Other Coffee Makers:

Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50

Pros

Cons

A Single Cup Caffeine Kick

I don't know how it happened, but I ended up being one of the few adults I know who **isn't** completely addicted to an early morning cup of coffee. It's a freakish thing. When I was five I drank my dad's leftover coffee after he rushed off to work, but somewhere between five and twenty-five, I lost my taste for the stuff as a part of the morning routine. An evening coffee drink? Sure. Mornings? Blech.

I did, however, marry into a coffee addicted household. My husband can't get going without his cuppa joe so we purchased the Keurig Ultra B-50 coffee maker for his morning jolt and my occasional evening brew. We have owned the Keurig for well over a year and it's performing as wonderfully today as it did fresh out of the box.

Designed for at-home use, the Keurig Ultra B-50 sets up in a snap. Making coffee is equally as simple, a blessing for me since I've never properly learned how to brew a good pot of coffee. The Keurig takes special "K-Cups", which are simply cup-shaped coffee pods that you pop into the brewer's flip-up receptacle. Once the K-Cup is inserted, you merely select a cup size from the LCD panel on top of the brewer, press a button and wait for your coffee to finish brewing, about thirty seconds later.

The Ultra B-50 features a water receptacle on the side that lets us brew several cups of coffee before requiring a refill. It also has a timer so that the water is ready and heated for our morning rush out the door. My husband, the coffee snob in the family, finds the coffee drinkable, but not "great". He prefers the darker blends of coffee. I like the quality of the lighter, flavored coffees.

We've only discovered a couple of small drawbacks to owning a Keurig. The brands of coffee that you can purchase in pre-made K-Cups are limited. Recently a "My K-Cup" refillable product has become available, that lets you insert your own coffee into a plastic holder for use with the Keurig. My husband loves it.

The other drawback? This coffee maker does only one thing well: make a single cup of coffee. Which means that we still require another coffee maker in our home for when we entertain or have family and friends over to visit. After three days at Christmas of listening to the Keurig churn constantly between the hours of 7am and 10am while my husband rushed about making coffee for everyone, I had the inspiration to buy my husband a new 10-cup coffee maker to supplement the Keurig for family gatherings. It was a most welcome gift.

Still, for the other 360 days of the year, the Keurig's our "go to" coffee maker, for its versatility and ease of use. If you need just one cup a day to get you out the door, I can highly recommend the Keurig Ultra B-50.

Hot Coffee at the touch of a [very expensive] button.

Keurig had a good idea by inventing this machine. It makes hot coffee quick and easily with little effort on the users part. It requires only its K-Cups, so there is no measuring coffee. It is a "I need my morning coffee right NOW!" person's dream.

When I purchased it, I received a free "My K-Cup." I never used it and continued to buy K-Cups. Eventually this got too expensive and I switched to buying my favorite coffee and filling my own K-Cups when I have time. This has definitely cut down on the cost and allows me to enjoy this machine more. Not only did it cut down on cost, it allowed me to have more choice.

If you are into ease of use and quick, simple results...this is for you. I am very happy I purchased it, and will continue to use it.

Best way to wake up!

from Naples, FL

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Everyday
    • Home
    • Office
    • Weekends

Comments about Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50:

I honestly don't know how I woke up in the mornings before I got my Keurig! All I have to do is stumble into the kitchen, turn it on, and VOILA - instant caffeine! It's always a fresh, hot, delicious cup of coffee! I like that I can change the "potency" of it as well, making it either a bit stronger or weaker with just the touch of a button. And now with SO many companies making SO MANY varieties of flavors of KCups, I get to choose my flavor of choice every time I want a cup! Keurig also really stands behind its products. Our machine stopped working one day -- almost a year after we got it -- and I contacted Keurig. I was just going to purchase a new one; however, when the rep asked what was wrong with the one we had, and I told her it no longer worked, she immediately sent us a BRAND NEW one - for NO additional cost! We could not believe a company would stand behind its products so seriously! Their products AND customer service are top notch!

Fantastic for people on the move that start Early

Comments about Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50:

I had this coffee maker for a good few months after I trashed my old Mr Coffee at the insistence of my at-the-time fiancé. Since I knew this coffee maker was simple to use and fairly inexpensive, this was my first and only choice when I was picking a new coffee maker so that I didn't want to complicate the choice. I have a new coffee maker now, but this one was pretty great when I owned it. The coffee comes out with great flavor and an enjoyable freshness, plus it almost never had coffee grounds in it like it sometimes would with my old Mr Coffee. On top of that, it was great for making only the amount of coffee that my fiancé and I needed in the morning, so there was no need to measure the right amount of coffee for what we assumed we were going to drink thanks to the serving options and the simplicity of the pods. It definitely makes the morning rush a lot simpler and even makes some afternoon Joe effortless. I would recommend this type of coffee maker for people who have busy mornings or don't like the tedious work of preparing coffee in the morning.

Love it

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50:

I love this keurig! It is so amazing. I have never really loved any coffee that you brew at home... For some reason it just never seemed to taste as good as when you buy it but now it does! I highly recommend this machine if you want to live your coffee from home!

