Other Blenders:
Countertop Blenders
KitchenAid
KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540

KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540

Pros

• Stable (7)
  • Easy to clean (6)
  • Good power output (6)
  • Good pitcher (4)
  • Precise control (3)

• Drinks (8)
  • Crushing ice (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (4), Casual cook (3)

Kitchen Aid Blender Review

Blended sufficiently but not professionally, good for a cheap blender but not good for heavy-duty jobs or for anything too strenuous. I enjoyed the blender as a cheaper yet effective blender especially for smoothies. Definitely got my money's worth. It fit perfectly on my kitchen counter, not too big or bulky.

Blending Power
Many harder foods needed to be chopped first because it would overheat or break down if it blended them. Very effective on softer foods like bananas however.

Versatility
Versatile like a normal blender, not to use for anything too fancy, basically just smoothies, crush ice, etc.

Nothing too complicated, very simple and easy to clean. Just rinse of plastic and you are done in a few minutes.

Don't even need to read the instructions, very intuitive. When i first got the blender, I plugged it in and just started blending, nothing too fancy or complicated about it.

Sleek, nice looking design. Nothing too amazing, but you get your money's worth.

Has handled well for a few years without breaking down. Not to be used on larger or tougher materials, especially not without a bit of liquid in the blender, otherwise it overheats...not good!

Looks great, hard to clean, gets stuck easily

We received this blender as a holiday gift, and it looks nice. It is very big and bulky, though. It is loud, as I would think every blender would be. It gets stuck often, and I do not use it for too many things, and not really anything that challenging. I do not often use it for ice, and when I have, it does not get the chunks small enough to be used in a smooth cocktail. I have used it for soups and pesto, and it is very hard to get all of the product out off the bottom, under the blades. It is very hard to clean, though I usually just toss the jar into the dishwasher and it gets pretty clean, though a lot of food is wasted in the bottom, just because I could not get to it. I wish the jar was glass, and I wish the blades were removable, yes, I suppose I should have a food processor if I want removable blades. I just hate the thought of having another appliance! I have since added an immersion blender to my cabinet, which I find that I use much more often than this blender. To clean that, I just whiz it in a cup of water and soap, then rinse. So much easier!

I would buy it again

from Cleveland Tn

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
  • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540:

I love using this to make smoothies, and drinks for everyone. It works great! If I ever needed another I would buy this again

this works pretty well

from plainwell, MI

Pros

• Powerful
  • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540:

this works pretty well for crushing ice if needed. makes good smoothies and it is fast. it is hard to clean but that's the case for most blenders.

I would buy this again

from Fulton NY

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

• Large Kitchen
    • Small Kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540:

Kids loved it as much as us smoothies and millshakes daily.

Great blender for mixed drinks

from Fancy Farm, KY

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

Comments about KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540:

We got this to replace one we had as a wedding gift. The blender is great for mixed drinks and shakes. It is little loud but has worked great easy to clean and the color is great.

Great Blender

from Murfreesboro, NC

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Good Pitcher
      • Powerful
      • Precise Control
      • Stable

Comments about KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540:

I love this blender. I use it mostly for making mixed drinks, and smoothies. Easy to use and clean. I haven't had any problems with it. Crushes ice well. And it wasn't expensive. Almost time for a new one, but I've definitely got my monies worth out of it

Great product

from Baton Rouge, La

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
        • Powerful
        • Stable

Comments about KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540:

This product is great for fixing smoothies, protein shakes, and just every day use. It is very easy to clean as well as easy to use. I would recommend this product to anyone who is on the go, has a family, works a lot, due to the quickness and easiness of it to be cleaned. It makes it just so simple to clean after a long day or in a rush to head off to work etc.

I would buy this again!

from Erie, PA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Good Pitcher

Cons

• Complicated Controls

• Cooking

Comments about KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540:

Love this! so easy to use. i reccomend this to anybody who likes to use blenders a lot because this one will hold up for a long time!

three speeds

from antioch,CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Stable

Cons

• Not Powerful

• Small Kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540:

It is very useful for a small kitchen but to make things more profecionales is not very useful.

Most reliable blender I've owned

from Nevada City, CA

Comments about KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540:

I've owned a lot of blenders – until this one I've never felt like they are up to the tasks it put them through - mostly ice. This one is tough!

Very powerful!

Will blend anything.

I've put it in the dishwasher, because I put everything in the dishwasher. Made it just fine.

Easy to use buttons. If the ice bunches up there is even a boost pulse button to get it going again!

Buttons are sealed so I they don't gunk up from spills. Love this feature!

Very strong. Like I said I blend lots of ice and even put it in the dishwasher. The pitcher part is glass but very sturdy.

• Versatility:

LOVE IT! Stylish and Sleek Looking!

Comments about KitchenAid 3-Speed Blender KSB540:

Make smoothies everyday and does a great job chopping the ice! Love the stylish look as its matches my appliances so you are pleased to show it off during a party event at your house. This blender does the job it was hired to do!!!

Blending Power
          Does a great job with the exception of having to takes some time to swish it around when doing ice. But it does do the job!

Versatility
          Can use it for drinks and food basically anything. One time I made mashed potatoes as my blender had broken and there was a huge event at my house that night

Easy to clean if done right away. If you wait becareful of the blades as particals will cake on them making it a more time consuming effort

Connect it, add your ingredients and blend. Its that easy with the exception of sometimes have to stop and manually shake the indgriendts up

easy to handle and store and very sleek looking

last a while even when you are tough on it with ice multiple times a day