including stuck on grease and food! it saves my time and hands!

Cleaning Time
love how i can put dishes in, then leave for an errand and they are done when i come back!this is a time saver big time! great and really necessary!

Loading Flexibility
has a lot of room for dishes, and forks and spoons and knives!

love the quality and speed of this high value washer of dishes!!

goes well with any interior design! love! goes with any color, including green and red!

i think it can last a few years! especially with kids! easy and very skilled! i can trust this thing!

• Loading Flexibility:

this product has good quality and is worth the price

Comments about KitchenAid Architect II Classic Series Built-in Dishwasher:

the machine works very well and the product quality is good. Under normal circumstances I am happy with the product, but sometimes the door of the dishwasher did not close very well so I have to be particularly cautious in closing the door. Other than that I am okay with the product.

• Loading Flexibility:

The rinsing before is over!!

from Ravenna, OH

Comments about KitchenAid Architect II Classic Series Built-in Dishwasher:

This workhorse does it all and wont let you down

Noise Level
What noise? A most quiet and hardworking appliance

Cleaning Time
Different levels of cleaning take different times. I run my dishwasher at night. Our bedroom is off the kitchen, and does not keep my husband or I awake from the noise

Loading Flexibility
Lots and lots of room, with features that allow me to load odd size things with no problem what so ever

No left behind residues-soap, food, or water spots.

Such a nice sleek looking dishwasher. I dont have very many stainless steel products in my kitchen and this still looks great

Recently had this installed but so far so good. No problems, and did I mention that my family is hard on things. I believe that we have met our match with this appliance