Other Food Processors:

KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Assembly:

Puree... SAUTE! Great food processor!

I was fortunate enough to get one of these at a great price from Kitchenaid. I spent about a month debating, reading, and researching for a great food processor. I kept coming back to this one as I love Kitchenaid products. This was worth the purchase with all it came with! The blades and the add on's came in their own storage box, so I don't have to shove them in a drawer and risk hurting the blades (or myself for that matter)! There is also a separate work bowl that can be nestled inside the larger normal processor bowl so you can actually do 2 things with it before having to clean out a bowl. I like that! I also like there the food feed area at the top is quite wide and that you can also make it not so wide by using the smaller feed "tube" at the top. (the food feed pusher comes apart to make 2 different widths.)

Power
It is powerful, but if you use the dough blade attachment and it is on low, it does seem to catch and stop. Not sure if this is a built in safety thing to save the machine from being ruined. Other than that, it does wonderfully!

It is pretty easy to clean, but at the top where you would feed the food items through, there is a metal piece that locks into the food processor bowl, and it is a little annoying to clean and dry, there are parts that you can not dry if water gets in them, but overall it is not too bad.

The parts are well made, has a nice heaviness (thickness) about them. I hope the buttons themselves do not wear out, and that they last awhile.

So disappointed...

I was so excited to purchase this machine and have been so heartbroken (strong word, I know) by its performance thus far. The second time I used the machine, while slicing food for a large gathering, something went wrong, the machine stopped slicing and the slicing blade is now stuck on its post. The machine now cannot be used for slicing or grating. I hope Kitchenaide's customer service comes through, but as of yet I cannot reccomend this product as it cannot perform simple tasks it is designed to handle.

Power
The grinding and pureeing is wonderful.

Ease of Assembly
The slicing and grating blades are difficult to install, even while the machine was working.

It broke the second time that I used it, I am not sure what else I can say.

AWESOME! What a time saver!

Comments about KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System:

This food processor is a time saver, easy to use, quiet, a multi-tasking marvel!

Power
Gets the job done quickly & efficiently!

Safety
Extra large, top loading shute makes safety a priority. Blades efficient chopping makes it effortless, as far as having to put fingers near them.

Ease of Assembly
Everything "clicks" together, no problem!

All attachments easily detach for easy cleaning!

This is a solid, heavy duty food processor, works great for prepping & making many things!

Glad that I own this!

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System:

I was given this as a christmas gift. It has made my life a lot easier in the kitchen. It preps food wonderfully. It is also great for pureeing soups. I also use it a lot to make my own pesto, salsa, gaucamole, ect. I cannot imagine not having it. It is easy to clean also.

Blending up great food

from Emmaus, PA

Comments about KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System:

I've begun to try and lead a healthier lifestyle and steer clear of processed foods. This product has enabled me to make that happen. It works great for blending up nut butters and chopping up vegetables for things like salsa and sauces. While it's a great product I feel it is a little on the pricier end.

So disappointed...

from Pittsburgh, PA

Power
The grinding and pureeing is wonderful.

Ease of Assembly

It broke the second time that I used it, I am not sure what else I can say.

• Ease of Assembly:

this is THE food processor to own

from Sweet Home, OR

Comments about KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System:

I was hesitant about purchasing a food processor. I feared it would sit in my kitchen cabinets, surrounded by the waffle maker, the bread machine, and the other appliances I never use. I was wrong. This food processor was a gift, and I actually asked for in anticipation of making homemade baby food. While it's great for the baby food, it also does sooo much more. It's easy to clean, so I pull it out whenever I'm chopping or slicing more than one vegetable. I use it to make pie crust and to puree dips. Basically, it does whatever I ask it to. The one drawback might be that it's really big, but that's also part of the appeal; the size allows you to make just about anything.

Ease of Assembly
It takes a few tries to get used to assembling, but after that it's easy.

• Ease of Assembly:

Puree... SAUTE! Great food processor!

from Joliet, IL

• Ease of Assembly:

A necessary item for any and every home cook

from Merced, CA

Comments about KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System:

Does a fabulous job of cutting prep time in half on so many kitchen tasks. I can have things sliced, grated, or chopped in a matter of seconds!

Power
Can handle a big job and do it right!

Safety
It can be pretty scary having blades whipping around at high speeds, but KitchenAid does a fantastic job of keeping my fingers safe. Everything locks together and keeps the processor from becoming any kind of kitchen nightmare.

Ease of Assembly
It takes a second to get used to the swing of things, but everything fits neatly in a box. It slides together easily without leaving you feeling frustrated or confused.

Dishwasher safe!

Can handle big things in a big way.

FANTASTIC

from Pueblo, CO

Comments about KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System:

Amazingly fast., easy to change attachments. The only thing I do not like it making crepe batter, it leaks when i lift the bowl off.

Power
I make pizza dough all the time and it is able to mix the dough with no power slugging.

Safety
Will not turn on if your bowl in not locked in. Great safety feature because I always forget to do this.

Ease of Assembly
Switching out blades is extremely easy.

Some nooks around the middle spindle make it a little hard to clean and the rim around the lid is sometimes uneasy to get a brush into it. (at least the brushes I have, a thin, smaller one would be best.

I have had mine for a few years now and still going as the first day I purchased.

A very good product

from New York, NY

Comments about KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System:

very well made machine - powerful motor - great design and the size is just right - not too large nor small and fairly easy to clean - i use this to make sauces and dips mostly for larger gatherings and is a real time saver - all in all a great purchase.

Pretty2LookAt Pain2Use

from Laurel, MD

Comments about KitchenAid 13-Cup Food Processor with ExactSlice System:

IF you are looking for a Great Food Processor, THIS is the one. My husband bought it for me for Thanksgiving since we were having 30 people over for dinner. HE LOVES it. I'm old fashioned, I like to chop my own veggies & blend & chop by hand, so for me having to drag out the very heavy machine & put all the parts to gether is a royal pain. But hubby LOVES it, says it works great & does all they say it does.

Royal pain to "build" it Just to use

It's KitchenAid, nothing more need to be said