Other Food Processors:

KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

My KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor is my favorite appliance!

My Black & Decker Quick 'N Easy 8-Cup Food Processor was louder than a jet engine and was so large it took up the whole cabinet when storing and dishwasher when I needed to clean it. I decided to treat myself to a high-quality food processor that was a little smaller, so I bought this KitchenAid food processor from Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon.

I absolutely love my **KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor KFP720**! I was worried that I would be disappointed with the bowl size since I went from an 8-cup food processor to a 7-cup, but I can't even tell the difference.

At first I had a hard time getting the bowl on and off, but I quickly realized I was doing it wrong. As long as you always turn the bowl and lid clock-wise when removing and counter clock-wise when closing, you won't have any problems.

I love how simple and easy this food processor is to use. There are only three buttons - On, Off and Pulse. Since I bought this, I have literally used it about 5 times a week. I make: hummus, salsa, homemade baby food and more. There is a recipe in the instruction guide for lemon cheesecake and I think I'll make that one day! One major bonus - this food processor is so quiet, I can actually use it while my baby sleeps!

With some things, you get what you pay for and I really believe my **KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor KFP720** is worth every penny. This is a high-quality product that would be perfect for beginning users or those that know what they're doing. I would buy another in a heartbeat!

Sometimes doesn't work - Inexplicably

I received the KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor as a wedding gift. I hardly used it before I had kids. Now I use it at least once a week to make baby food. ...Read complete review

Sometimes, the unit will simply not turn on. There's some sort of mechanism in the handle (probably a safety feature) that doesn't allow the unit to start if it's not engaged. I don't know if it's a common problem, but mine apparently doesn't work as it should. I haven't found a sure-fire way to fix it, so I remove and replace the bowl repeatedly, until it eventually starts working. It can take up to 20 minutes of removing and replacing until it engages and allows me to turn it on.

When it works, I'm fairly happy with its performance. It does a good job of pureeing (which is all I really use it for). All of the pieces other than the base are dishwasher-safe. The spatula that comes with it is shaped well to remove food from all corners, but is cut easily by the blades.

Must have for anyone!

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

We use this food processor for everything. We make sugar cookies, pie crust, pizza crust and basil pesto. It comes with attachment that can grate cheese super fast. It is wonderful and has held up great for five years so far.

Great!

Safety
There is a safety feature so you have to have the lid securely on or the blade will not spin.

Ease of Assembly
Only four total parts that move, easy to assemble.

Only four parts easy to clean, be sure to put on the top shelf or the handle of the bowl will get loose.

Held up great over the last five years.

Great buy!

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I've had this food processor for about 5 years now and it is still going strong. I've used it to make hummus, pesto, creamy soup, banana soft serve and homemade nut butters. I would say it is my most used small kitchen appliances. It is quite loud, but not as bad as a blender. My one complaint is that the plastic part of the handle is a bit cheap, and broke a few years after I bought it. I ended up getting a replacement bowl, and only wash the bowl by hand since the dishwasher supposedly weakens the plastic pieces. Overall it's a great product!

Power
I've been able to make homemade almond butter in about 10 minutes!

Safety
There is a safety lock on the handle so it won't turn out unless the hanld is locked.

No problems here.

Don't wash the plastic in the dishwasher! It is annoying to clean by hand, but it beats having to buy a replacement.

Besides the handle problem, the machine itself has been very durable.

• Ease of Assembly:

Love this! Quiet and powerful!

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

The only complaint I have is that the work bowl is a little flimsy in the handle. I had to replace it already. I believe it was dropped but not sure. However, little pieces will crack and fall loose in the handle. So I am now VERY careful with the new one, I don't put the bowl in the dishwasher. But it works wonderful and is VERY quiet.

• Ease of Assembly:

A great little food processor

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I got this as a replacement for a recalled food processor after I melted the bowl and could not find a replacement due to the recall. I am now glad that I needed to get a new one, as this one is worlds better and less frustration than the last! This stands up to frequent use beautifully and is very easy to put together, take apart and clean. I do recommend rinsing as soon as it is used, as thicker substances tend to cake on the bowl and be hard to get off, but if it is rinsed immediately there's never a problem. It is perfect for smoothies, fine chopping of vegetables, and really anything else you may want a food processor for! I am not an expert at cooking, but this tool has made more advanced cooking possible. It is also great for making homemade baby food, nut butters, doughs, crushing candies for baking, and making bread crumbs. The quality of the product is just what I would expect from Kitchen Aid - it is very well designed and made of strong, quality materials. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

What a time saver!

