Other Vacuums:

Kirby Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

The Kirby G6 can tackle pretty much anything!

I love, love, love my Kirby G6 vacuum cleaner!  I really enjoy the fact that I can use it to vacuum in every room of my house, including the kitchen with the wood floors and the bathrooms with the tile.  It's great to experience the amazing suction that the Kirby G6 possesses.   When I can see it grabbing at the carpet, really getting out the dirt in between the fibers, I know that I have found a superior vacuum.

It does take a bit of practice to learn how to put on the attachments, but it's like riding a bike.  Once you know how to swap out the attachments, you won't forget - and the attachments are great!  You can use the suction blower to blow up your air mattress, the crevice tool brush for getting into those hard to reach spots, and the wall and ceiling brush to get the cobwebs down.

Some people have said it's hard to find replacement bags, but I just go to my local vacuum cleaner store and they have them readily available.  You can always order bags online if need be.

Not my favorite

Although there are many things I don't like about this vaccuum, it does, in the end, do what it is supposed to, which is suck up stuff

I...Read complete review

Maneuverability
I find my kirby very hard to maneuver. It is heavy and awkward. Recently one of the controls broke so now the only time I can really push the vaccumm (with ease) is when it is on. So, if I am moving from room to room or just putting it away, I have to pick it up (remember it is heavy) and carry it to avoid it messing up my floors. Or I have to keep it turned on until I get it right where I need it.

Ease of Maintenance
It's easy to maintain. You change the bags when necessary and occasionaly check for debris that needs to be removed from the bottom

Suction Performance
Although I am not a fan of of some other aspects of this vaccuum, I cannot deny that it definitely sucks up the dirt as it should. I use the regular carpet attachment and the hardwood floor attachment and both have good suction

Versatility
As I mentioned above I use both the carpet attachment and the hardwood floor attachment. I do this, only, because I have to in order to really clean my home. If I could avoid having to change out the attachments I would. If I could pay someone to do it for me, I would! They are a pain. The difficuly lies mainly with the regular carpet attachment. There are so many things to turn and twist and it has be on there just right or the entire vaccuum will not function. Not pleased with this feature at all.

Design to me encompasses the versatility and maneuverability. Both of which I rated poor.

I have had one piece break on me (as mentioned above). It was a pretty important piece. However the vaccuum still works without it.

wonderful for my allergies

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

We purchased our Kirby about a month ago and have really noticed a difference in our allergy symptoms. Although I’m still taking an allergy tablet every day, I’ve found that I’m not taking an extra one during the day. I’ve had fewer headaches and I haven’t used eyedrops in more than a week.

The vacuum picks up dog hair very well. I’ve noticed that the machine doesn’t have to be on top of the hair before it picks it up which makes it very convenient along the walls and in corners.

The attachments are very easy to use. A simple twist and it’s on or off. The machine is easy to raise or lower according to the height of the carpet or to move the machine over the cord. The shampoo part works very well. I was surprised that in less than two hours, the carpet was no longer wet. My sister though we had gotten new carpet when she came over because it was so clean.

Maneuverability
the machine is heavier than the Dyson I replaced it with but I find the KIrby easier to manuvuer. The raise and lower lever works much easier on the Kirby

Ease of Maintenance
the bag is very easy to change

Suction Performance
When lowered properly, the suction is great. The vacuum seems to cut down the amount of time I spend cleaning and I think it's due to the suction power

Versatility
works on both my carpeted areas and the tiled

seems great so far

Good Vacuum

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

Runs great, very powerful and the hoses make cleaning above cabinets or window treatments easy.

Maneuverability
It gets around pretty good. When just vacuuming however it is really heavy so carrying it up steps or to the car can be difficult.

Ease of Maintenance
Changing the bag or belt is supper easy, and I've had it for years and only replaced one belt and it came with two extras.

Suction Performance
I've always vacuumed hard floors on occasion because the brushes do a good job of cleaning. In my old place I had linoleum in the kitchen and this thing had so much power that it would pull it up from the floor in the middle of the room... almost too much power. on carpet if you don't have the self propelled transmission engaged you can't move it because it has so much power.

