3.6

3.6

Sleek Product

from Dawsonville, GA

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Slice Toaster:

We've owned this product for several months now after our last toaster started the kitchen on fire with a Toaster Pastry. Needless to say, I don't leave my toaster unattended anymore and did a lot of research before purchasing a new one. This toaster is very nice. I like the features on it although I would have preferred a 4 slice model. It works well, but the toast seems to toast more on one side. I don't know if it is this particuliar toaster or this particuliar model. I also don't care for the way fingerprints show up on it, but mine is black and stainless and not related to this brand or model. I love how easy it is to clean. The bottom tray slides out. I find the temperature to be accurate and love the way it can toast from very light to burnt if you'd like it to. It also has a bagel setting and it's openings are large enough to accomodate bagels without getting stuck. I would recommend this product. Be careful not to dent it.

Toasting Evenness
One side tends to brown faster than the other. It's a great toaster, but I probably would go with a different one if I had to replace. I have not had one problem out of it. It works well and I love the bagel feature. It is just that one glitch with the browning that I've had. Lots of adjustable settings and that is great.

Love how easy it is to clean.

Held up perfectly.

Great cord wrap on bottom so cord isn't on counter.

• Safety:
  • Toasting Evenness:

THis KitchenAid Toaster does't last too long!

from San Jose, CA

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Slice Toaster:

Beware! Although this toaster may look very fancy and cost a whole lot of money, it doens't last too long and is very susceptible to breaking. I got this toaster from my mom's friend last year for Christmas after i moved to my new house. I loved it at first because it toasted bread surprisingly very quickly and I was happy about the quality of the toast. But, later, it started having problems and the toast started coming out not evenly toasted. Not so good! So, I finally decided to get a new one about a month ago and I threw this one out.

I wonder why this toaster wasn't so great. Maybe it was just mine, or KitchenAid just isn't so good at making toasters! I wouldn't risk buying this toaster though.

Great Kitchenaid Toaster!

from Bellevue, NE

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Slice Toaster:

I got the Red Kitchenaid 2-Slice Toaster for Christmas one year.  Just after a year, it broke.  The warranty was only for 12 months.  But we were living with a roommate from hell and she constantly used it, so I don't know if she broke it on purpose.  But KitchenAid warranty staff were great!  The repair business was not able to fix it becuase of fire safety hazards which I totally understand.  But they did offer me a 50% discount on purchasing a new one.  I thought that was more than fair and really appreciated them helping me save some money!  I have had the new one for a year now and never had any issues with it.  It is small enough to leave on a countertop or you can store it in pantry/cabinets if you prefer.  I love the style of it, I feel that it is a great style and classic and timeless!  It is easy to clean and does not show fingerprints.  Would definitely recommend for your personal use and there are a variety of colors avaialble.  Awesome gifts too!

Typical KitchenAid product - GREAT!

from Haughton, LA

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Slice Toaster:

I was given the KitchenAid 2-Slice Toaster in red about five years ago as a present. This toaster is still in fantastic working condition and still looks great! We mainly use the toast to make toast, but it does a great job toasting/warming Pop-Tarts, waffles and bagles. It's heavy for its size and the color is beautiful. I love the removable crumb tray as it makes clean up quick, easy and effortless. No more crumbs left on the countertop or in the cabinet after storage. The sides do get a bit warm when using the higher settings, but quickly cool off. Within minutes of using the toaster, I can have it back in the cabinet without fear of anything next to it burning or melting. Do wish the cord was situated a bit differently as it can easily get stuck under the toaster while it is on, but as long as you take a few extra seconds to make sure it's laying correctly, there really isn't a problem. Overall, fantastic toaster that has lasted much longer than any other toaster I've had.

best toaster ever

from Diboll, TX

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Slice Toaster:

My kitchenaid toaster is wonderful! I have never burned toast in it. It is perfect for my bagels. It never gets hot to the touch; plastic outside stays safe and cool and I don't have to worry that the babies will get burned. My 8 year old granddaughter can even make her own bagels or toast.

Good Value

from Addison, NY

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Slice Toaster:

*I have the **KitchenAid 2 slice Toaster **in red, part of my purchase was to match the rest of my kitchen's small appliances. But in using this toaster I learned that I really seemed to like it.  The Extra-Wide slots are good for texas toast, waffles and bagels. The toaster also has cool reach side panels so I dont have to worry about buring myself and worry about my kids using the toaster and getting burned. There is a button on the front that is specifically for bagels and a warm button if you just want to warm something up not toast it. Which is a really cool feature. The removeable crumb tray makes for easy clean up and the sides you can just wipe down nicely. I love when the red shimmers! The lever seems easy to lift if you want to end the toasting early, and the dial makes it easy to choose a setting that is right for me. The cord tucks away right under the toaster, if you pull on it to much it does make the toaster spin around, bad placement on thier part. But overall this is the best toaster I have ever owned, lots of personalization!*

Pretty but not amazing

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Slice Toaster:

This toaster, like other reviewers have said, doesn't toast very dark unless you set it on a very high setting. For me, that's really okay because I don't mind turning the toaster up. It is a good value for the money, though.

KitchenAid toaster needs improvement

from Gorham, ME

Comments about KitchenAid 2-Slice Toaster:

I do not recommend this type of toaster. It is very hot to the touch on the outside. The cord is backwards, it`s attached in the front. The slots are not wide enough for a bagel. When you press the lever down the bread doesn`t go in very far, and when it pops back up, it`s not up enough to get your toast out. You end up burning your fingers. If you need to get your toast out before it`s done, the lever won`t move. You have to unplug it for it to pop up. Not the best of the bunch.