4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

This is the BEST vacuum I have ever owned!!

When we bought our Kirby, our old vacuum had just died on us! We had purchased at least 6 vacuums in the past 6 years, so we were excited to have a vacuum that had a lifetime warranty! 4 years later, our kirby still works like brand new!! The Kirby company even came out to our home to clean our vacuum and service it for us and we didn't have to go anywhere or be out of a vacuum cleaner! This is by far the best vacuum we have ever owned! It has a drive and neutral gear that makes pushing it a breeze, even my 7 year old uses it with ease! It has different levels of how close to the carpet it can go and so vacuuming our hardwood floors is great without scratching them at all!! Yes it is a rather expensive investment, but I must say, that it has paid for itself in the time we have had it and I am confident that if it does ever break down, Kirby will give us a replacement vacuum while repairing ours and if it is irreparable, they will replace it all together without us having to pay for it !!

Kirby Diamond Edition Vacuum is not worth the money.

This is the third Kirby Vacuum I have owned. Each time I needed a new vacuum, I have purchased the latest model of Kirby. I have always been very impressed by the vacuums by Kirby that I have gotten in the past, and I liked the new features of the Diamond Edition. There is a switch on the top along the side that reduces the suction power for using the vacuum on rugs, so it doesn't suck up the rug right in to the vacuum as previous models will do. This feature is probably what sold me on the new Diamond Edition, because I have several rugs, and always had a hard time trying to clean them. The other new feature is that this model does not "jump" across the carpet if you go against the grain, especially noticeable on berber. I found the new features to work well, and I was happy with them. The issue I have is the belt on the vacuum is constantly burning up, slipping off, and just in general did not seem to power the roller brush very well. I have changed the belt over and over, even bought some right from the local Kirby dealer, as well as ordered some from a Kirby dealer online, but none have fixed the issue. This vacuum was way too expensive to be having these issues. I want my old Kirby back! It is also incredibly heavy. But, it is built like a tank, and will hold up for a long time - if you are a lucky one that has a working roller brush.

Good vacuum

from Richmond VA

Comments about Kirby Ultimate G Diamond Edition Vacuum:

This isn't quite as good as some of those vacuums that cost twice or three times as much, but it is a good value for the price. It definitely exceeded my expectations when it came to pet hair! Our puggle sheds like crazy, and it's that stiff, short hair that can be so incredibly stubborn to clean up. This vacuum did a wonderful job of cleaning it up, even picking up the hairs that were somewhat embedded into the carpet.

Maneuverability
I had a little trouble getting this under furniture, so I had to move some things around. Other than that, it maneuvers pretty well and gets into tight corners nicely.

Ease of Maintenance
This vacuum is very easy to take care of.

Suction Performance
Anything that takes care of the ridiculous amount of dog hair our house can accumulate is a winner in my book!

Versatility
It's a pretty standard vacuum, so it isn't terribly versatile, but it takes care of what I need it to take care of.

It is a little clunky, but it is nice that it isn't too terribly big.

• Versatility:

Clean your floors like never before

Comments about Kirby Ultimate G Diamond Edition Vacuum:

I bought my Kirby about 8 years ago and it is by far the best vacuum I have ever had. It cleans so well. When I tried out the vacuum, we had recently moved in to a new home....so the carpets were less than a year old. I could not believe how much dirt the Kirby got out of those carpets. And I am someone who vacuums quite frequently. The way the Kirby cleans is unlike any other, I know that my carpets are 100% clean when I use this vacuum. Plus they offer a lifetime warranty, so you will not have to worry about this product not working. I've never had one problem in the 8+ years I've owned my Kirby. Plus it has tons of attachments to make cleaning stairs, hardwood floors, mattresses, furniture, ceiling fans a breeze.

Maneuverability
The Kirby is definitely a heavier vacuum, however they have a switch so when you vacuum it instantly becomes very lightweight. My kids even use the vacuum without any trouble.