Versatility
I got it with a carpet cleaner and all the regular attachments, including a spray painter. It's pretty handy, though I kept the hose from my old vacuum for the extra length so I can leave the vacuum in the center of the room and vacuum all the corners in the room.

Aside from the weight and what happens to the bag when you detach the handle this thing is designed great. I mean it comes with a second handle for easier transportation, and the way belts are changed is so much simpler than any vacuum I've ever used.

These things last forever my mom, one grandma and step mom have gen 4s and still going strong.

• Versatility:

This vacuum sucks. Like a champ.

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I purchased one about 6 months ago, and have to say that for being as seemingly underpowered as it is on the label, it's a monster when it comes to performance. It easily outperforms all but the most expensive models you would buy in a store.

The only downfall is how Kirbys are sold. I don't like the door-to-door sales model, because the feeling is the salesperson wants to oversell you on the whole kit. Sorry bro, I just want a vacuum that will last me for a few years. Because of this, I give it an overall 9.

Maneuverability
It's easy to get it under furniture and to do edge cleaning under reclining furniture.

Ease of Maintenance
User-replaceable parts are easily accessible, and repair shops are in pretty much every city across the US with a population of more than 15,000.

Suction Performance
It warns you not to put the hose up to your eye.

Need I say more?

If I do, this is the vacuum you buy when you want to become a pirate for the rest of your life.

Versatility
If there's an attachment you can think of, it probably exists for this vacuum cleaner.

Just like the models before it.

Well, Kirby isn't going to win any design awards when you compare their stuff to machines from Dyson and the Asian brands. While I'm not a fan of the 1970's retro styling, I can't say it's the ugliest thing I've seen.

But it works. That's the important part.

Lifetime rebuild? Yes please.

High resell value? Sure, why not.

• Versatility:

greatest thing ever created.

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I have had this vacuum for 4 years now. not once has it done me wrong. i would have never known about this brand if i didn't answer my door to have a demonstration done and what power it could really do.

Maneuverability
The kirby is kinda on the heavy side but it has lots of attachments to get into every little place.

Ease of Maintenance
It took ne a bit to understand how to use all of the attachments. but after reading watching the dvd and having a person demonstrate its magic now i am a pro.

Suction Performance
Have never had a problem with the suction and or hose.

Love the look just not how heavy it is.

This kirby is durable. reason i say that is because it has never broken yet or have had any problems unlike before i got it i went threw at least one to two vacuums a year. That can get expensive if you look at it. and with the product you can set up a payment arangment to fit your needs and if you pay on time and pay it off then your credit score could possibly get a little higher.

• Versatility:

I would definitely purchase this Kirby.

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I bought a G4 Kirby from a door to door salesman 19 years ago and it's still working great.
If there's ever a need to replace it I would get the G6. The appearance of these 2 machines is the same as well as most of the features. The G6 offers a bit more power and suction than the G4 model I currently have. Also, the shampoo attachment is interchangeable and I wouldn't want to be without it! This shampooer doesn't shoot water down into the padding of the carpet rather it gently cleans the surface. I don't want water in the padding because if it doesn't all get sucked back out it festers down there and grows mold! The Kirby cleans the dirt out of the padding well enough so all that is needed is to wash the surface.
I was skeptical 19 years ago when told this vacuum would last over 20 years and I wouldn't need to have a "professional" company come in to our home and clean the carpets....I'm now convinced and highly recommend a Kirby.
I believe it's worth mentioning that I take very good care of our machine which I know has helped it to perform well for so long. I clean out the power head every 2 months, change the belt, and do not vacuum anything wet or soggy with it. I have replaced the brush roll 3 times in 19 years. I think of it like a car, it needs maintenance to keep going well.
And one more thing, I appreciate the extra long cord which allows a great distance to be covered without moving from outlet to outlet.

Ease of Maintenance
It does take a bit of effort to maintain a Kirby, but anything worth having most times does.

Best I've ever seen.

Versatility
Easy to convert to a canister type machine and clean anything anywhere with the many attachments available.

Kirby Girl

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I've had Kirbys for years. The first one my family bought eons and eons ago. They are heavy as heck and take up quite a bit of room but heck, if that Kirby don't last you, nothing will. As in seriously, Kirbys last FOREVER. My family still has the one from back in the day and we bought that when I was a little kid. Funny thing is it still works. Only problem with it is that the model is actually discontinued. But it sucks up everything and is amazing.

