Other Coffee Makers:
Keurig
Models:
B70, B 70
Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System

Summary

The Platinum Brewing System is Keurig's best single-cup brewing system for your home. This premium model offers discerning coffee drinkers the widest range of five cup size options for brewing. The Platinum offers the full spectrum of features including Auto On/Off, Digital Clock, Adjustable Temperature Control and the "Set Your Favorite Cup Size" option. The largest available 60 oz. removable water reservoir holds up to ten cups before refilling and the removable drip tray allows for easy cleaning and the use of travel mugs. The sleek, award-winning design is a unique footprint among Keurig's line of home brewing systems and includes both a blue lit water reservoir and blue lit LCD display. At initial set up, once the machine is filled with water, it will take approximately 4-minutes for the water will be heated. During the heating period the red light next to ‘HEATING’ on the LED Control Center will become illuminated. Once the water is heated, the red light will turn off and the Small Mug Button will flash. Press the Small Mug Button to start a cleansing brew. Pour the hot water into the sink. The Brewer may take 15 seconds to reheat water between brews during which time the red light next to ‘HEATING’ on the LED Control Center may be illuminated. When the water has heated, the red light will turn off. The one-time set-up process is now complete and you are ready to brew!

Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

The Keurig coffee system is the cream of my morning routine!

I love my Keurig Premium Coffee System B70! I never would have purchased this for myself, I think it is out of my budget for a coffee maker. But since I was given this (thank you very much) I was very excited to try it out. Being practical and let's say, frugal, I was skeptical that this would work as good as it looks.  It is quite fancy looking with it's blue back-lights and sleek, shiny design. A little out of place in my humble kitchen, it definitely makes my Black n Decker, cup-at-a-time envious!  Since I rarely entertain (guests, that is), I always use a cup at a time maker. I have a large Krups I use at holidays. This Kuerig will be fine for that now too, as it works very quickly and it will be nice to be able to make a cup of decaf or flavored coffee for whoever wants it.

The Keurig B70 works with K-cups, (little cups filled with coffee)that fit into a holster. Then hot water is forced through two holes made when closing the lever into a cup of your choice.  The Keurig is fully programmable and easy to do so. I was able to set the time, the turn on and off time and the cup size with ease.  The Keurig is also very easy to use. You pop a K-cup into the holster, pull the lid down and press a button. Really can't get much simpler than that. When your done, just take out the K-cup and toss it.

Wen I wake up, my Keurig B70 is ready to go!  I  get up early with a baby and need that smile on my face. I am not typically "bright eyed and bushy tailed" and having a hot, strong cup of coffee helps me fake it till I make it.  The machine also turns itself off after a set time that you determine.

My Keurig came with several types of coffee and I found them all ok. Some were better than others, as I like a bold, smooth flavor, and some were too weak and some a bit strong without the flavor. But that is subjective to an individuals tastes and I am sure after some experimentation, most people would find a coffee they like in this machine.  The teas that came with this were much too weak for me, but I like a really strong cup. I will stick with my steeping tea bags for tea.

The Keurig is very easy to set up, very easy to use, nice to look at, and convenient. Let's talk about that now. The use of the K-cups is very convenient, clean and easy. There is a variety of coffees to choose from, so everyone can have their coffee just how they like it. But it is also expensive and wasteful. Buying individual cups makes drinking coffee that much more expensive and the K-cups can not be recycled or composted. I will buy a K-cup filter for my machine so I can save money and feel good about not adding to my garbage.

I

The Keurig makes weak, under-brewed coffee.

The Keuring Platinum coffee maker does not measure up. I have tried the coffee at various business establishments that use these for their clients and have been disappointed with the coffee. I thought perhaps the settings were wrong or that the machines were not properly cleaned or maintained.

My wife purchased a Keurig Platinum brewer for me for Christmas. Being a fan of Green Mountain coffee, which is included with the samples, I was excited to give it a whirl. I followed the instructions exactly, filled the reservoir with filtered water and tried my first cup. I was surprised how quickly the machine was "ready to brew". Almost immediately I knew something was wrong. Good coffee has a deep, rich fragrance while it is brewing. This did not.

My first cup, was brewed on the "large" cup setting, was horribly weak. I dumped that out and tried a smaller cup setting with a different variety of coffee. Same weak, under-brewed taste. I tried increasing the temperature, trying a bolder variety, using my own freshly ground beans, etc, to no avail. My wife tried it on her own the next day; same results.

