Other Blenders:

KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender

Pros

Cons

KitchenAid Multiple Use, Reliable Blender

This blender is powerful enough to handle everything from blended juices and soups to ice crushing and blended drinks.  We also have the kitchen aid food processor.  We got the food processor to make things like salsa and tabouli in large quantities that are homemade.  The truth is that we could probably accomplish some of this with the KitchenAid blender.  I have made Hummus and black bean soup and even for salsa and different sauces for cooking.  I got it to make smoothies and protein shakes that are nice and icy and cold, but I ended up using it for so much more.  It doesn't take much time at all to crush ice for drinks and it is super easy clean up.  If you are like me, you have owned a blender that has the rubber ring and all the different parts and pieces to clean and it's a hassle.  The polycarbonate pitcher is really easy to clean and you don't have to worry about food getting stuck in the nooks and crannies at the bottom.  I usually quickly clean it by hand and then sit it out to dry, but sometimes we can pop it in the dishwasher.  The one piece pitcher is dishwasher safe.  It's also a pretty attractive blender if you want to leave it sitting on your countertop.  I would highly suggest this blender if you use one often enough to justify the cost, but it's worth every penny!

Great Blender, but some downfalls...

We got this blender about a year ago and LOVED it. We didn't use it super often, and the few things that we needed it for (a couple of smoothies, puree-ing cooked vegetables for soups, etc.) were done easily, without any problems. The clean-up was easy, which encouraged us to use the blender more often as time went on. After about 8 months, however, we moved, and just kind of forgot about it in the process. It sat in a cupboard for about 4 months until we found a smoothie recipe that we HAD to try and we resurrected it. The first time using it after the move, it started smelling like burnt plastic, and it wasn't crushing the ice like it had before. I kept trying, not understanding the problem. We eventually took the the blender apart and found that the place where the two parts go together (sorry I don't know the correct terminology) was stripped, which was causing it to not blend things correctly. It barely crushes ice anymore, and constantly smells like burnt plastic. We don't know exactly what caused this--it may have been because I didn't put it together correctly (although I thought I had). If this is the case, the fact that it happened so easily (in just one use!) makes me nervous to buy another one.

Kitchen Aid rocks

from Edina, MN

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

The Kitchen Aid 5 speed blender is a great blender for everyday use. It has great power and the 5 speeds are perfect for every type of blending from ice, juices, shakes, desserts, etc. Pretty much everything. It is easy to use and clean and set up quick and it is a long lasting blender. Kitchen Aid has great products and they have great durability.

Blending Power
Great blending power from level 1 to level 5, and with a reasonable amount of noise.

Versatility
The 5 speeds cover everything you will need.

Simple to clean, especially if you do it right after you blend something.

Super simple to use, just like any other blender.

The design is simple and classic.

Great durability with all Kitchen aid products. They are built to last. We have had great experiences with our other appliances from them as well and they are really long lasting. One has more than 30 years and is still working like new! They are great!

• Versatility:

Good blender able to blend frozen foods

from Dayton, OH

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I have had this blender for about two years now and I still love it just as much as the first day that I bought it. I use it primarily for blending smoothies and it works like a dream. I am able to put in frozen chunks of bananas and whole frozen strawberries and it blends them up perfectly. My smoothies come out smooth and creamy, just like a milkshake. Just remember to always put your liquids into the carafe first, or use fresh fruit not frozen. I also use my blender to blend chunky soups into smooth soups and it works great. It starts slow enough that it doesn't try to explode out the top when you turn it on. When blending hot soup you have to take the stopper out of the lid and cover it with a cloth to make sure it doesn't explode everywhere and my cloth is very clean still after blending up. If you want to make sauces or vinaigrettes it works very well for those too. I make a mojo sauce with lots of cilantro and garlic and it comes out smooth and creamy every time. The only trouble I have had is that it does leak a little from the bottom, but not enough to be a problem, just enough to leave a small ring of residue on the bottom of the carafe, it's easy to clean. If you are in the market for a good blender with lots of power that won't cost you an arm and a leg this is the blender for you.

Great Blender for Great Price

from Longview, WA

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

This is a great blender for the price you pay.

Blending Power
The blending power on this blender is great! I can use the ice feature and the ice is chopped very fine. Other blenders that I have used tend to smell like the motor is burning out just trying to crush ice, but the Kitchen-aid chops it in no time with no problem!

Versatility
I'm not sure how much "versatility" you can get in a blender. It is great for making smoothies, pureeing foods, crushing ice, etc. It doesn't have a wand that goes into the blender part to help smash the food down, and it doesn't have the option to act as a food processor as some other brand blenders do, but overall, it does a great job.

This blender is incredibly easy to clean! Simply put a small amount of water and dish soap in it and then run the blender for a few seconds to stir it all around. Then all you need to do is rinse the container and wash the lid.

Very simple controls. The machine is not complicated to use at all. The blender sits on the base easily and the buttons are all well labeled.

Looks very nice and sleek in my kitchen!

I have had my blender for a couple of years and it has worked wonderfully with no problems. It is quite durable and I'm not afraid of it easily breaking.