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I bought this shortly before I had major oral surgery. And boy was I ever pleased to have this. At that time it came in handy. I never knew I was going to love it or use it as much as I do. I make everything from salsa to baked goods! It is so simple to use and so easy to clean up after. And the amount of use you can get out of this one machine is incredible. You can user it for anything from small dishes to family and friends gathering. And it is a great way to make healthy meals. My family loves salsa but I hate feeding them the stuff from the stores in a jar. All those chemicals in it. With this I can make homemade Salsa with fresh vegetables and I can even freeze extras. Excellent for soups and sauces to cut veggies cheese and meats. The power in this one machine makes everything so much faster. And your hands are never near danger like when you cut with a knife or grater. It is super easy to clean by hand and Dishwasher safe. It is as easy as 123 to put together and take apart. So no fumbling or having to read tons of directions. It is a perfect size for storing away when not in use. You are going to love it!

• Ease of Assembly:

Didn't know how much I needed it until I had it

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I was skeptical about getting a food processor, but now I love having one. I use it all the time. I've had this one for five years and it's still doing great! I use it to puree elements for carrot soup, I made hummus at home, I use it all the time for Indian food. I even use it to make dough so my hands don't get sticky when I'm baking bread! We have to wash it at least once every two days because I use it for nearly every meal and sometimes for two different elements of a meal.

• Ease of Assembly:

I use mine for everything. There is nothing you can't do with it

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I have never used one appliance as much as I use the Kitchen Aid 7 cup food processor! It has saved me many times. I make a lot of homemade soups, doughs, salsa, cookies, and candy. I use this for every one of those recipes and it does everything I need with ease and speed.
I was never one to make any kind of dough in my old food processor but when I purchased this one I had decided it was time to give it a try. I was amazed as I watched the dough come together so fast. My first attempt was a pie crust and it was done and ready for the refrigerator in no time. I then decided to make a favorite cookie of ours, Snowball cookies. I usually have a hard time mixing it up as there is no egg in the cookies, it is a very dry dough but this made it so easy and the dough came out better then it ever had before.
As food making salsa it is a breeze. I make many different varieties of salsa including mango salsa which we love and the Kitchen Aid 7 cup food processor made it a breeze to make and we were ready to dig in.
All in all this was the best purchase I have ever made for my kitchen!

A bit disappointing

from Easton, PA

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

From all the hype about KitchenAid one would think everything would be as superior as their famous stand mixers. Not the case at all ! ! I received this as a gift and sorry that I had not been out there buying myself as I would not choose this processor. The 7 cup bowl is too small and it is not able to knead bread or pizza dough. The chute is very well designed to accommodate nearly everything you might want to slice, chop or process. The one-disk adjustable slicing disk is a great feature and does a great job.

Power
I have seen many cooking shows where bread or pasta doughs are made in very typical, home kitchen type food processors. I have never seen a KitchenAid processor used on these shows. Now I know why! I made a pizza dough and the motor automatically shut down during the mixing process, obviously to protect the motor from overload.

A Great Investment for the Home Chef

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

This food processor is easily the best one I have used to date. The product easily processes almost anything you can place inside the work bowl. It is not overly loud either in doing so. The ability to switch between two different size bowls for smaller jobs is also a great help for reducing mess and cleaning. The grating and slicing attachments also work wonderfully and they make short work of just about anything you place down the hopper. I always keep it sitting on the counter for use a a moments notice. The only detraction I could make about this product is that thoroughly cleaning can be something of a hassle. However, this holds true for almost any food processor I have used in the past.

Power
I have never used it for anything as intense as trying to crush ice (and I never would), but it easily purees fruits, vegetables, etc with relative ease.

Safety
The built in safety features are great. In order to operate the processor the lid must be safely locked in position.

Ease of Assembly
It can be a little overwhelming at first to assemble considering all the parts you have, but the manual is explicit enough to aid in the device' correct usage.

It can be a pain, and you really have to take care to avoid scratching the bowl. Do not use scouring pads. The dishwasher seems to do a perfectly adequate job of cleaning all the components.

The unit is rock solid and has a great build quality.

• Ease of Assembly:

I love this food processor!

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this food processor! I absolutely love it! I use it often over a few years and it still holds up. I love using to on my signature dessert, carrot cake. I am able to shred 1 pound of carrots in seconds! I also use it to shred blocks of cheese that I buy in bulk and it works wonderfully. My homemade salsa comes out perfect every time thanks to my food processor! When I made oreo truffles I am able to crush the ores and mix in the cream cheese to get the perfect truffle mixture easy and effortlessly. It has a lot of power to do a variety of different things! I also like the safety feature on it. The lid has to be on before the processor will start. It is a great safety feature that helps avoid unneeded accidents. If you are looking for a great food processor look into this one! I have not been disappointed!