3.5
Kirkland Signature
Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap

Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap

3.5

Kirkland dish soap cleans dishes very well

**Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap **is a great cleaning product ! I use it to clean my dishes, pots and pans and it works very well . It is very effective in easily cutting through tough grease, oil and grimy dishes. A little bit of it on the scrubber works up a rich lather on the dishes and when you rinse it off you are left with sparkling clean dishes. Kirkland's dish soap is also an eco friendly product , it states that it is made of plant based products , so no harmful chemicals in it. It is gentle on the hands and I have never had any irritation while using this product. One container of this liquid soap lasts for more than 2 months , and instead of buying cheaper alternatives and refilling them ever so often, one of Kirklands Liquid dish soap is all I prefer to buy. Considering how long it lasts, it is definitely a budget friendly alternative . Overall , this is a very reasonably priced product and works very well in cleaning dishes!****

Bad for you, bad for the environment!

I'm really disappointed with Cosco! I re-use my dishwater to water my vegetable garden (we are in a severe drought situation in California), so am particularly concerned about the ingredients in the dish soap. After buying this soap, I looked at the ingredients, which were chemicals I've been avoiding in my shampoo for years! The Environmental Working Group gives this soap an "F" - its lowest possible grade! I'm returning the soap to Cosco, and filling out a comment card with them – bad work, Cosco - I'll shop elsewhere for dish soap!

Weak on grease

from San Francisco, CA

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Weak Function

• Home

Comments about Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap:

The large size bottle was impressive and I figured why not. However, I found that I was using more than usual to cut the grease and greasiness on reusable plastic storage containers. Works fine on just normal dish washing, but not on grease. The large bottle lasted a long, long time and finally used the last of it. I will be going back to Dawn, which is a little more expensive, but at least I know that it will work on grease.

Change on quality - no longer good product

from New York

About Me Meticulous Cleaner

Pros

• Easy to Use

Cons

• Dries Up My Hands

Comments about Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap:

This products was always on my shopping cart every month. It used to be a great product with a gentle aroma and never dried my hands.
    Now the soap quality had changed. My hands are dry every time I do the dishes and it has no fragrance.
    No longer on my shopping list.

Bad for you, bad for the environment!

Comments about Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap:

As good as Dawn with less damage to your hands

Comments about Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap:

Washes dishes as well or better than Dawn but my hands are not as dried and cracked as they were when I used Dawn. Also much less expensive than Dawn. The large size container is also environmentally friendly as it means fewer trips to the store to stock up.

A pretty good dishsoap that I would use again!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap:

This dishsoap works well and cleans the junk off of dishes, pots and pans. I find that this product gets things clean. I would use this again. I like the size of the bottle. It lasts along time, so I'm not having to worry about picking some up at the grocery store when I go. It's a decent price and you get a lot for your money. It suds up well and the scent of the dish soap is good. Things smell fresh and clean. I guess the only thing is that I don't necessary like this anymore than I like other dish soap products. I don't find it to clean much better than other dish soaps out there. I also find this to clog up in the cap sometimes also, but I've had the same problem with other dish soaps and I think the bigger bottle could cause this more. Just because it has more of a chance to set on there. I would buy this again though. It was a good product to have on hand at a good price. I like that it is environmentally friendly also.

Does what it's supposed to.

from Voorhees, NJ

Comments about Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap:

Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Dish Soap is a good basic dish soap. We use a dishwasher for most of our dishes but wash some large or non dishwasher safe items. This soap gets the job done quickly and easily. A little seems to go a long way and the extra large bottle means I don't have to worry about buying dish soap that often. The bottle is ridiculously big so you'll want to refill a regular sized empty bottle with this. You definitely won't want to have this bottle on your sink, or have to pick it up every time you need a squirt of soap. In spite of its effectiveness, I am only rating this product a 7 because of the seemingly unsubstantiated "environmentally friendly" labeling. No where is it specified exactly what that means. I have a feeling that this is just a bunch of green washing, a common problem nowadays. If the label was backed up with some evidence that it really is environmentally friendly, I would change my rating to a 10.

We have been using the same bottle for two years now.

Comments about Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap:

We bought this product initially because it was such a good price. I mean, I like to see that a product is environmental-friendly and everything, but that really is a secondary concern at this time. I'm sure some of you can relate.

The good news: the product has worked great. It cuts grease and saves scrub time. We may not be overly particular, but this dish soap seems to clean as anything else we've used. As an added bonus, since it is environmentally-friendly, we have been able to take it camping with us in a travel bottle.

The bad news: the soap tends to clump pretty easily in the spout, and that creates pouring issues. We resolved this problem by continuing to use our travel-size bottle that we simply fill with the larger bottle. The only other potential downside is that it doesn't have a fun aromatic fragrance like other dish soaps.

Overall, the product is great and inexpensive, but the packaging isn't so great, and the fragrance is very mild.

Eh, I can take or leave this dish soap.

from Hugo, CO

Comments about Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap:

This dish soap does not really impress me. I have trouble getting it to suds up a great deal. Once I am done washing my dishes it feels as if there is still a film on it. I really would not recommend this dish soap to anyone. If you have to wash your dishes and this is all you have then it will do a good enough job for you where you feel that you could eat off of them again.

Disappointment in added fragrance

Comments about Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap:

I bought this product because I had hoped to get away from the chemical fragrances in most dish soaps. As a chemically sensitive person, all I smell is bug spray when I use this soap. I find this fragrance highly irritating. I do not understand how this fragrance can be "natural" at all since it affects me just like many of the known chemical fragrance compounds do. Why even have a fragrance? And yes you use more but to achieve clean living one has to be willing to make sacrifices and I am.

Quality, value, nice fragrance and (hopefully) eco-friendly.

Comments about Kirkland Signature Environmentally Friendly Liquid Dish Soap:

This dish soap works very well and a bottle lasts a looong time. It also has a light, pleasant fragrance that's not overbearing or "chemically" in the way many major name brands are. If Kirkland's claim that it's "environmentally friendly" is actually true (a lot of manufacturer claims of this sort are bogus), then to me this is the perfect dish soap. I love it.