Other Coffee Makers:

KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

Kitchenaid Coffee Maker

Recently purchased this coffee maker to replace our Keurig which was becoming too expensive to run even though the convenience was great. Was hesitant to go back to a drip coffee maker and wanted one that would give a good brew not colored water. This machine does just that and then some. My husband insists on a bold coffee to start his morning and this machine give the option of regular or bold brew and actual comes through with that. We tried both the regular brew and the bold and there was a definite difference. Another nice feature of the coffee maker is you can select the temperature of the warming plate, keeping your coffee as hot as you like it. There is also an automatic shut off so no more worrying, did I remember to shut off the coffee?

Although I have not used it this machine is also fully programmable so the coffee is ready when you get up.

I wanted to like this...I really did...but...

I wanted to like this...I really, really did It's sleek and attractive looking and fit in great with my kitchen's decor...but (and this is a *big* but)...the carafe design is terrible. This thing is just plain hard to clean. And worse, it's hard to pour without having water (or, worse, coffee) dribbling down the side. Since being able to pour coffee without scalding oneself should be a basic goal of any coffee maker, this unit is an epic failure.

The brewing process is actually fine - it brews quickly and consistently. It's much faster than my previous coffeemaker, so I had high hopes for the machine when we first got it.

Long story short, this coffee maker brews well, but the hassle of cleanup prevents me from being able to recommend this unit. My search for a relatively inexpensive coffeemaker that actually works well will, sadly, have to continue. Why is this such a hard thing, cofeemaker manufacturers?

I love KitchenAid Products

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Everyday

Comments about KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker:

Wow! The KitchenAid 14 cup architect coffee maker is simply stunning and amazing. First of all it looks amazing with my stainless steel appliances. It is really prefect. I also love that it makes so many cups of coffee. 14 cups is a lot of cups! The only challenge when just making it for yourself is not to make too big of a pot. Sometimes I accidently make 5 cups of coffee. Don't get me wrong, I still drink it all but it is easy to mess it up. I like that when its brewing it is nice and quiet and it doesn't sweat like some coffee makers do. The pot stays hot for a very long time and my coffee never gets burnt. If you are looking for a high quality and efficient coffee maker I would definitely recommend this particular coffee maker.

Nice but noisy

from Tampa Florida

Comments about KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker:

Unique style, brews quickly but very noisy. Not up to Kitchenaid standards.

Brew Performance
    Must brew using plastic removable container which could easily break and gold paperless basket. Very noisy brewing. Returned first one thinking it was defective but second does the same. Nothing special on any brew cycle.

Charcoal filter is a pain.

Plastic canister that holds water is heavy, handle may easily break. The gold basket is difficult to keep clean, I rinse and let dry but grounds still stay stuck on. I dont notice a difference between regular and bold settings. The time feature is nice, but available on less expensive units. I find the process if making coffee in this cumbersome and not easy.

Dont like canister design or loud noise.

Unsure about plastic container, you must remove it every time to fill. It has a cheap handle that will likely break. The noise from the pot makes me unsure how long it will last. The charcoal filter is on a stick inside the plastic container and must be replaced.

So far, a Great Coffeemaker

Comments about KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker:

A little while ago, we picked up a KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker to replace both a Cuisanart unit and the older Mr. Coffee we had as a backup, which both died in rapid succession. So far, the machine has performed excellently, brewing coffee consistently and reliably. The one-year warranty where a defective unit will be replaced free of charge, assuming one has retained their receipt or other proof of purchase is also a nice touch.

Brew Performance
    This coffeemaker brews a good cup of coffee, and does so fairly quickly.

Although figuring out all the programming functions may take a little while, even with the help of the manual, once one has that figured out, it is a fairly straight-forward coffeemaker to use.

This coffeemaker has an attractive appearance, and the controls are well-laid out, as well as the various components being easy to access. The timer letting one know how long it was since the coffee was brewed is also a nice touch.

However, I do have to deduct a couple points because of the steam vent located right on the top of the machine, as it makes it so that one has to pull it out from under the cupboards of any real height during the entire brewing process, not just filling it, lest one steam up the underside of that cupboard and heat up whatever may be inside of it.

• Brew Performance:

High Quality at a fair price

Comments about KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker:

I chose this coffee maker due to it's ability to brew and keep coffee hot. While it is pricier than lower end models, it will last more than several years - specifically it seems to have a quality heating element that lasts longer. The removable water tank is also an excellent feature for cleaning purposes.

Occasionally the cover pops open where you remove the coffee filter, seemingly for no reason from being bumped.

• Brew Performance:

I wanted to like this...I really did...but...

Good Coffee Maker

from Alhambra, CA

Comments about KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker:

The KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker can make one hell of a cup of coffee. Fourteen cups to be exact, although I hardly ever make that much. For its price, the Architect Coffee Maker might not seem like much. However, it does all of the things you could want and more from a coffee maker. The "set it and forget it" mode allows you to set the time at which you want your coffee to be brewed and begins the process automatically. This is extremely useful and time efficient if you are one of those people who doesn't have the time in the morning. One complaint I do have is that the coffee glass is easy to stain and not so easy to clean. Apart from that, this is a great coffee maker.

Traditional Coffee maker

Comments about KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker:

Very traditional and easy to use. I like that it is trimed in stainless. It also has settings to do a 4 cup brew if needed. We have used it to brew tea and that also turns out well.

Brew Performance
    It brews well but it could brew faster.

The lid comes off carafe easily to clean. I put the coffee filter holder in the top rack of the dish washer to clean it.

super simple to just brew coffee add water, add coffee then press brew. It took a couple of times to set the clock though and had to use the manual to do it.

It has a basket so you dont have to use filters if you dont want to.

I have had the coffee maker for 2 months and use it about 2-3 times a week I havent any thing malfunction or break

So far, so good

from Andover, MA

Comments about KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker:

Seems well built, and we've had no performance or durability issues to this point (two months pretty much daily use).

Coffee's fine

Fairly typical

Filling the water tank is awkward--you either have to pull the machine away from the wall or remove the tank (which some have said eventually leads to leaks)

The fill opens the wrong way, i.e., hinges up so that the door is between you and the tank. Closing the filter door is also a bit touchy at times, although no real problem yet. My wife doesn't like the fact that you get rub marks on the carafe cover when you pull it out (due to the auto shut-off design).

Haven't really had it that long--not even two months; so our input here isn't particularly useful. On the other hand the fact that nothing's broken yet, is far more than we could say at this point about our last machine (a Cuisinart).

Great, High Quality Coffee Maker

from Chattanooga, TN

Comments about KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker:

This is a wonderful coffee maker for a very reasonable price. A very high quality product both energy efficient and works really well. It is so easy to use and clean that you will love how low maintenance it really is. Makes your home smell so good while it brews a pot of coffee. Makes an excellent, delicious cup of coffee for all you coffee connoisseurs. A must have for all coffee lovers who are on a budget. Makes a great gift for Christmas, birthdays, etc. Great for social gatherings like parties, holidays and game nights with your family and/or friends. Love the Kitchen Aid brand because it is so durable and lasts forever!

Kitchenaid coffemaker

from Paso Robles, CA

Comments about KitchenAid 14-Cup Architect Coffee Maker:

I love my kitchenaid coffe maker, it brews graet coffee, kitchenaid products are reliabl, well made, and i love the color choices they have to choose from, my coffee maker is red.

easy, fast brew

the coffeemaker has an indicastor light that goes on when it is time to clean it.

so easy to use, it has a separate water container that you can take out and fill up instead of having to pour the water in it.

Absolutely love the design and the color!

I would say its durable.