Other Blenders:
KSB580CR, KSB580NK
KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender
Rca_2013_normal

KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender

Pros

• Good pitcher (4)
  • Easy to clean (3)
  • Good power output (3)
  • Stable (3)

• Drinks (4)
  • Cooking (3)
  • Small kitchen (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (3)

KitchenAid Multiple Use, Reliable Blender

This blender is powerful enough to handle everything from blended juices and soups to ice crushing and blended drinks.  We also have the kitchen aid food processor.  We got the food processor to make things like salsa and tabouli in large quantities that are homemade.  The truth is that we could probably accomplish some of this with the KitchenAid blender.  I have made Hummus and black bean soup and even for salsa and different sauces for cooking.  I got it to make smoothies and protein shakes that are nice and icy and cold, but I ended up using it for so much more.  It doesn't take much time at all to crush ice for drinks and it is super easy clean up.  If you are like me, you have owned a blender that has the rubber ring and all the different parts and pieces to clean and it's a hassle.  The polycarbonate pitcher is really easy to clean and you don't have to worry about food getting stuck in the nooks and crannies at the bottom.  I usually quickly clean it by hand and then sit it out to dry, but sometimes we can pop it in the dishwasher.  The one piece pitcher is dishwasher safe.  It's also a pretty attractive blender if you want to leave it sitting on your countertop.  I would highly suggest this blender if you use one often enough to justify the cost, but it's worth every penny!

Great Blender, but some downfalls...

We got this blender about a year ago and LOVED it. We didn't use it super often, and the few things that we needed it for (a couple of smoothies, puree-ing cooked vegetables for soups, etc.) were done easily, without any problems. The clean-up was easy, which encouraged us to use the blender more often as time went on. After about 8 months, however, we moved, and just kind of forgot about it in the process. It sat in a cupboard for about 4 months until we found a smoothie recipe that we HAD to try and we resurrected it. The first time using it after the move, it started smelling like burnt plastic, and it wasn't crushing the ice like it had before. I kept trying, not understanding the problem. We eventually took the the blender apart and found that the place where the two parts go together (sorry I don't know the correct terminology) was stripped, which was causing it to not blend things correctly. It barely crushes ice anymore, and constantly smells like burnt plastic. We don't know exactly what caused this--it may have been because I didn't put it together correctly (although I thought I had). If this is the case, the fact that it happened so easily (in just one use!) makes me nervous to buy another one.

I'll never need a Vitamix

from Arizona

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Stable

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I love this blender! We had a ninja that made super disappointing smoothies, so we took a chance on this one and we love it! I grew up with a Vitamix, but with this I'll never need to fork out that much cash on one! It does a great job, and three pitcher volume is great!

Powerful product love it

from Schaumburg

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean

• Crushing Ice

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I made awesome drinks and smoothies with it ,I even use it to blend veggies love this powerful product

Vary good

from Provo ut

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher

• Large Kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I love this product is easy to use, practical and durable.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Best Quac maker

from Spiro ok

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Good Pitcher
      • Powerful
      • Precise Control
      • Stable

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

Of course Kitchenaid is the best and always dependable. This blender is always on spot whether your chopping up onion or blending drinks. I use mine daily and it's always doing its job. Makes the best quac and blending all the spices and Vegys perfectly. It's a must have in the kitchen.

Great everyday blender

from ID

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
        • Good Pitcher

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

This is a great everyday blender. Perfect for smoothies, milkshakes, sauces, pancake batter and soups. The one I had lasted over 10 years. Easy to clean and use. Great quality!

Kitchen Aid rocks

from Edina, MN

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

The Kitchen Aid 5 speed blender is a great blender for everyday use. It has great power and the 5 speeds are perfect for every type of blending from ice, juices, shakes, desserts, etc. Pretty much everything. It is easy to use and clean and set up quick and it is a long lasting blender. Kitchen Aid has great products and they have great durability.

Blending Power
          Great blending power from level 1 to level 5, and with a reasonable amount of noise.

Versatility
          The 5 speeds cover everything you will need.

Simple to clean, especially if you do it right after you blend something.