Ease of Maintenance
The only maintenance we do is change out the vacuum bags occasionally.

Suction Performance
You can hear the Kirby working effectively. It has amazing suction.

Again, the Kirby offers a lifetime warranty. They stand behind their product, which is high quality. You will not have to worry about this vacuum not working, they promise it will be the last vacuum you will ever purchase. And after owning one myself for all these years, I believe that 100%!

• Versatility:

Heavy but deep cleaning vacuum

Comments about Kirby Ultimate G Diamond Edition Vacuum:

I've been using this Kirby vacuum for years now, and it still works just as good as it did when I first started using it. It is not the easiest vacuum to push around, however, and when I had wrist problems I couldn't vacuum without them hurting. Besides that, there isn't all that much to complain about. When the salesperson first demonstrated this vacuum, it was impressive to see how much dirt it vacuumed up from the carpet. I'm still not sure how much more dirt this vacuum sucks up than other carpet vacuums do though. Kirby sells this vacuum as a high quality vacuum because of it's high suction capabilities.

My favorite thing about this vaccuum is the hose attachment; the high suction capabilities really shine with the hose attachment. Because it is such a powerful vacuum, I really prefer using the hose attachment with this vaccuum for vacuuming hardwood or tile floors over the lighter, more easily maneuverable hardwood floor vacuums. The other vacuums simply do not suck up as much dirt as quickly. You know you'll be getting literally everything off the floor with the Kirby.

Maneuverability
Pretty clunky and heavy to move around easily.

Ease of Maintenance
When the Kirby does have a problem, it's not always easy to figure out.

Powerful suction capabilities.

Versatility
There are many different attachments that you can get for this vacuum, making it pretty versatile. In addition, you adjust the vacuum height for different carpet heights.

Seems to be lasting for a long while.

from Darlington, WI

Comments about Kirby Ultimate G Diamond Edition Vacuum:

This is a Wonderful product.I have a dog and 11 cats and it always gets all the pet hair cleaned up.As a matter of fact I lent this to my sister and had a hard time getting it back my nephew liked it so much.Plus it is guarateed for life.

Maneuverability
This moves around quite well it can be a little heavy for say an elderly person.

Ease of Maintenance
I have not had any problems with my kirby.As long as you change your bags and check your belt periododiclly it seems to run like a top.I just wipe off the dust once in awhile.

Suction Performance
This vacuum can keep my carpet free of animal hair what more can I say thats hard for most vacuums to do.For deep cleaning I haven't found anything better.

Versatility
This vacuum is very versatile it has attachments for everything as well as shampoos your carpet if you have this attachment.

The design is good sometimes a little bulky.A little hard to get under things as upright but you have your attachments.

Definately a well made Vacuum all durable materials nothing skimped on.

• Versatility:

Kirby's have to be the worst!

Comments about Kirby Ultimate G Diamond Edition Vacuum:

Sorry Kirby, you are way too heavy, awkward to maneuver....seem to want to go your own direction, and difficult to push when turned off! Overall this is not a product for daily use if you are older and you customer support in our area is extremely limited, and your bags are too expensive! Too bad I can't get my money back....I must seem to have thrown it in the trash! What happened, you guys use to be the best!

Maneuverability
Kirby goes its own way, unless you muscle the hell out of it!

• Versatility:

Kirby: Sturdy and long-lasting but with many limitations

Comments about Kirby Ultimate G Diamond Edition Vacuum:

The quality of suction is excellent. I haven't found any better, in fact. But, it's painfully heavy and clunky to use. If you're not in excellent shape, it may give you a heart attack, in fact, trying to hoist it from room to room. If you can find one used and in good condition, it's worth your time to check it out. But do not *ever* pay full price for one of these. You'll end up using it in one area of your home and store it in a closet nearby, for that area only. You won't use it on stairs, or up and down many levels. Unless you're Hercules.