Extremely Efficient

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

This is a powerful blender that gets jobs done fast and easily. Everything about this blender continues to impress me to this day, even though I've been using it for a while. I am in love with this product and it is definitely a great product.

Blending Power
This blender turns frozen fruit into smoothies in 30 seconds or less. It can turn hard ice into snow in seconds. It can turn rice into powder in just three seconds. This blender is efficient and strong, and has tremendous blending power.

Versatility
I use this blender for just about everything. I use it to make breakfast smoothies, and it does an amazing job of blending frozen fruit quickly. I also like to use this blender to make nut butters (almond and peanut), make flours (oat and rice), and puree some vegetables so I can make a soup (like tomatoes and butternut squash). This is a very versatile product that can do just about anything.

Clean up is a breeze with this product. It is dish washer safe, which means you don't have to waste time scrubbing and washing the blades or the containers, which means this product is great for daily use.

All I need to do is attach the right parts to the right places, and everything is good to go. Plus, it is almost impossible to hurt yourself with this blender, which is another great aspect about this product.

This blender not only looks attractive, but it is very safe and durable, which is important in any blender.

I think I've dropped this product by accident many times, and it is yet to break or stop working.

• Versatility:

Sturdy& Strong! Great value.

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

The best thing about this blender is I finally found one that doesn't seem "flimsy"!! I'm actually not afraid to step away while it's running. It's strong motor chops my margarita ice without sounding like there's about to be an explosion. It also purees my soups no problem, which is no easy task as I hide some pretty sturdy veggies from the kids in my soups!
My only suggestion would be I wish it was bigger. But that's just a general wish for all blenders I've used.I hate having to make things in batches for my big group.

A kitchen necessity!

from Ohio

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I absolutely love this product! I was in search of a quality blender for a long time. Many friends suggested another higher priced and very popular blender. I was really looking for something in a lower price point so I could see if I would use the product as much as I had hoped. I grabbed the Kitchen Aid blender at a great sale price online and decided to take the plunge and give it a try. Three years later I use it almost daily sometimes multiple times a day. It has no problems making smoothies with either fresh or frozen vegetables, crushing ice or even blending fresh herbs for pesto or chunkier veggies (tomatoes, green peppers, onions, jalapenos, etc) for salsa! A great purchase and a very reliable product. It's easy to clean, has a sleek design and is a great multifunctional kitchen appliance. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is in the market for a blender.

• Versatility:

A mixer that stands the test of time.

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I have had this KitchenAid 5 Speed blender for over three years. I received this appliance as a wedding gift and use it almost everyday. I feel like I have gotten a lot of It has a lot of power and is very durable. I have never had any problems with this mixer. It blends frozen fruits without any problems and is easy to clean. I mostly use this blender to make smoothies and blend soups. The controls on this mixer are simple and efficient. It is nothing fancy but gets the job done. It also looks very nice and is small enough to keep on the kitchen counter.

Wonderful blender!

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

This was an item we did a great deal of research on before adding to our wedding registry. We've been using it for over three years now, and it's great! I think it is very well designed and looks really attractive. It's a piece I'm more than happy to leave out for display on my kitchen counter. It came in several color options (we chose a brushed stainless steel finish with black buttons) and, because of its nice design, there aren't a ton of crevices, so it cleans up like a dream with a simple damp wipe, dries without smudges or watermarks, and the stainless steel is really easy to maintain too. I appreciate that the pitcher is a heavy grade plastic (definitely not cheap - it's thick, sturdy, and attractive) rather than glass because I worry much less about it accidentally falling or breaking in the sink. The lid is solid and stays put nicely while blending, the blades are very sharp, and there are many blending, pulsing, chopping, pureeing, and liquefying options, so there will always be a setting to get the job done. This blender is very durable, strong, long lasting, high quality, and consistently does a great job. The only two minor concerns I have with it are that ours sometimes smells like the motor is smoking or burning when I use it for extended lengths of time (I think this is a common thing with blenders though), and I wish the cord to plug it in was just ever so slightly longer. Otherwise, an excellent choice!

awesome blender

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

Works great. Best blender I've owned. Easy to use and clean. Worth the price!

Blending Power
Struggles with large amounts of ice but still does well. Just needs stopped and stored at points. It is still powerful despite this and very fast and efficient compared to other blenders.

Great heavy duty blender

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

We have had this blender for 5 years now and it stills works wonderfully as it did day 1. We use it for smoothies, to chop veggies, puree soups, etc. It's very powerful. I don't really care for the way it chops cilantro, doesn't really get the job done. But hey, that's just one thing out of hundreds of items that we've used in it that we don't like the way it comes out.
We really use it for smoothies all of the time, and it's AMAZING for that! I was a barrista for 7 years and have used commercial grade blenders. This blender isn't as powerful, but can make a smoothie just as good as the commercial grade blender.
This blender is sooooo nice to clean since it's technically only 4 pieces! The motor/base, the pitcher, and the lid which is 2 pieces. So it makes cleaning very easy. And it's all so durable. I put it in the dishwasher and it's just fine! :)
I love the KitchenAid brand. Very dependable and reliable. Nice and heavy duty. :) I really recommend this blender.