If you have ever spent time in Europe (I've spent much time in France), many coffee makers are of the single cup variety. However, the coffee that is used in these machines are generally very finely ground, dark varieties such as espresso or French Roast. American-style coffee tends to be a milder, coarser grind and needs to brew longer, allowing the water more time to pass over the coffee, releasing the oils and flavor.

Keurig has a great idea with the single cup. However, it cannot overcome the basic physics involved with making good American-style coffee. The other problem is the K-Cups- let's face it, the coffee is not fresh. Nothing can replace freshly ground beans.

Life is too short for bad coffee. We are returning our Keurig and going back to our Cuisinart and freshly ground 8-O'Clock coffee beans.

Good little brewer

Comments about Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

This is the first Keurig I've owned. We have had it about a year. My hubby makes coffee and other k cup drinks, which work well. He has used it for cold iced kcups as well as hot. I use it to get hot water for tea. We have had to do the vinegar cleansing once and after that, it functioned good as new.

• Brew Performance:

Great convenient coffee maker!

Comments about Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

I love my Keurig! I especially love how easy it is to make coffee no matter what time of day it is. It holds enough water that I do not feel like I am constantly filling it up. I love how I do not have to measure out coffee grinds. Cleaning is no problem, and one of my favorite features is the timer so that it starts warming up before I even wake up. Only thing I do not like is if I do not have the timer on it takes a little bit of time to warm up the water and I notice if I already put the coffee in and pushed the top down, I have to do it again when the "ready" sign comes on. I would definitely recommend this coffee maker.

Brew Performance
I love how easy and quick this machine brews coffee, especially when i use the timer to warm up ahead of time.

Easy to clean

Very easy to use! Otherwise, i would be buying coffee everyday.

looks good on the counter, not an eye sore

I've had mine for over a year and it still works great

Quick and effecient Single Cup brewer

Comments about Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

This makes my mornings great. I actually look forward to getting out of bed when I think about brewing my first cup of coffee of the day in this Keurig. I've owned it for over a year and have only had a minor issue that was easily remedied by descaling with vinegar. It was actually my mistake by not previously descaling at all. This is worth the money and usually on sale at many stores. This is the model I would suggest to all of my family and friends because out of 3 Keurigs, it's my favorite for ease of use and dependability.

Brew Performance
Brews fast and tastes wonderful. I quit buying coffee on the way to work specifically because this brews it better than other places I would buy from.

Run a cycle of water after your brew every few days and it'll keep clear for a year plus some. Run some vinegar through several cycles on an easy going weekend then rinse and run water through to get rid of the vinegar taste. Functions like it's fresh out of the box after that!

Anything from setting the automatic "On" function to have it warmed before you wake to popping in a k cup and running several mugs for guests in a row, this is the best appliance I have owned for coffee.

I can always see what size to choose and there are five sizes to pick from. Remarkably versitile to fit all of my random coffee mugs, disposable travel cups, and BPA plastic travel mugs.

Multiple daily uses for over a year and still running strong like it's new!

Convinient delicious coffee

Comments about Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

I would have never spent this kind of money on a coffee maker, but received it as a gift and I love it. Simple to use, brews quickly, and remembers my settings (cup size, temp, auto on/off) The k-cups are super convenient when I am in a hurry, but I also use the my k-cup filter to save some money. The filter is a pain to wash and fill once you get used to the k-cups but it allows you to customize your coffee a little further (brew strength) I use bottled water only and have not had to clean / descale it yet after 6 weeks of using it twice a day. The brew sizes are on the small size for mug drinkers like me, but you can reuse the filter/cup and brew twice for one cup. I also use the brewer for hot water for oatmeal and it works great. The huge selection of k-cups is a huge plus and it looks pretty on the counter too.

Brew Performance
Brews great tasting coffee in a flash

I have not had to descale yet after 6 weeks. The my k cup filter is a pain to wash, but everything else wipes up great

Set your auto on time, favorite cup size, and temp and all you do is drop in a cup and hit brew. Couldn't be simpler.

Wish the cup sizes were larger, but the functions are great and it looks good too.

Haven't had it long but it hasn't had any problems yet.

Excellent single cup brewer

Comments about Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

Excellent single cup brewer. Brews consistently good cup everytime in less than one minute. A downside is that it does take several minutes to heat water and get ready to brew. A solution to this is that it is very easy to program a start time so that the brewer is ready when you need it. Easy to program auto shut off as well. After on cup is brewed, it automatically begins to heat water for a second cup.

