Other Toasters:

KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster

Pros

Cons

The KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster is the BEST toaster I've ever had

**The KitchenAid ( model KMTT400OB) 4-Slice Toaster is the absolute BEST toaster that I've ever owned.  I love the stainless steel design and the large, openings for the bread.  It also has a bagel button that you can push and the toaster will only brown the insides of the bagels.  FANTASTIC for bagels or even english muffins!  It has easy to use  settings and I have yet to burn anything!  It also has a warmer button.  That is for when you fix your toast but it gets cold before you have time to get it out, you can push the toast back down and hit the "warm" button and it will warm your toast (or bagel) without re-browning it.  I've used that feature alot, especially on those busy mornings when it seems like I am going in 3 or 4 differant directions!  It is easy to clean, and doesn't leave fingerprints all over it, and the slide out drawer in the back makes cleaning up the crumbs even easier.  With my old toaster, I always managed to get crumbs all over the place when I tried to clean it.  I hope this toaster lasts a long time, but as with all KitchenAid products, I'm sure it will!  Definately worth the money!**

toast not so evenly

I had high expectations of this toaster after the good reviews I have seen.Maybe I have a faulty model or something. One side toasts true to the setting, for example it burns toast at setting 9. The other side hardly changes the color on setting 9 and in fact half of the toast remains completely white (untoasted) and cold in both compartments which leads me to believe something is wrong with it. I Have had this for less than a week and am incredibly disappointed. It takes so long to toast anything in this toaster. I don't have time to wait around for some unevenly toasted toast! You expect toast to be done in a few minutesand ready to go but nope. I now use another cheaper toaster to complete the job that this toaster fails to do on so many levels. I would not recommend this

Love this toaster!

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster:

I bought this toaster after our old one went out and the first replacement just did not do everything that I wanted it to do. I need a toaster that has wide openings because my son likes to cook the wide toast and I need to be able to make myself bagels as well. This toaster fit everything that I was looking for, it has a lot of different settings and will accommodate a nice big bagel in it. I really like that this has a stop button on it, so if you realize that your toast or bagel is going to be overcooked you can hit the stop button and it instantly pops it up and stops cooking it. This has settings just for things like bagels an toast on it, even if they are frozen you can press the button and it makes sure to toast it to perfection for you. It is really easy to clean by removing the bottom and just getting all of the crumbs out. The toasting settings range from 1-9 on the darkness you want in your toast and it toasts it all very evenly. This toaster is safe and effective and looks sleek in your kitchen, it is the best toaster I have ever had.

Even Toasting And Long Lasting

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster:

I had my four slot KitchenAid toaster for about three years before the right side stopped working. It was something that was used at least once a day and until the right side stopped working I was extremely pleased with it. It was the only toaster (at the time) that had slots wide enough that I could cook frozen waffles in it without the waffles breaking into pieces when removing them from the toaster slots.

I like that there are independent controls for each side and that when it popped the bread or bagel up out of the slot you didn't have to unplug it and use a fork to dig it out. Because the body is made of stainless steel it can show grease splatters and dirt a little more than plastic models but it is easier to clean.

This does take up a good bit of space but if you make breakfast for more than a couple of people it is worth it. The pull out crumb drawer on the bottom eliminates the need to take the toaster to a garbage can and dump it out.

The only time I had a problem with this was making toaster pasties like Pop Tarts; you really need to stand there while they are being toasted because if they are frosted the layer of icing on the pastry could brown too much and it will end up ruining the taste of it.

Bagels need to be evenly sliced to prevent uneven cooking or burned spots but other than that this four slot toaster was great to have. It works more efficiently than a side by side slot toaster and while it takes up more room, it worked perfectly for three years.

KitchenAid toaster review

Comments about KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster:

I really like this toaster, the bagel setting really works to toast the inside of bagels and buns while keeping the outside soft. I also like the keep warm button so your toast will stay warm without getting overly toasted.

Toasting Evenness
It toast great, there are no spots where it's not toasted or overly toasted. The bagel setting gets the inside nicely toasted while just warming the outside leaving it soft instead of hard and crunchy

Safety
The surface doesn't get hot so it's not a burning hazzard if you brush against it while using it.

The crumb trays are easy to remove and replace and the surface just needs a quick wipe

I have used my toaster for several years and it looks and works just as good as when I took it out of the package.