Maneuverability
Here's a thought: why pay for health club membership when you could just buy a Kirby vacuum cleaner instead? No need to lift weights at the club! This vacuum is akin to using a boulder. Moving it from room to room requires heaving, hoisting and dragging the thing around. It's awesome heavy! And those slick ads that show how easily you can use them with the wand, for stairs? Not so much. You still have to drag the heavy canister body up the stairs as you go because the wand is attached to it!

Ease of Maintenance
Because the machine is well built - you don't have to guard against breakage or collapse. Just keep it clean and out of damp areas to prevent any rust (as with any metal) and it will probably outlive you. The biggest challenge: finding supplies for it. Vacuum cleaner bags, in particular, are difficult to find. When you start to run low, order them online or start searching for retail places that sell them because you won't find them at most supply stores.

Suction Performance
It does pick up very well. However the gadget you step on to raise and lower the height of the machine is touchy. It requires specific training to learn how to master this. If you don't do it right, the machine bounces on the rugs instead of glides.

Versatility
Although the machine's design is good, the weight of it circumvents any desire to use its attachments. It's just too difficult to lug it around so I end up using a different method to clean the stairs' carpeting. The only time I actually take it apart and adapt it is when I shampoo the rugs. It's a great little shampooer.

It's clunky, heavy to push, and difficult to modify it for the attachments. Plus, using the attachments normally requires that you have to turn it over, remove the bottom plate or bag and you end up with dust and dirt all over yourself in the process.

You can plan to include this machine in your will.

• Versatility:

I love our kirby because it is so easy to use and versatile.

from Port Lavaca, TX

Comments about Kirby Ultimate G Diamond Edition Vacuum:

I love our Kirby and would definitely recommend it! The only thing I could complain about it is that it is heavy but it has a drive mode for when it is turned on and a neutral mode for when it is off. It has a sensor so you know when the belt is turning or when it is being burned from being set too close to the floor. It comes with a little caddy of attachments, hose included, that is very easy to attach. You are also able to wet clean you floor and comes with that set up also.

Maneuverability
It can get a little hard to turn

Ease of Maintenance
Just the usual, pull out the hair that gets wrapped up in the rod.

No complaints

Versatility
Good for carpet, tile, vehicles, even wet cleaning!

It could have been designed to be a little better in corners

I have had no problems with ours

Kirby Ultimate G

from Columbia, SC

Comments about Kirby Ultimate G Diamond Edition Vacuum:

This vacuum is versatile and can also be used as a shampooer for carpets. We have even used it to vacuum our mattresses to get dust and dirt out.

Maneuverability
The vacuum is very heavy, which makes it hard to move across carpeted floors at times. I also have a hard time remembering which way to move the switch in the back, which allows the vacuum to move when it's turned off.

Versatility
I like that it has many different attachments. However, I find it difficult to add the hose attachment without getting the belt off track.

I can see our family using this vacuum for many years to come. This is the longest we have ever owned a vacuum without having any other problems.

• Versatility:

Works great, awfully expensive.

from Sand Springs, OK

Comments about Kirby Ultimate G Diamond Edition Vacuum:

Kirby vacuums have been used by mom for as long as I can remeber. When a Kirby saleman came to my house, I knew I would probably wind up buying one for my wife. We have had it for several years and it has performed well. It picks up dirt well, has a transmission which helps in pushing it around, and is very heavy duty. One negative is the weight of the vacuum. You don't want to carry it around much. Another negative is the price. They are expensive, but will last a long time. I would recommend it if you have the money to spend and want a long lasting, great working vacuum.

• Versatility:

It's a workhorse that always gets great suction in wide area.

from Spring Hill, FL

Comments about Kirby Ultimate G Diamond Edition Vacuum:

This is a great product that does the job thanks to a powerful motor and wide suction port for carpets, it handles floors with a wide wand and is light enough to carry and vacuum upstairs. It has other accecsories to handle all sorts of jobs.