Other Blenders:
Countertop Blenders
KitchenAid
Models:
KSB565WH, KSB565AC, KSB565ER, KSB565OB, KSB565SM, KSB565CO, 207937, 8260481, KSB5WH, KSB5ER, BL1900R, KSB565BU, KSB585CR, KSB585NK
KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender

KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender

Pros

• Good pitcher (3)
  • Good power output (3)
  • Precise control (3)
  • Stable (3)

• Crushing ice (3)
  • Drinks (3)

This is one of the best!

What caught my eye first when looking at this blender was the color choices. Unlike some other brands there were multiple color choices and my color of choice was this blue one. I'm a huge fan of blue and my kitchen is in the same colors sho it was only right for me to purchase the blue blender. It for perfect in my average size kitchen and was easily accessible to me. I used this blender a lot, almost daily to make my breakfast smoothies, milk shakes, and icees for the kids during the summer. I also used a lot while entertaining adult guest by making mixed drinks. During these gatherings my friends would ask about my blender. They continuously complimented me on the color choice I'd made. I love the control panel on this blender. It's easy to understand and the blender is easy to operate. With previous blenders I would have the issue of the lid leaking during mixing and pouring the drinks but this blender does no such thing. It doesn't leak and the pour is efficient. The pitcher on this blender It's durable and can easily and safely go into the dishwasher to be washed. The only complaint I have is the cleaning of the base part of the blender. It's difficult getting inside the creases inside the blender base. It sometimes gets sticky inn there and needs to be cleaned but it's a bit difficult to maintain. This blender I will and have recommended out to many friends and family. Anyone that ask about the blender I tell them how much I enjoy using it and how its a bargain. You get what toy paid for within the first few uses. I would suggest this blender for a small family. It's also easy for children to operate, with adult supervision of course. My daughter has learned the buttons and can make get own fruit smoothies. The clean up party she hasn't got down yet but it's still a great blender for kids usage to. Overall the brand, the blender and its functions all make me satisfied so I would certainly consider purchasing this blender again.

Amazing for small jobs.

This product is great for blending smoothies, liquid ingredients for baking, whipping egg whites, making milk shakes, even chopping (actually liquefying) ingredients for salsas and such. I also have to drink weight gaining shakes in the morning. I am able to mix it with milk and a little ice cream and the blender can handle it.

I initially bought it to make frozen drinks for the kids (and adults :) ). I have tried many machines and have been disappointed by the lack of the ability to properly crush ice and make a proper blended drink. This one was no exception. I even tried to start out with small pieces of ice and my straw still kept getting plugged by ice for my iced coffee. I have not been able to crush ice, chop ice, shave ice, etc...

Also when putting in ingredients to chop, even if I pulse them they end up liquid. I am willing to give that one to operator error, even though it happens to everyone I have had try my machine. This is supposed to be a good solution to chopping onion and such, eliminating the need for a food processor also, no such luck. I still bring out the cutting board and knife.

Versatility
It is a great machine for milk shakes and smoothies. Do not use if you need to chop ice in the drink.

Dishwasher safe. I usually add water and a small amount soap then blend it. It comes very clean this was also.

The directions are very clear.

Typical blender, nothing new or ground breaking in the design.

I have dropped the pitcher and it has held up fine.

Great Product! I would definitely buy another one!

from Elon, North Carolina

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

• Cooking
    • Drinks
    • I have the cobalt blue it matches my appliances.
    • Large Kitchen
    • Small Kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I like my Kitchen Aid blender. I have the cobalt blue and many of the other Kitchen Aid small appliances all in cobalt blue.

These are very sturdy units. I would definitely recommend.

This is one of the best!

from Fort Worth, Texas

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean

• Large Kitchen
    • Small Kitchen

Fantastic!!

from Marqutte, Mi

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

• Cooking

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I got one of these for Christmas and OHMY! I love it! I make my kale smoothies and I even make my own baby food! Just put some cooked peas and carrots in there and blend it up, it's delicious for you and the baby! I recommend this blender with 5 stars!

Good product for the money

from Troy NY

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

The KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender is not the fanciest or most expensive blender we have ever owned, but it does the trick and is a good blender for its price range. We have used our KitchenAid blender to make: smoothies, soups, frozen beverages, cream sauces, and even puree cheesecake filling.

The blender works well, everything blends with good consistency, the only downside is that the blending speeds may be a bit more aggressive than other blenders. My suggestion would be to start out with a slower speed if you're not looking to add a ton of air to what you're blending (e.g. cheesecake filling).

This blender is very easy to assemble and to disassemble and clean, all of the pieces fit nicely into the dishwasher, and clean easily on a normal setting.

However, the KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender is a substantially sized blender with a wide base, so this product may not be the best choice for those with small kitchens who are pressed for counter space, as it will take up a good chunk of counter space.

