1.7
Kirkland Signature
Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus

Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus

1.7

tasty, 0 calories, sugar free, and low sodium.

I normally do not like Green Tea when it is mixed with things such as citrus, but I really do like this kind. I buy the big packs of this kind and between me and my two roommates, it is gone by the end of the week. I like how it is diet so I do not feel bad for drinking it, and with it being sugar free and low sodium, it makes me feel even better about this drink. The only reason I am not rating it a 10 is because of the fact it has such a strong citrus taste it takes the green tea taste away a little.

Why did they ruin a good thing?

I loved this tea and found it flavorful and refreshing in my past several years of drinking it. Now that it has a "New & Improved Refreshing Taste," it is just the opposite! Before, I could actually savor the green tea flavor, with just a hint of sweetness and citrus. Now, I can barely detect the tea flavor amidst the overly sweet, overpowering citrus flavors. It is also no longer refreshing, as the strong sweet and citrus flavors consistently leave an unpleasant, bitter aftertaste. Unfortunately, I will be returning the whole case for a refund and switch to Lipton, which is still not as good as the old Kirkland, but it is at least less distasteful than the new. Beware when a product says, "New and Improved." because it only improves the manufacturer's bottom line by compromising the formerly better, more costly ingredients. Also, after purified water, the second ingredient in the new Kirkland product is citric acid, which is about the only thing that I am aware of drinking. Such a shame they ruined a nice product!

BLAH

from Chicago, IL

Pros

Cons

• Bad Flavor

• Revenge Gift

Comments about Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus:

This is the worse green tea I have ever tasted. It is terrible from the first taste to the after taste. If this is the New & Improved Taste, I'd really hate to find out how the original was.

Agree with others, this product has gone south

from houston, tx

About Me Value Oriented

Pros

• Zero Calories

Cons

• Bad Flavor
    • Terrible After Taste

Comments about Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus:

My wife and I bought this for years. The last two cases I bought have tasted like they were stored in sunlight for a few months b/c the aftertaste is nasty. That never used to be the case before. I can't believe they changed this. We will never buy it again. And to think we actually used to recommend it. I hope you read this Kirklands. Your customers noticed a major quality difference.

In fact, the only reason I found this site was because I was searching to see if this product had gone bad and was a health hazard. It tastes THAT bad.

IT TASTES LIKE LEMON PLEDGE

Comments about Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus:

I picked up this drink looking for something refreshing on this humid July day. I did NOT expect to taste the citrus flavored acid this drink is made of. I LOVE green tea. I've never met a green tea I didn't like. I even love that iced thai green tea that looks something like alien spooge. But this is one of the worst things I've ever poured down my gullet. And I thought "hey maybe it'll get better as I drink it," I WAS WRONG. It just got worse and worse. If you have ever wanted to drink lemon pledge but were afraid of dying, this is the beverage for you.

New taste is horrible

Comments about Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus:

I have been drinking this product for years, I liked it much better than Lipton. The last case I bought tastes horrible. It has an aftertaste like grass, or hay, or something like that. It really is unpleasant. I tried 2 bottles out of the case and I will be returning it. Hope they go back to the old formula.

tasty, 0 calories, sugar free, and low sodium.

Comments about Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus:

Why did they ruin a good thing?

Not worth the money

Comments about Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus:

As someone who tries to watch what she eats, Kirdkland Diet Green Tea seems to be the way to go. I planned to drink this occasionally since I understand that there are some things inside of "Diet" consumables that are not that healthy. However, my first sip made me dread it... and we just bought a whole case from Costco! Ugh, I was turned towards green tea with citrus due to Lipton's version. I assumed that this would taste at least a little similar, but it tasted.. odd.

It left a very rough tongue and a sour aftertaste after ever sip. I didn't even want to open another bottle but I know it can't go to waste. In the end my mother had to give some away to people because it taste like.. water, with a little bit of green tea + citrus sweetness and a bad aftertaste. Not to mention that the bottle is extremely weak, so taking it outside creates a bad and loud wrinkly sound.

It has too much chemicals and unknown ingredients for my liking; I felt weird drinking it. Don't waste your money!

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus:

I use to buy this tea all the time. The last batch I bought this month, September, did not taste so good. I thought it was poisoning until I read that others had the same taste. What happened? It is sweet with a weird unpleasant after taste. I am not buying this again.

Love it.

Comments about Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus:

I really like this product especially on a hot Summer day. it is really refreshing. I buy it all the time, can't keep it in the house. It does have "fake sugar" which may make you crave actually sugar. Not sure how healthy it is but it does quench the thirst.

Taste Changed for the worse

Comments about Kirkland Signature Diet Green Tea with Citrus:

Purchased this product for a long time as it was priced right and had a great taste. After my last purchased I found the taste to be off. Then I noticed "new and improved" taste on the case and label. I like many other disagree with the recipe change. The new recipe has a bad aftertaste and I don't expect this product to sell much if they continue with this formula.