I love the features this toaster has but it is very large and takes up quite a bit of counter space. It looks very nice, the black and chrome matches the other appliances in my kitchen.

kitchen aid 4-slice toaster kmtt400

from Winston Salem, NC

Comments about KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster:

What an outstanding toaster. I love the retro look of this toaster and it is so fun to use. My kids like waffles and bagles and poptarts and having the 4 slots is a big plus. This toaster toast to perfection and has controls to adjust your toasting lever. This toaster was a bit pricey, but its from Kitchen Aid so you know it will be good. This will last you for many years as opposed to the cheaper toasters. This toaster is also very easy to clean. Just wipe with a soft cloth. There is also a removable crumb tray. If you use a toaster a lot this Kithcen Aid 4-slice toater is the way to go. It will even fit larger slices of bread. You will not be disappointed with the performance of this toaster.

toast not so evenly

from Beverly Hills, CA

looks good, works bad.

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster:

I loved the appearance of this toaster because it matched perfectly with my kitchen. I also liked that it holds 4 slices. I bought it, even though it was a little pricey. It worked great for about a month, and then randomly GAVE OUT! I tried plugging it in one morning and the inside of the toaster sparked up and scared me half to death. After that I gave up on it in fear of starting a fire, but then decided to give it one more try after thinking of how much it cost me. I tried it again, and got no response. My toaster died. I am very upset about this because it had such great potential and put a dent in my wallet. Oh well, you win some and lose some. I would say not to waste your money. I now have a cheapy toaster and it has stood by me for months =)

great toaster

from San Diego, CA

Comments about KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster:

First off, this is a great toaster because it rarely burns anything, can toast 4 breads at once and has been working pretty well for me for a while now. You can toast breads, rolls, or even bagels because the slot is wide enough that you can use it other than just bread. the coolest thing though is the design of the thing, it looks like some retro 1950's product and it looks really cool. It's made out of steel and it looks so much better in your kitchen than the standard plastic ones you see at stores nowadays. Also it has a bit of heft so it doesn't feel like it's gonna break if you hit it or push it to hard. The price range is also good that it's medium priced and for a good toast, the price is pretty reasonable.

Classy toaster

from Elyria, OH

Comments about KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster:

I had a couple of weeks, but I am highly satisfied. Without doubt, it looks good. It's a little big, but it should be against me, after moving some things. I like my bagels toasted on both sides so that the bagel is not useful for me. I tried the hot heat and toast, and it worked fine. However, not all fresh toast with butter substitute.Lattice parameters are reasonable: I use three rye bread, 5 for potato (wet) bread, bagels and 5 or 6 fresh English muffins. I've never seen a configuration of more than 6 (go to 10, I think) used. The rate of browning is acceptable but would be faster if the elements of the roast reaches brilliant temperature faster - they are slow, but maybe it will take longer. Toast things fairly uniform.

Kitchen Aid 4-Slice Toaster is the best toaster I have ever had.

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster:

One of my favorite KitchenAid appliances is my Kitchen Aid 4 slice toaster. It is the perfect toaster in every way I can think of. The opening ares nice and large so I do not need to "squish" down my bagles or thinker bread to fit inside the toaster. And it has a bagle setting so bagles are always perfect and golden. It always heats the same, so nice and consistent, even toast every time! This toaster is super easy to clean also. The crumb tray is nice and sturdy. Not flimsy and bendy like other toasters so no crumb spilage on the way to the trash can. The features are easy to use and simple to figure out. The different seetings are very clearly marked so easy to use, LOVE this toaster. I will never get another if i don't have to!

Kitchen Aid 4slice is a great toaster

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster:

I recently bought this item from my local target store after purchasing other kitchenaid products I liked.  I really liked the red sides of this toaster ( I know it has nothing to do with the functionality of it, but eh why have a boring toaster when you can have a red one I say).  So, anyway I got the toaster and brought it home for a "toast" run.  It really works great.  I loaded four slices into the toaster and a minute or so later I had four lightly toasted breads ready for eating.  None of the pieces were overly toasted just lightly browned on each side.  You can set the toaster for a more toasted bread, but I'm a fan of the light toast.  So needless to say, I was pretty happy with the result and and quite glad with this purchase.  I would recommend this toaster and the kitchenaid family of products overall as a nice addition to your kitchen appliance family.  Kitchenaid does it again, well done.