Powerful, base too wide

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

This is a powerful machine and is really well built. Unfortunately I find that the base is really too wide. When blending thin liquids, this does not become a problem. But when blending something thicker like ice, oatmeal, or even small amounts of things, this is problematic because all of the ingredients are thrown to the sides of the blender and the blades can't reach them. I think that this product would be more effective if they just funneled the base a little more to force the ingredients closer to the blades.
      I have other Kitchenaide products and have been thrilled with the quality of that brand overall. I'm sure that this would be a product that will last forever, and if you really don't need it to crush ice, use it for other cooking, etc. but only like to make thinner, liquid items, then this would work great for you.

Blending Power
      The machine has plenty of power.

Versatility
      Good for thinner liquids.

Relatively easy to clean.

Very intuitive.

As I've mentioned before, I think it would be better with a thinner base.

Seems like really good quality and durable.

Kitchen Aid comes through

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I needed a blender, but couldn't afford a super fancy one, so after weeks of researching I chose the kitchen aid. I am familiar with the brand and the wide range of products that they offer. I felt that the brand had been around long enough that I could trust their appliances to last for some time and that they had done enough product testing to provide me with an appliance that would get the job done. I use it as a blender for drinks and such, I also use it as a stand in for a food processor which I haven't been able to bring myself to purchase, given my limited storage space.

Blending Power
      It has great blending power when it comes to making slushy drinks, but you have to be sure not to over fill it. Enough ice to make about three drinks is perfect and then you do not have to baby sit it or stir it up to get an even crush.

Versatility
      This works fairly well as a food processor when making things like guacamole or hummus. My problem is that I am usually making smaller portion sizes of these so I have to stir it up once or twice. Does the job well though and keeps me from buying yet another appliance.

Comes apart and goes back together really easily. Fill it with water and add a couple drops of soap, Pulse a few times and voila! I also take it apart to get all the crevices but that makes it simple.

Don't know what more to say-it is a blender, there are different selections, you push the button and it does what it says.

I like that there are color options. I went with the stainless and it is easy to keep clean dn looks nice when sitting out.

So far so good. I have owned this for about a year or so. Use it a few times a month during the winter, much more in the summer and still works like new.

• Versatility:

KitchenAid Blender is a great tool in my everyday cooking arena.

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

My KitchenAid 5-speed blender is a great tool that I used everyday in my kitchen. I use it to make my daily smoothies for breakfast. i use it to whip up puddings or to make sure that the liquidified gelatin is completely dissolved and mixed so that I don't get grittiness when I am serving gelatin. There are times if you don't use the KitchenAid blender that my gelatin when firmed up and then scooped out for eating can get that grittiness from the mixture not being thoroughly blended.

Blending Power
      I use it exclusively when making smoothies, gelatins, puddings, whipping cream, etc. I have never had it fail on me.

Versatility
      The KitchenAid Blender is versatile in the kitchen with making of a number of different items, including chopping ice through its blades.

The ease of cleaning is very simple. After I have cleaned out the blender jar, i add a dot of dishsoap and water to the blend. I then hit it on any speed and whip up the soapsuds which in turn cleans the blender container and blades with ease. Pour out the soap mixture and then rinse.

The usage and cleaning of the KitchenAid Blender is very simple.

The design of this blender makes it easy to add ingredients, easy to clean, easy to make sure that the contents are frothing, mixing up or even blending like making up homemade butter.

I have had this KitchenAid blender for quite a long time as well as having a second one to do more than one batch of like items or different items.

A good blender.

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I got this blender 6 or 7 years ago, and it's definitely the first blender I've had that has lasted that long. I really like the durable and easy to clean glass container. The lid is a bit weird- it's made of a rigid rubber with a clear plastic plug in the center. It's easy to clean, and dishwasher safe, but it's a little hard to get the lid on and off the container. The blade easily unscrews from the container and all the parts can go in the dishwasher. The base unit is easy to wipe clean except for the top of it. There's a lot of nooks and crannies where the container connects to the base that can be difficult to get a rag into.

As far as blending power, this blender definitely won't replace a high powered blender like a Vita Mix (which I have, and love), but it is pretty decent for a lower priced blender. I wouldn't recommend putting a lot of ice in it, it definitely can't handle it. It handles just about everything else just fine though. The variety of speeds make the blender versatile for whatever types of food you want to put in it.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced blender that will last a long time, I recommend this KitchenAid model.

KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I really wanted to love this KitchenAid blender, but it only lasted a week. I bought it to replace a blender I had been using for two years. It had been used so much, and it just wasn't working well anymore. It was a KitchenAid blender, so I decided to stick with the same brand. I thought this blender would last at least two years, but I was wrong. I opened it and made a smoothie as soon as I got it. I put a bunch of soft fruit in it, and it blended those well. I then added a little bit of ice, and the blades wouldn't even move. I had to turn the blender off and move the ice cubes around some. They were not big pieces, and there was not a lot of ice. After four days of doing this every morning, the blender started to smell like it was burning. I didn't see any smoke, but it didn't smell right. I stopped putting ice in it because I thought that was the problem. It worked for three more days, and then I saw smoke coming out of the back. The next time I tried to turn it on, it didn't work.

High efficiency blender

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I love to make smoothies and this blender is so simple and easy to work. It's also very easy to clean and stores neatly. I like the variations and options. Thank you very much

Everything rinses easily and quickly.

I use this daily and still have no signs of wear and tear.