3.9
Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048

Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048

3.9

Customize your Keurig Coffee with My K-Cup

Our Keurig Ultra B-50 coffee maker was perfect, except for one thing: It only took K-Cups, little inserted cups pre-filled with coffee grinds by various manufacturers. We quickly discovered two things: The selection of K-Cups was limited, and what was out there was a little expensive.

So when I saw a small box marked "My K-Cup" while browsing the aisles of a local home goods store, I instantly purchased the little gadget to take home to my husband. "My K-Cup" is essentially a plastic housing with a miniature mesh filter inserted, and a lid on top, that fits into all Keurig-branded coffee makers. Simply insert as much or as little of your own ground coffee into the K-Cup, insert it into the Keurig (after removing the plastic housing for the pre-made K-Cups) and go.

Using "My K-Cup" is simple, but the use-and-toss convenience of the pre-manufactured K-Cups is lost. Of course, the washable plastic housing and miniature filter mean less garbage and landfill waste, but you still have to *wash* the housing and filter between each cup of coffee. It can get a little messy.

The other benefit of this product is that you control not just what coffee you use, but how much you put into the K-Cup and how fresh your coffee is. With the manufactured K-Cups, your coffee was ground long before it got to your coffee maker, and no matter how well it's stored and sealed inside the individual K-Cup, it can sometimes taste less flavorful and pungent than freshly ground coffee.

Keurig's "My K-Cup" is ideal for those who want more control over their single cup coffee experience or who want to save money by buying and grinding their own coffee for use in their Keurig.

Leak problems with my K-Cup reusable filter unit

I just bought the filter unit for my model B40 but am very disappointed. This filter leaks a plain water stream along side the coffee stream going into my cup and near the end of the process leaks water out around the top of the filter holder and ultimately lands on the counter top ! Very messy - not to mention weakened coffee strength in my cup. I have followed all the instructions  "to a tee" as well as making sure the top of the filter edge is clean pryor to putting the cap on etc. I have tried different coffee grind amounts in the filter as well as different fineness of coffees, different settings on the coffee amount chosen on the main unit etc,  all to no avail. I am calling Keurig tomorrow in an attempt  to see what is wrong .If I don't get a solution the filter is going back to the Deprtment store to obtain a refund !  If I am doing something wrong or if Keurig can solve this problem I certainly will return to this site and adjust my rating and negative comments accordingly. If nothing changes, then my rating will stand.

I do like my B40, however, but the reusable filter thus far is a real DUD !.

Saves me a lot of Money!!!

from New York

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Compact

Cons

• Entertaining

Comments about Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048:

I'm very pleased that i purchased this reusable filter. It's compact design makes it easy to use. When we entertain, it's much more economical to use our gourmet coffee in this reusable cup instead of the pods. I can simply put the coffee in, make the cup and then just clean it out again without disposing of a pod each time.
    Because I am not pleased with the strength of the pods I purchase, I can customize the strength with this item. I would highly recommend this product.

Make your own coffee from home without the cups

from Ardmore, TN

Comments about Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048:

The Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter offers a one-of-a-kind way to brew your own coffee at home using any Keurig Cup machine, without the need for those expensive pre-made coffee cups. Do you have a favorite brand of coffee that isn't sold as a Keurig Cup? This cheap and easy solution worked perfectly for me and my family and saved us a lot of trouble and money.

The Keurig My K-Cup is quick and easy to use, and even easier to clean. Inside is a fine mesh filter to prevent coffee grounds from getting into the final cup of coffee, ensuring a smooth drink. A quick rinse with soap and water and it is ready to be used again. The Keurig My K-Cup is easy to use and install into any machine, and certainly worth the price with the money I am saving on purchasing individual Keurig Cups.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product, and would recommend it for anyone who uses a Keurig coffee machine.

Not very convenient

Comments about Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048:

I only used this two or three times. Cleaning the filter is hard, especially if you have a septic system which you do not dare get coffee into because it does not deteriorate. In my opinion this is not worth the effort of using. The pods are much simpler to use.

