Other Refrigerators:

KitchenAid 28.6 cu. ft. Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

Love !

Comments about KitchenAid 28.6 cu. ft. Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator:

We used this fridge in the town house that we remodeled and shortly after we remodeled we had to move. I would have to say I miss this fridge most! I pray for my fridge to die so I can get this one.

Noise Level
This fridge is super quite. We had the ice and water on the inside instead of the door so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Interior Organization
I rarely give anything a 10, but I love organization of this fridge! I love that the fridge is eye level and that it has enough width to fit full pans and sheet cakes. We do a lot of entertaining for our large family and this fridge was perfect for it. Especially the draw on the bottom that i could put all the appetizers. The freezer on the bottom was good for me because i really do not freeze a lot of things. If you are a big freezing person you may have to get another freezer to hold everything.

Temperature Control
Temperature was just as we regulated it and stayed without any issues

This fridge was easy to clean with glass shelves that all came out and draws that came out also. The front does get finger prints easily with the stainless.

This fridge with stands that abuse of 2 children without any issues

Love the design of this fridge with the fridge on top and the freezer on the bottom. Genius !!

• Temperature Control:

This product is a pain to use.

from Drakesboro, Ky

I bought the Kitchen Aid 28.6 cu ft. Architect Series II French Door Refrigerator because I liked that the fridge was so huge on the inside. I thought it would be a lot more convenient then the traditional side by side fridge and freezer. This refrigerator does give me twice the room for perishable items but the downside is anytime I want to get something from the freezer part I have to bend down.

At first this was just a minor inconvenience, but we use a lot of frozen products because I prefer frozen vegetables over canned because there is not so much salt and preservatives. I am constantly having to bend over to get something out of the fridge and it has become very aggravating.

Noise Level
The fridge is really quiet.

Interior Organization
The inside of the fridge part is very nicely laid out and does open up a lot of space.

Temperature Control
It keeps things from getting too warm but doesn't make it so cold that stuff freezes in the fridge part.

Very hard to clean the freezer you have to get on your hands and knees to do it.

So far so good!

At first I thought I would love the design but it is more aggravating having the freezer on the bottom than it was to have the side by side with less space.

• Temperature Control:

Energy efficient, but too many negatives to give a better rating

from Winter Park, FL

We purchased this refrigerator in September of 2013, after our 10-year-old GE refrigerator died. We had recently remodeled our kitchen using all KitchenAid Architect II appliances, so my husband was determined that the new refrigerator should match the other appliances. We like the bottom drawer freezer concept. The large double door frig section allows for easier access to large or heavy dishes. While some people complain about the noise, I don't have that issue. Our kitchen is open to the rest of the living area of the house, and other than the occasional dropping of ice cubes into the dispenser, I do not hear the motor of the unit. To me, it is exceptionally quiet. The water filter located in the refrigerator is easy to access/change. Our fruits and veggies seem to last a few days longer in the humidity controlled crispers that are in this unit. The lighting in this unit is excellent and the flexibility of the shelves is very nice.

The problems I have with this unit are numerous. We had to have several parts replaced in the first 4 months of ownership. A thermostat went bad. We had to wait almost 2 weeks to get the thermostat, because we were told, they are no longer manufacturing them and a replacement could not be found. I was told the problem is consistent with the model I purchased. Hopefully, the new design is better! The water dispenser sensor was not functioning correctly. When we pushed against the water lever, it needed to be done with a great deal of effort. When we removed the glass, the water did not always stop coming out and we ended up with puddles on our new wood floor. The new replacement parts have remedied that, for now. When the refrigerator or freezer doors do not close completely, an alarm is supposed to go off. However, if the door is ajar just the slightest bit, the sensor does not recognize this. Thus, the door(s) is technically open and not cooling or freezing, leaving a lot of food to go bad or defrost. The unit is very difficult to roll out from and in to the wall. It takes 2 of us a great deal of effort. The wheels should be larger and easier to roll. The handle to the freezer keeps coming loose. We are continuously having to screw in the little screws of the handle. Hopefully, we never misplace the little "Allen" wrench supplied! The shelves and drawers of the refrigerator are very hard to remove, because the double doors do not open enough (or stay open), to allow one person to easily remove a shelf.

All in all, I’m not impressed. I don’t think I would purchase another KA refrigerator, unless I saw stellar + rave reviews. I really want to like this refrigerator, because it looks so pretty. But don’t let looks steer you in the wrong direction.

Noise Level
While others have commented on a noisy motor, I have never experienced this problem. I do hear a slight hum, but it is certainly not distracting or annoying.

Interior Organization
I wish there was more room on the doors of the refrigerator for storing small items.

Temperature Control
The temperature controls are very easy to change and view.

The shelves and drawers are really difficult to remove! If you have a large mess, it takes quite an effort to get the shelves out. And, getting them back in? Oh, boy! Good luck.

We have owned our unit 4 months and continue to experience issues. Leads me to wonder what will be the situation 5 years from now.

The wheels need re-engineering to make them roll smoother. The doors of the refrigerator don't open nearly enough to easily remove the shelves.

• Temperature Control:

This is a great product!

This refrigerator is everything and more than what it is advertised like on television! This product performs wonderfully! I have never had a problem while using this refrigerator. It is so simple and basic to use, and I love the way that it is set up. The shelves are aligned perfectly for your access, so that when you are unloading your groceries, you can put them away easily without having to struggle to find space for them in your fridge.

Noise Level
I have never had an issue with the noise level on this refrigerator. It is a very quiet appliance, perhaps the quietest one in my kitchen!

Interior Organization
I love the way the interior of this fridge is set up! Everything is set up neatly and conveniently for you.

Temperature Control
The temperature on this fridge is very easy to control.

This refrigerator is very easy to clean out, as long as you maintain it and take care of it properly.

This product is very durable.

I love the design of this fridge. It is very modern.

• Temperature Control:

Easy use, very efficient, and has good looks

I was very skeptical of this fridge and freezer because of the brand. I had a poor experience with one of their other products. However, I have read many great reviews that I could not resist getting this myself. It turns out that this fridge had very great features and qualities. I am very satisfied as it meets all of my needs. The ice maker is very fast, it also pours water out quickly too. The fridge and freezer are not too cold or warm inside. They keep the temperatures of the food at perfect levels. The ease of cleaning is easy for all of the parts except for the ice maker. You have to take the tray out which is usually wet and splashes all over the floor when you take it out to clean it. However, you can absorb all the water out before you remove it if that it a problem to you. This fridge is very stylish and modern. This fridge and freezer seem to be very durable, and manageable.