3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

• Firmness:

Great bargain, but make sure of how soft you like your mattress.

I couldn't believe how soft both the mattress and the quilted top were on this bed. I would love to sleep on it without a sheet or mattress cover. However, this bed is not for people who like firm mattresses. It surrounds you like a feather bed, you literally sink into it. The boxspring, which comes in regular or thin sizes is really fantastic. It has more give in it so it really allows the bed to conform to your body. There are very few pressure points, if any at all. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of places that sell this mattress, so you will be unable to comparison shop. Our decision was between the Kingsdown or the Simmons World Class. We have had Simmons mattresses before and were impressed by the improvements over the years, but in the end, the Kingsdown was the better value.

Worst Mattress Ever

My wife and I bought our King size Kingsdown almost two years ago.  The first year was wonderful, very comfortable.  About 18 months after purchase, body impressions began to form along with a 'hump' in the middle.  The 'hump' is the only comfort spot left.  I feel horrible in the morning, my back hurts and hips ache.  Kingsdown claim is they guarantee their product BUT they have a very very stringent policy, to the point of ridiculous.  If any of the warranty bullets are compromised, the warranty is void.  For example, if you move, make sure you do not get on speck of dirt/stain on it...warranty voided.  DO NOT remove the tag, warranty voided.  ANY sagging needs more then 2'' sag, this is difficult to determine due to the 'plush' top.  Without any weight, you can not tell.  They will photograph the 'sag' and eyeball it with a ruler, they will NOT put weight on the mattress to determine the crap product they put out.  All in all, comfortable mattress for about a year however, I would save the disgusting amount they charge and treat yourself to a very nice vacation.

Kingsdown is junk!

Kingsdown went downhill really fast and it just don't last

Comments about Kingsdown Body System Mattress:

I purchased the Kingsdown mattress at Bauer's furniture, that was my first mistake. This was the second time I've had defective or poor quality merchandise from this store. Due to arthritis, I was very selective about the mattress not pressing on my sore hips. The Kingsdown appeared to provide comfort. Now, after just 3 1/2 years the sagging, which measured 3/4 inches, is causing great discomfort. I've added 2" memory foam and a down featherbed but it does not compensate for the collapse of the innersprings. I would recommend you select another mattress, DO NOT buy Kingsdown.

Comfort
Initially the bed provides comfort, however after just 31/2 years the sagging has destroyed the comfort. Not only my comfort but that of my partner who found the sagging unbearable. It's not comfortable when you have to seek out the edges of the bed to sleep.

Support
Once the springs start to collapse the support is gone.

Firmness
This mattress was purchased to not be extremely firm. So if you want firm this is not the best choice.

I exercised my right under the warranty to have it inspected. In the opinion the the mattress contractor sent by Kingsdown, the mattress was performing as intended. The 3/4 inch sag was perfectly fine under the warranty terms. The mattress has a 10 year warranty. If the sag is at 50% after 30% of the warranty period, that is defective to me. Alas, it was not to Kingsdown.

• Firmness:

The most perfect mattress I have ever slept on

Comments about Kingsdown Body System Mattress:

The Kingsdown Body System Mattress ensures each person's individual needs are met.. Based on computer analysis, each individua;'s body shape and contour is configured to result in a perfect match for support and comfort

Comfort
Your body does not move when another person enters or exits the bed. There is no rolling into each other. The center of the mattress will never be higher than the sides

Support
Each person is supported perfectly, head to toe

Don't waste the money.

from Mount Joy, PA

Comments about Kingsdown Body System Mattress:

This mattress cost me a fortune and my back is worse then ever before. Don't fall for the hype. It's not worth the money.

Comfort
I wake up every morning with a backache. Worst purchase ever.

Support
Mattress can't be flipped ever but needs to be turned every month or two.

Firmness
After only about a year this mattress started to sink where we sleep.

Kingsdown with Memory Foam is fine for some

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Kingsdown Body System Mattress:

While I sleep well on this mattress with a Memory Foam top, my husband does not. It burns him up although he admits it's comfortable—so long as he is not sleeping in a perspiration puddle. The memory foam is wonderful for my bursitis, but I'm afraid it's time in our house will be limited.

Kingsdown mattress hump in the middle

Comments about Kingsdown Body System Mattress:

After a very short while our mattress - the Kingsdown Celestial Still II started to form body indentations and a very noticeable hump in the middle. The hump in the middle is hard and impossible to roll over. The bed was very comfortable for the first 8 months and now only after a year and half it is the worst bed in the house. All the other beds are holding up well, (Sealy and Spring Air). As the mattress inspector measured the indentations in the middle of the afternoon, they did not meet the warranty replacement requirements. When I explained that the mattress was defective and he would need to lie on it to understand and feel the hump and realize that materials had shifted, he said "he was not allowed". Feel totally ripped off with our purchase and would recommend looking at another brand of mattress.

Comfort
Initially it was very comfortable, but soon started to break down.

Support
At this point I think that the coil system is fine, it is the top layers that are not holding up and causing the problem, but it could also be the coils in the middle that are not sleep on are okay and the ones where you sleep are compressing and not entirely rebounding.

medium firmess

10 year warranty, that they won't stand behind and after 1 year the mattress is no longer useable.

Best bed I have owned.

from Godfrey, IL

Comments about Kingsdown Body System Mattress:

This is the best bed I have owned.  I had a sleepnumber that developed several problems after 7 years.  I bought a kingsdown on clearance from Matress giant.  Glad I did.  I would recommend this bed to anyone.

So comfortable and soft, I'm very happy with the purchase!

from Morrisville, PA

Comments about Kingsdown Body System Mattress:

I purchased a pillowtop Kingsdowns mattress from my local Sleepy's store and I was very happy with both the purchase and the experience.  I was a little wary about going with a brand that I hadn't heard of, but I'm glad that I decided on Kingsdown.  Compared with the big name mattresses, Kingsdown provided much more for your money in both quality and warranty.  I was on a limited budget and this proved to be the perfect choice for me.  It is very soft and very comfortable.  The only draw back that I see is that because of the thickness of the mattress, some standard sheets are a little snug.  They still fit, but sometimes it's a struggle to get them on the bed.

It is excellent-firm on my back. it is super single though .

from Elmira, NY

Comments about Kingsdown Body System Mattress:

I am writing to tell you about the Kingsdown Super Single mattress. I have had back surgury and neeeded a mattress that would be firm,yet comfortable, I found it with the Kingsdown. I am not a rich man by any means and could not afford to buy a mattress every three or four years. I can say that I have got eleven years and still going strong with the Super Single model that I bought. Take my advise, no matter which size mattress you are in the market for,or if you are just tired of waking up sore and tired get a Kingsdown and you will not be sorry [ or sore].

Like sleeping on a cloud

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Kingsdown Body System Mattress:

I always thought someone with back problems should sleep on a firm mattress.  I used to wake up with pain in my back all the time.  When I was looking for a new mattress I checked out the Kingsdown and noticed how soft it was.  I was hesitant at first to purchase something so soft. This mattress is like sleeping on a cloud.  Very comfortable.  I can go to sleep at night and wake up in the same position when I wake up.  The only bad thing is that this mattress is very heavy so you can't move it by yourself

We love the mattress, it's so comfortable!

from Richmond, VA

Comments about Kingsdown Body System Mattress:

We got this mattress when we were first married, about a year and a half ago.  It's been such a good mattress.  My husband does have to help me make the bed(put clean sheets on the bed) because it's so heavy and thick!  We also had gotten a very good deal at the furniture store we purchased it at.  We will probably have it for years to come.  Definetly worth checking out!