Great Coffee Maker

from Millport, AL

Comments about Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50:

This Keurig Coffee Maker is so different from any coffee maker that I have ever used. You can have a fresh cut of coffee anytime you want. I thought it would be complicated to learn how to use, but it is very easy. The little cups of individual coffee comes in a lot of flavors, even cocoa. So whenever I take a notion for a cup of coffee, all I have to do is select my flavor and pull the lever ..Presto, fresh cut of coffee! I llike it a lot!

Hot Coffee at the touch of a [very expensive] button.

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50:

THE BEST COFFEE MAKER AROUND....

from Floral Park, NY

Comments about Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50:

I have had my Keurig for 3 1/2 years now..Still works as good as the day I got it..Love being able to choose one cup of flavored coffee. Don't have to make a whole pot..I use the website that allows me to make my own boxes so I pick out which flavors and how many of the cups I want

Brew Performance
    Coffee always HOT just the way I like it

Some times its difficult to get the cup holder off the machine to clean it but I somehow always manage to get it done

Not much thinking goes in to making a cup of coffee which is very important when you first wake up !!

Looks nice..Works great

Like I said mine still working despite what others say.

• Brew Performance:

I couldn't live with my keurig!

from Connecticut

Comments about Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50:

I love my keurig! We use this coffee maker at home and at work. It is so easy to make a cup of coffee in less than 5 minutes! It is very convenient! I buy the big box of keurig cups at costcos because we go through so many in such a short span of time that the big box lasts us awhile. In addition to it being so easy to make a cup the coffee tastes amazing! I love the fact that the keurig cups come in different flavors. They now even have hot chocolate and tea in the small keurig cup so it is not just about coffee. The only problem I have with my keurig at home is that as soon as it is done pouring it makes a loud noise and in the morning I am always afraid it will wake people up early in the morning although this does not happen to our keurig at work.

Keurig Ultra Brewing System 550 is outstanding for hot drinks!

from Akron, NY

Comments about Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50:

The Keurig Ultra Brewing System B50 is the most outstanding coffee maker and multi-tasker!

It's easy to use, clean, and never really needs to be lifted up, carried, or moved after finding the right spot for it to live, in the kitchen.

Just insert k-cups(coffee, hot cocoa, whatever) into the cradle, push a button, and hot water will almost instantly begin to fill your coffee mug with the bold aroma of fresh brewed coffee.

On the left side of the machine is a water resevoir which needs to stay full with clean water, because that's the water used to fill up the coffee mug. The top pops right off and you can fill it up. I like to use a brita water container to fill it with filtered water. Every now and then you should clean the sides of the resevoir, when it's empty. It's easy to do, and there are no hidden crevices. On the right side of the machine is a nice light up panel that displays brew options and cup size. It tells the user when the water is warmed up and ready, or to wait. It only takes a few seconds to water to be heated up properly, and once it's ready to go, and you can make multiple cups in a row, with out any wait.

There is no stress with the "did I forget to turn off the coffee", because if you don't turn it off(with the easy push of a button, and it's hard to forget) it will turn itself off. You can also just unplug it fast.

I've used this machine with K-cups and also filled mugs from packets of hot chocolate, hot apple cidar, and an array of herbal teas! It's a huge timer saver, it's amazingly easy, and works like a charm!

This would be a huge advantage for anybody who likes to have guests over for dinner, and has friends or relatives visit, and stay in the house. There is no waiting for coffee to drip-brew like the old style machines, and no need to brew a separete kettle of water for tea or hot cocoa for the kids. Great product!!!

Even my local vet has one of these in the lobby for the waiting room.

Greatest coffee ever!

from Horsham, PA

Comments about Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50:

I am a coffee connoisseur from way back. I do not wake up until after my second cup. The greatest thing about this coffee machine is that it is ready to brew when I walk into the kitchen because of the timer that I set to turn on before I get up. All that you need to do is fill water tank and put in k-cup and Voila`. Coffee in less than a minute. That gets my eyes open a little. No more cleaning pots and emptying filters every day. I can have a single cup througout the day with no fuss. I do enjoy my coffee black without sugar so I get the fresh aroma of fresh brewed anytime I want it without wasting the rest of a pot. I have the timer set to turn off automatically, also. So if I am going shopping and forget to turn it off, there is no danger of a boiled dry pot. Well worth the price for the quality and taste of great coffee.

Keurig is convenient and tasty.

from Foxboro, MA

Comments about Keurig Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System B50:

I love my Keurig for it's convenience and good, hot coffee. I am happy with the B50's reservoir size and don't have to fill it often. The selection of coffee choices is vast and there is always something new. I love using the Keurig hot water for oatmeal, hot chocolate, or instant envelope type soup. Cons are that it has to be descaled every so often and K cups can be expensive. My pin broke where the Kcup goes in but a call to Keurig yielded a quick and painless solution and part replacement. I use my Keurig every day multiple times and have a hard time living without it!