Super simple to use, just like any other blender.

The design is simple and classic.

Great durability with all Kitchen aid products. They are built to last. We have had great experiences with our other appliances from them as well and they are really long lasting. One has more than 30 years and is still working like new! They are great!

• Versatility:

Good blender able to blend frozen foods

from Dayton, OH

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I have had this blender for about two years now and I still love it just as much as the first day that I bought it. I use it primarily for blending smoothies and it works like a dream. I am able to put in frozen chunks of bananas and whole frozen strawberries and it blends them up perfectly. My smoothies come out smooth and creamy, just like a milkshake. Just remember to always put your liquids into the carafe first, or use fresh fruit not frozen. I also use my blender to blend chunky soups into smooth soups and it works great. It starts slow enough that it doesn't try to explode out the top when you turn it on. When blending hot soup you have to take the stopper out of the lid and cover it with a cloth to make sure it doesn't explode everywhere and my cloth is very clean still after blending up. If you want to make sauces or vinaigrettes it works very well for those too. I make a mojo sauce with lots of cilantro and garlic and it comes out smooth and creamy every time. The only trouble I have had is that it does leak a little from the bottom, but not enough to be a problem, just enough to leave a small ring of residue on the bottom of the carafe, it's easy to clean. If you are in the market for a good blender with lots of power that won't cost you an arm and a leg this is the blender for you.

Great Blender for Great Price

from Longview, WA

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

This is a great blender for the price you pay.

Blending Power
          The blending power on this blender is great! I can use the ice feature and the ice is chopped very fine. Other blenders that I have used tend to smell like the motor is burning out just trying to crush ice, but the Kitchen-aid chops it in no time with no problem!

Versatility
          I'm not sure how much "versatility" you can get in a blender. It is great for making smoothies, pureeing foods, crushing ice, etc. It doesn't have a wand that goes into the blender part to help smash the food down, and it doesn't have the option to act as a food processor as some other brand blenders do, but overall, it does a great job.

This blender is incredibly easy to clean! Simply put a small amount of water and dish soap in it and then run the blender for a few seconds to stir it all around. Then all you need to do is rinse the container and wash the lid.

Very simple controls. The machine is not complicated to use at all. The blender sits on the base easily and the buttons are all well labeled.

Looks very nice and sleek in my kitchen!

I have had my blender for a couple of years and it has worked wonderfully with no problems. It is quite durable and I'm not afraid of it easily breaking.

Extremely Efficient

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

This is a powerful blender that gets jobs done fast and easily. Everything about this blender continues to impress me to this day, even though I've been using it for a while. I am in love with this product and it is definitely a great product.

Blending Power
          This blender turns frozen fruit into smoothies in 30 seconds or less. It can turn hard ice into snow in seconds. It can turn rice into powder in just three seconds. This blender is efficient and strong, and has tremendous blending power.

Versatility
          I use this blender for just about everything. I use it to make breakfast smoothies, and it does an amazing job of blending frozen fruit quickly. I also like to use this blender to make nut butters (almond and peanut), make flours (oat and rice), and puree some vegetables so I can make a soup (like tomatoes and butternut squash). This is a very versatile product that can do just about anything.

Clean up is a breeze with this product. It is dish washer safe, which means you don't have to waste time scrubbing and washing the blades or the containers, which means this product is great for daily use.

All I need to do is attach the right parts to the right places, and everything is good to go. Plus, it is almost impossible to hurt yourself with this blender, which is another great aspect about this product.

This blender not only looks attractive, but it is very safe and durable, which is important in any blender.

I think I've dropped this product by accident many times, and it is yet to break or stop working.

• Versatility:

Sturdy& Strong! Great value.

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

The best thing about this blender is I finally found one that doesn't seem "flimsy"!! I'm actually not afraid to step away while it's running. It's strong motor chops my margarita ice without sounding like there's about to be an explosion. It also purees my soups no problem, which is no easy task as I hide some pretty sturdy veggies from the kids in my soups!
          My only suggestion would be I wish it was bigger. But that's just a general wish for all blenders I've used.I hate having to make things in batches for my big group.