Other Food Processors:

KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

I'm a chop-aholic and this food processor does it for me!

I've owned this food processor for a number of years now, and I love it. It has chopped, sliced, pureed, stirred, frapped ... everything I've thrown at it. It is strong and dependable, no problems at all.

The only issue I had was my own fault. I tried to grate Fels Naptha soap in it (to make my own laundry detergent which does work by the way) and pushed too hard. I cracked the grater support. I just need to get a new attachment. Nothing else has broken in the 5 years I've owned this, and as you can see, I'm not necessarily very easy on my appliances.

This food processor has processed umpteen gallons of "duck soup" (basically animal baby food for sick ferrets). I run a ferret shelter and I cook chicken parts, 10 lbs at a time, until the bones get soft, then process the whole thing (bones and all). This food processor has never batted an eyelash (well, if it *had* eyelashes it wouldn't bat them) at making this "chicken goo". I burned out an inferior food processor doing this, but the Kitchenaide processor has held up to me *and* my ferrets.

Dishwasher safe, it's easy to clean up. I don't usually put my blades in the dishwasher, though, mostly because I know I'd forget and end up having to rewash the dishes to remove the blood spatter.

I especially like that the keypad is a solid plastic soft-button keypad ... nowhere for food to get down under the keys.

I wouldn't own anything else!

KitchenAid Food Processor is great for some jobs, not for others

I was so excited to order this food processor...I've wanted one for years and finally found it at a price I was willing to pay.  I went with the KitchenAid brand, because I have their mini-chopper and I think it works great.  The first thing I used was the shredding disk to shred cheese and zucchini for zucchini cakes I was making for dinner.  It worked GREAT and SO quickly.  Much better than using a box shredder and doing it all by hand.  The shredding task alone probably makes it worth what I paid for it.  Then I went to process an entire package of oreos for some truffles.  The whole package wouldn't fit into the mini-bowl that was included, so I took it out and used the full-sized 9 cup bowl.  Apparently there wasn't enough in there, because the blades rough chopped, and then all of the cookies were too far away from the blades to be ground any further. I had to transfer everything back into the smaller bowl and process again.  This dirtied up more dishes and made a big mess all over my counter.  I don't know how much stuff you would have to have in there in order for the large bowl to work properly- I was very unhappy with this- the same thing happened when I tried to process sweet potatoes into baby food.

makes cooking easier

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I am always looking for tools that will make cooking easier, and the KitchenAid 7 Cup Food Processor is really helpful when you're cooking. I have used this in the past to grind nuts, puree frozen bananas, and mix ingredients for salsa.

I normally leave this food processor in one of my cabinets, but I never had any problems with this causing damage to the food processor. So far, it has been very durable and sturdy.

Although this is a little on the expensive side, it's worth it for the amount of times I have used this food processor. It is also relatively easy to clean. I typically take the food processor apart and put the individual pieces in the dishwasher. I never had a problem with these pieces melting or getting cracks because of being in the dishwasher.

Power
I never had a problem with the motor not being powerful enough to blend anything I put in the food processor.

This is really easy to clean because I just put all of the pieces in the dishwasher.

Small but powerful.

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I used to have a large food processor that would grind up anything. When my husband brought this home, I was very scared that it wouldn't do the same job as the large one did. To my surprise, the KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor KFP715 does an amazing job with whatever it is I put in it. I use it to grind up and puree pretty much everything. I even make my own ground chicken in it. I cut up the chicken breast into cubes and put them in. Then I turn on the machine and let it do its job. The chicken comes out so finely ground, it is almost as good as store bought, but I enjoy it more. I grind up all sorts of vegetables in it as well.
Cleaning the KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor KFP715 is pretty simple. I wash it just like I do any other dish that's in the sink. Then I would use a towel to dry it because I am afraid of setting it to dry on its own and it will break.
My only problem with this machine is closing the lid. It is not so easy to close it. It usually takes me a minute or two every time I want to close it to try to figure it out. Other than that, it is a great and simple machine that I love using. It really helps out a lot in the kitchen and cuts down on cooking time.

• Ease of Assembly:

Average product that gets the job done. Can be pricey

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

Simple operation once assembled. Difficult to assemble but reliable and powerful.

Power
Runs like a jet plane at high speeds. Great for my hot sauces.

Safety
High level of safety. Almost to an annoying degree but worth it to keep the kids safe.

Ease of Assembly
Safety features add to difficulty. Could be much simpler with better engineering. Difficult to transport. Comes with several useful attachments once you educate yourself.

Machine washable. Not bad. Careful with water in motor! Pay attention to which attachments are washable too.

Decent so far. I did scratch the inside of the mixing compartment with the blade pretty easily though. Made to last 5 years or so i'd say.

