Other Coffee Makers:
Models:
117623, 117621
Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer

Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer

Pros

• Easy to use (16)
  • Stylish (15)
  • Brews quickly (14)
  • Multiple settings (13)
  • Durable (8)

Cons

• Hard to clean (5)

• Everyday (12)
  • Home (11)
  • Office (7)
  • Short trips / weekends (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (10), Casual drinker (4)

Keurig 2.0

Overall I did like this Keurig, but it does have a few dowfalls. I'll start with the positive points. It brews quickly and it has different once options so you can get just a little bit to a full cup (10oz). I love the design, I think it's sleek and modern. And when you're the only one at home it's great you don't have to throw out a entire pot, you just brew a cup.
The downfall of this machine is it isn't that easy to clean. The inside pod holder does come out so you can clean it if coffee ground spew out, which is a good feature. But if the needles get clogged up you have to get something small and clean it out by hand, which is a little harder than you think it is. All this machine comes with to clean the needles is like a small rubber cup that you put water in and pushed down on the handle after placing it in the kcup holder in the machine.
Another thing to consider with this coffee maker is I swear every third cup I made I had trouble with the machine not being able to brew anything. I would have to remove the k cup and start back over. For some reason the k cup would fill up with pressure and sometime explode inside the keurig. It was messy, a few times as soon as I lifted the hot water splashed on me because of the pressure build up.
If you like the McCafe k cups, forget using it in this machine. Every time I tried using the McCafe k cup it shut down and the cups exploded in the machine, and always clogged the needles. I did some research and apparently it's happened to a lot of other people too.
Besides those few things this is a good coffee maker. Always the right amount in your cup and many other k cups that do work just fine in this machine. But if it ever gets clogged make sure the needles are cleaned and I suggest running just hot water through it to clean it out.

Second Time around not so bad

I use this product at home for my morning coffee and nightly tea. I have always been great at cleaning my Keurig's, but the first 2.0 model we got did not hold up. We had to use the ball and water routine pretty much every other cup. That gets old and annoying quickly. We have nor moved that one to our camper and use the newest one in the house. Have this this one a few months and so far everything has ran great. One if my favorite things about the 2.0 is the hot water selection in two sizes. I use k-cup and certain tea bags so that is a huge convience for me. Maybe we just had bad luck the first time.

Hello better brewing!

from Myrtle Beach SC

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Stylish

Cons

• Small Pot

Comments about Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer:

I'm more of a tea drinker than I am a coffee drinker. Everyone knows brewing tea is an art form. You have to get it just right or the entire cup is useless. This brews tea like no other and in a fraction of the time a kettle would. If I'm not using kcup tea I'll use the keurig to heat my water for my bagged tea.

Most used appliance in my kitchen

from Pennsylvania

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Display Panel Issues

Comments about Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer:

I just received a replacement brewer from Keurig free of charge and did need to return the old one. I had purchased the K400 brewer last January to replace the K200 that had a multitude of issues. I was in a hurry and didn't shop around to look for other Keurig brewer options or I probably would have chosen a different model over this one but I'm generally happy with the brewer and the options it provides. I like the size of the water tank and I also like the ability to choose different cup sizes which allows me to regulate the strength of the coffee. I have recently begun to use the included K Cup accessory that allows me to use my own coffee and I'm finding that it's not as messy as the original Keurig accessory was to use. It's definitely more cost effective to use my own ground coffee but I do it more for variety over cost. I have a Frother and I make my own version of lattes that everyone requests when they come to visit. Being able to control the strength of the brew has greatly improved the taste of my lattes .I brew my coffee into a insulated tumbler so staying hot isn't any issue any longer. I am very impressed with the customer service that Keurig provides and when this coffee maker needs replaced or I choose to upgrade, I will definitely buy another Keurig.

I love this coffee maker

from Indiana

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Comments about Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer:

My husband drinks more coffee than me, but this makes it super easy when I make him some coffee! I can choose any flavor I want and it's very easy to pick the size .

used in home!

from Apison, TN

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Comments about Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer:

Great brewer....we only drink coffee at home on weekends so not a whole lot of use

Good for quick coffee, not the best tasting though

from Cambridge, MA

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Easy To Use
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer:

It's great for when people are over and you don't want to brew a whole pot of coffee or if one individual prefers decaf coffee.

Love it, so convenient and fast!

from Cleveland, Ohio

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean
      • Small Pot

Comments about Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer:

I love my Keurig 2.0. I use it every day and several times on the weekend.

It's fast, easy, and was a great replacement for my old "standard" coffee pot.

Only downside to it if you use the reusable pods... it doesn't give you full control to dp all/any size/amount. I was frustrated with this at first as I wanted to brew a travel size amount but couldn't get that option. Now, I just get buy with brewing a 10 oz the a 4 oz into the same travel mug.

I love this thing

from parker, az

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Easy To Use
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer:

I think this Coffee maker is great for someone who loves coffee! it brews very quickly and you can brew at many sizes. It is very convenient and looks great. I love the button on it. It is touchscreen. It is very simple to use and does what you need it to do. You also can buy the pot and make pots of coffee if that is what you desire. It comes in many colors! Looks great. Also it has setting for different drinks like hot chocolate. The only thing i wish it did was make cold drinks too.

Love!

from Kaukauna, Wisconsin

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer:

Getting this keurig has changed my coffee drinking world. I use it every day with a reusuable cup it took me quite awhile to find one that worked though. I was a little worried this wouldn't brew to the strength that I usually like it but I don't have and issue with that. I have never used the carafe style on this keurig though. Overall this is a great product that I use everyday and love. I would never go back to a regular coffee pot!

Keurig 2.0

from tx

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

My BFF

from Wilkes Barre PA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Clean
      • Easy To Use
      • Large Pot
      • Multiple Settings

Comments about Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer:

I adore my Keurig 2.0!! I love all the option this machine has. I can make everything from k cups to vue cups and the big carafe cups. Everyone gets what the want when they want it. Heats up fast and brews even faster. I have never had a single issue with it yet. I just wish they'd make more vue cup options.