Great for ground coffee

from Utah

Comments about Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048:

We just bought a new Keurig, and it came with one of these reusable filters included for free. While we often us regular K-cups, it is nice to have the option of having regular coffee that we have ground ourselves (usually Kirkland Signature, but occasionally something else). This reusable filter works great. The cap is easily unscrewed, and it has a removable basket for the coffee grounds. Once the grounds are added and the cap is screwed back on, you simply need to use it like a regular K-cup. The coffee tastes great coming out of it. With the shape of the stainless steel mesh, it can be a little difficult to remove all of the used grounds and to clean it completely. But the ability to remove he basket from the outside case does make it easier to clean than if it was one solid piece. I haven't tried more than one flavor through it yet, so I'm not sure if the previous flavor would leave a residual flavor in the new cup.

My Coffee but Better

Comments about Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048:

I have the Keurig coffee maker and love the convenience of being able to brew a fresh cup of coffee without waste and mess. I like many of the Keurig KCup varieties however there are times when I want to brew my favorite brand without paying the added cost for the KCup version and not all of my favorite brands of coffee are available in a KCup so My KCup comes in handy. I also save a lot of money filling my own KCup with my favorite coffee.

A great way to save some money and use your favorite coffee!

Comments about Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048:

When I purchased my Keurig coffee brewing system I was concerned that the cost of the prepackaged coffee pods would cut into my grocery budget. I loved the idea of only brewing the number of cups of coffee needed over brewing a pot of coffee and throwing half of it out, but the cost of a carton of pods made the overall coffee much more expensive.

I mentioned this to a friend who also had a Keurig and she opened my eyes to this K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter that allows me to fill it with my favorite coffee, making the cost much more affordable!!

I also purchase the paper filters that fit into this filter that keeps the grounds from overflowing and makes clean up a snap! I also pre-fill the filters with coffee and stack them in the coffee can making them ready to use for those mornings when I don't have lots of time to get out of the door with my coffee in hand.

I recommend this K-Cup Filter to anyone who wants to use the single cup coffee brewing system by Keurig but does not want to buy the brands ready to use, or pay the higher price for them.

Keurig my k-cup

Comments about Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048:

The k-cup reusable coffee filter came with my Keurig platinum and for the longest time it just sat unused in a cabinet. About 3 weeks ago I ran out of k-cups but still had some ground coffee left. I got out the k-cup reusable coffee filter and decided to give it a try. I was amazed at how easy it was to take out the other k-cup holder and pop this one in, it was also super easy to put in my coffee in the little filter. It did however take me a few tries to get my coffee to the strength I like, but a few days of trial and error and I know the exact amount to put in the filter. The reusable k-cup coffee filter is also very easy to clean, you just unscrew the top, dump out your coffee grounds and hand wash the three parts. I have been using the k-cup reusable filter everyday now and not only is it saving me a ton of money but I like that I can adjust the amount of grounds to suit my needs. If I want a stronger cup of coffee one morning all I do is add a little more to the filter.

Nice option to have

Comments about Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048:

I bought this Keurig My K-cup Reusable Coffee Filter when I decided buying K-cup coffee's was too expensive. I am not sure why but the first time I used it my coffee tasted like warm mud, maybe because I didn't use enough coffee grounds. I wasn't impressed so stopped using the reusable K-cup for a while but then I received a package of ground Michigan Cherry coffee and really wanted to try it. I made a cup and put in more coffee grounds than what is recommended and it made a great cup of coffee. While using this reusable K-cup filter isn't as convenient as actual individual K-cups, do-it-youself coffee is less expensive and using this filter allows me to use any ground coffee I want. This K-cup filter is handy to have around when my individual K-cups are running low. While I found Keurig My K-cup Reusable Coffee Filter quite pricey, it has lasted me years and really isn't hard to clean. I am glad I purchased this product.

Keurig My K-Cup

from Draper, UT

Comments about Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048:

I purchased the Keurig My K-Cup about 2 years ago and I really thought I would love it but it clogs my Keurig Coffee machine very easily and I have to tear the whole thing apart to get it to work properly again. However, I do use it as a emergency back up when I am out of K-cup coffee.

Coffee Filter for Single-Use Coffee Makers

Comments about Keurig My K-Cup Reusable Coffee Filter 5048:

The Keurig My K-Cup resuable coffee filter allows you to use your own fresh-ground coffee in your Keurig K-Cup coffee makers. Having the option to either use the K-cups or to use my own coffee allows me to both save money (K-Cups can be quite expensive) and to brew any special coffees that I may have on hand. Some of the coffees and teas that I love to drink are not yet offered in the K-Cup version. This allows me to still enjoy my favorite beverages while still using the Keurig brewer.