Works very well

from Elizabeth, NJ

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

We got this food processor 3 years ago as a wedding present and use it almost every time we host guests (which is pretty often!) We have been very happy with how it works. I mainly use it for slicing/grating vegetables such as carrots or potatoes and it works very well for that. I have also used it to mix cakes and even to make sorbet from frozen fruit and have been very please with how it works. It has definitely saved me lots of time in my food prep. It is also very easy to clean. The only regret that I have is that I did not get a larger food processor. 7 cups sounds like alot but when I am hosting I often have to run 2 batches through the food processor, which is not the biggest deal but it would be nice to have a larger processor, Other than that the power is very strong and we have been very happy with it. I had another food processor before and it used to leak, but have never had leaking problems with this one.

Ease of Assembly
very easy to put together and take apart

• Ease of Assembly:

Slices, Dices and Pulverizes!

from Rochester, MI

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

Does the work of many kitchen gadgets including a slicer, grater, and blender. I made tabouleh in minutes by sending all the ingredients through the slicer function.

Power
Slices very quickly with the slicer attachment and pulverizes frozen fruit and vegetables in minutes. Creates my concoctions in minutes with ease and speed.

Safety
Has several safety feature that have saved me and my children fingers. It does not turn on if the container is not snapped on properly. It also will not turn on if the lid is not secured properly(which has also saved me from creating messes as well).

Ease of Assembly
Snaps on and snaps off with ease. Come apart and allows me to clean up in seconds.

Come apart and allows me to clean up in seconds.

I have had it for a few years now and have made Almond butter from almonds in minutes and let it run for about 5 minutes straight in order to create smooth butter. I use it daily to make green smoothies(frozen spinach, blueberry and banana) and it comes out nice and smooth and has not shown signs of slowing down.

• Ease of Assembly:

Not sure yet. I think I got a lemon.

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I really enjoy using this food processor. Works great for everything I use it on. However the bowl has broke 2 times on me already and I just bought it 6 months ago. Kitchen aid has replaced the bowl with the broken handle with no problems. I called them the other day to let them know the bottom of the food processor where the bowl attaches also split into little pieces. I do not store my bowl on top of the processor so I think it happen when I was shredding my chicken because the bowl bounced around while it shredded. Currently I am awaiting for the replacement they are sending me. The have really good customer satisfaction!

Nice but limited

from Deland, FL

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I really do like this food processor. Only after owning and using it, did I realize that there are no other blades available to purchase. This really limits what you can do. Also 7 cups sounds like a lot but in reality- it's not. I really wish I had purchased a much bigger size.

The larger size would give me the option of many other blades and a larger cup would allow me to process larger batches. With 7 cups you are really limited and have to process one ingredient at a time and then mix by hand in a bigger bowl.

True- this is a great machine. It is easy to clean. It is easy to use. And it is a dream for storage and overall design. Spring for the extra size and you will be glad you did! I wish I had!

This KitchenAid 7-cup processor is easy to use

from Dayton, OH

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I have been wanting a food processor for years, and now that i've decided to make my own baby food, I finally commited to buying one. I bought the 7 cup version because it seemed mid-sized. I have to say, im not sure how it is for cooking purposes, but its a little on the big side for making small batches of baby food. Sometimes there are chunks of food left, and I have to stir real good and re-process to get everything finely blended. I also tried to make a rice powder, which didnt go too well, but not necessarily this processors fault. Im just not sure they are built to make powder out of rice! I will say on a positive note, its still a good size for storing and using, and its very easy to put together, clean, and use. Great product overall, I just might have the wrong purpose for it!

Good Food Processor

from Franklin, TN

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

This is a very good Food Processor. I am not a huge cook but I did learn a few recipies over the year i use to impress new friends. One of my favorites is a dip that requires a food processor. Since buying the food processor for this specific recipie I have been able to come across many different recipies.

This product is pretty easy to use. The only real problem I have with it is getting it exactly in place to turn on. It seems like Kitchenaid has a specific way they want it put together. If it is not put together exactly perfectly, blade, cup and top it will not turn on. This became a problem at first because after putting in the ingrediants I would have to shuffle it around. I found if the blade fell off the bottom some of the ingrediants would also fall out.

The price of this processor is definately not the cheapest on the market but if you trust Kitchenaid products I would suggest you go with it. It is well built and trustworthy.

KitchenAid 7 cup food processor is great for small stuff.

from Donaldsonville, LA

Comments about KitchenAid 7-Cup Food Processor:

I got this processor for just my husband and I, its great for us to make small chopping faster. It is very quiet, has lots of parts for I can chop, grate, even juice citurs fruit. There is even an attachement so I can make pie dough. With my Standmixer and my processor I am always trying things new because the processor makes me want to try new things since it is small batch, and easy to clean up. I can put all the parts in the dishwasher, so its great for me, since I don't like to clean the kitchen.