Has a large water reservoir that is very convenient as it does not need to be refilled frequently. I am the only user of this machine and have one cup per day. I go over a week before needing to refill the water container. I also really like that the water is filtered.

I have not used all 5 cup sizes, as the larger cup sizes taste watered down with regular k cups.

Ability to set the brew temperature is a nice feature. I usually have to wait a few minutes for my coffee to cool down, but thanks to this feature, i can enjoy my coffee right away.
Bottom tray is easily removable to accommodate larger travel mugs.

• Brew Performance:

Just bought it 2 days ago and love it already!

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

I'm loving this product so quickly. Compared to my last couple of coffee makers there is no comparison. With the Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System B70 making coffee is pleasure as well as the taste of the coffee. It's simple to use. It takes no time at all to set up and when you are ready you have no mess with grinds you simply place the cup into the machine, close it and presto you have a great cup of coffee. It also comes with the permanent filter so you can use your own coffee and not purchase k-cups. It's a nice option. Normally this feature considered an accessory will cost more, but came with this bundled unit free.

Brew Performance
This coffee maker is so far the best brewer I've had yet.

Very simple.

Very. No difficulty what so ever.

Design of it makes sense and is good.

Don't know for sure yet as I only have it for a couple of days, but if everything else is fine so far I'm sure there will be no problem.

Love this coffee maker!!

Comments about Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

My husband and I purchased the K65 coffee about a month ago and we absolutely love it! Makes delicious hot coffee in a flash. No more waiting for the first pot to brew in the morning. The k cup cost a little more but you can get reusable K cups. It says me money at Starbucks since I can make buy their K cups. Besides coffee, it makes tea cocoa and Iced tea. Large reservoir.

Brew Performance
Heats quickly in the morning. We unplug when not in use and still it is ready to use in 1-2 mins.

Just pull out the "k cup holder" and clean the inside with paper towel. Reline the arrows and snap into place.

Just insert Kcup. Close cover select cup size and hit brew. If you use one cup all the time, you can save that size, making even easier to use. This is so easy to use, I have perchased this as a xmas gift.

My only con is that the power button is in the back. May be awkward for some.

So far So good. We have only had ours a month but it has greatly simplified our lives

LOVE IT!

Comments about Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

This is the best coffee maker I've ever owned. It's so nice not having to refill the water thing every time and coffee can be made with just a touch of a button. My favorite K- Cup is the hot chocolate ones my boyfriend and I love them. The apple cider ones are really good too. The Keurig is pleasant to look at and fits nicely in most kitchens. I think you get what you pay for. I plan on buying my mom one for Christmas. There is a variety of K-Cups for everyone even if you're not a coffee drinker. If you don't mind spending a couple of bucks on someone I would definitely recommend this as a Christmas present. My little sister is the pickiest person ever and she'll even drink a couple of the cups. I recommend the Hazelnut ones they are delicious, my mom likes the white chocolate ones. Definitely better then a conventional coffee maker no messy filter just a little plastic pod that gets thrown away.

Taste great every time.

I haven't cleaned mine but people say its easy.

Only have to put the K-Cup in, put the cup under the dispenser, and press the button and bam a hot tasty drink.

I think its visually appealing.

I'm sure it could take a beating it looks and feels pretty durable.

You won't regret it

Comments about Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

The keurig is amazing, I use it every morning. The amazing part is it's not just for coffee, you can use it to many different things.. Heat up soup, make hot coco, hot tea. Anything you like you can pretty much make! It's easy to you, all you have to do is full the water put whatever coffee you prefer and just a press of a button you have an amazing cup of coffee.

It's perfect

Best Coffee Maker

from Waldorf, MD

Comments about Keurig Platinum Single-Cup Home Brewing System:

This is our second Keurig and we wouldn't buy any other coffee maker. We use this not only for coffee but hot chocolate, lemondae, ice tea, hot apple cidar, vitamin water. Anything that is out there we have used.

Brew Performance
We've never had a problem while brewing. The water takes a few mintues to heat up but after that it works great. Never any grinds found in drinks. Love the options of brewing tempature, helps with cold drinks such as ice coffee.

Very easy to clean, we empty the water container on a daily bases and fill as needed. Everything comes apart to be cleaned very easy.

Very simple with easy programming. Great for an elderly person to use, not many buttons and easy to set up right out of the box.

Very nice, small enough to sit on a little shelf and be tucked away.

This is our second one, by choice and it has lasted years. Never had a problems with anything breaking. Not poorly made at all.