Now this Kirby isn't as huge or as heavy...and I bought it for myself for my own family. But I have the same expectations for it as the old Kirby my family bought. It still has amazing suction and I've had it for quite a while. Unlike other vacuums I see, this picks up everything: dog hair, cat hair, human hair, and everything else yucky that gets in carpet. Bonus? Not as heavy as old Kirby. For anyone looking to invest in a great company, take it from this Kirby girl - Kirbys rock!

• Versatility:

The best vacuum on the market

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I would recommend the machine to anyone.

Maneuverability
I still don't understand how the transmission works, but it does. It does the work for you.

Ease of Maintenance
I have replaced a lot of parts on our Kirby over the last 18 years. I can take it apart in my sleep. Parts are very easy to find.

Suction Performance
I have a 110 lb yellow lab mix and a 80 lb black lab. Needless to say we have a lot of dog hair. The Kirby is the only vacuum that can keep up.

Our Kirby has seen both coasts. It goes out to the garage to vacuum the cars. It gets banged around a lot. But, it can take it.

Well Worth the cost

from Gilbert, AZ

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I will be the first to admit that a Kirby is really really expensive. And I did not want to make the investment in the Kirby g6. But my husband thought is was a great. A hum and that we would get it. Now I am glad that we bought it and have never regretted theo ey we spent on it.

Maneuverability
The drive feature makes maneuvering this rather heavy vacuum effortless. I thought it was goin to be difficult to push and turn but once the drive is engaged it moves more easily than much lighter model but is also much more durable since it is made of solid metal and not cheap plastic

Ease of Maintenance
In the 15 years that we have owner the g6 we have never had to do more than replace the bag and rotate the beater bar once. It has worked on even the toughest dog hair from our german Shepard.

Suction Performance
It works better than any other vacuum we ever owned. We had a huge German Shepard when we bought it and it picked up his dog hair very well. And we even found that one of the attachments was great for vacuuming loose hair off of the dog. He was not too happy about it the first time but after a few minutes he seemed to enjoy it and never got upset when it was time
To get cleaned up!

Versatility
We have used this machine as a vacuum, to inflate pool toys, as a carpet cleaner, to vacuum the dog and much more. I have never seem another vacuum that has as many attachments and variations. And even though it was an expensive unit it was worth it to get all of the extra features in the original purchase price.

15 years plus and still works perfectly

• Versatility:

Great, super durable love it. Worth the money!

from North Branch, MI

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I am amazed how this thing held up. We have a working farm with 5 kids and indoor dogs. Held up when 2 other vacuum cleaners failed. Great suction, has lasted for years. Worth every penny.

Maneuverability
Easy to maneuver. My 8 year old can vacuum with it easily.

Ease of Maintenance
Occasionally had to replace a belt, but it was not that hard.

Suction Performance
Impressive. Pick up everything big and super small.

Versatility
Tons of attachments, this vacuum can do anything!

Great high quality. Will last for years.

I can't believe how this thing held up to farm life with 5 kids, the amount of mud and wood chips this thing has picked up is unbelievable. Not to mention pet hair and fuzz from new carpets. Highly recommend.

• Versatility:

OMG I WILL NEVER BE WITHOUT A KIRBY AGAIN!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Kirby Vacuum:

I had a Kirby that I did everything from blo the leaves on my sidewalk to shampoo my carpets to paint my walls. I must say after 20 yrs of marriage that was the only thing I really fought for! Somehow he ended up getting it back from one of my daughter's that had borrowed it and he never returned it. I have never missed one piece of equipment so much! I got another one now and I will NEVER be without it again. No other vacuum compares to the Kirby's suction or just overall usefulness. I love it more now than ever! It might not be as compact as some of the newer Dyson's or other's, but some things are better the way they were built initially. Durable and solid.. Let me see some of the other vacuums shampoo and floor after vacuuming it, then use it to paint your walls then to the garage to blow dry the dirt out of crevices and everything else.

OMG! Unbelievable

Versatility
This is my new partner in life! LOL