Other Washing Machines:
Kenmore
Kenmore Washers

Kenmore Washers

Love My Washing Machine!

After my old Kenmore washer died at just a tad over 14 years, I knew I would replace it with another. I decided on the Kenmore top loader model 21302.
Read complete review

I was a tiny bit hesitant because it's an agitator-less machine. But the price was right and I needed a washer.

I've now had the thing for 2 months and I LOVE it. The capacity is HUGE! I do half as much laundry because the it's so big! And it uses so much less water. The wash plate is what takes place of the agitator, and so far all my items are incredibly clean and I believe being washed more gently.

The machine makes noises that are completely different than my old 'standard' machine. But it's quiet. And the spin cycle~ wow! My clothes come out damp~ not wet! They dry so much quicker too! And my old machine used to make my tiny house shake~ now my house doesn't move even a tiny bit and the spin cycle is quiet!

Probably the only real adjustment I've had to make is purchasing HE detergent (which is incredibly easy, it even costs the same) and remembering to get the clothes out after the cycle is done. Leaving a wet load in even just overnight can leave it with a little bit of a stinky smell but nothing that doesn't wash out.

I'm still playing with the bells and whistles on this and loving it more and more!

Do Not Buy!!

I have had the Kenmore Elite he4 for about five years and it ran great for awhile. Now if you run to many clothes in it you get a error message and the machine will stop and then you have to unplug it and wait a half hour then plug it back in and see if the machine will start again. Sometimes it will start again at the same spot that it stop in the cycle or it won't and then you will have to run a whole new cycle. If it happens to run through with no stopping then you will be happy. It takes 2 hour just to do one load of laundry and being a family of four it can take days to get all the laundry done.

It is easy to use once you know what all the buttons are for.

I like the design of it.

It doesn't last as long as I think a washer should last. Five years to me is not that long considering how much money you spend on the washer to begin with. I think you should get at least a good ten years out of it before you have problems with it.

Do not buy

from New York state

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well

Cons

• cannot open lid once cycle starts
  • does not always complete cycle correctly
  • Long Cycle
  • Noisy
  • often have to spin & drain after cycle is done

Comments about Kenmore Washers:

Worst washer I have ever owned. Would never buy another digitally controlled washer. Complained when I first bought it and got no satisfaction.

If I could give it negative stars, I would.

from Alabama

About Me Frequent User

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
      • Long Cycle
      • Shakes/Moves

• Scrap metal

Comments about Kenmore Washers:

We've had a Kenmore top loader washer (Elite? I'm unsure) for about 3 years and, while I'm thankful to have a washer, it's almost worth going to the laundromat just to get my clothes done hassle-free. You can put a perfectly-balanced load in there and somehow, magically, it will go off-balance. Dear gawd, heavens forbid you should try to wash towels with anything -other than- towels (and even then it's hit-or-miss whether you'll have to rebalance the load or not). And may the same heavens help you if your clothes are really dirty because it does not clean very well, even when using the super-long cycle. The only person to whom I'd recommend this is someone that I really despise, like Hitler.

love my kenmore appliances

from Spearfish SD

About Me Heavy Duty User

Comments about Kenmore Washers:

I have had my Kenmore washer and dryer for 22 years. They have been moved 4 times
      and I have never had a breakdown or replacement part put in either one. They have been completely maintanence free. All of my kitchen appliances are also Kenmore and I have had them for 16 years with no problems. To have a dishwasher for that long and no problems has been incredible. I hope Kenmore products never go away!!!

Do Not Buy!!

Comments about Kenmore Washers:

It is easy to use once you know what all the buttons are for.

I like the design of it.

• Cleaning Time:

I'll Only Buy a Kenmore Washer!!

Comments about Kenmore Washers:

My husband and I bought a Kenmore washer when we bought our first home. It is a Kenmore 600 Series, and I wish they still made them. Ours is seven years old, and I have loved it ever since. Don't get me wrong, I don't love doing laundry, but this washing machine has definitely helped ease the pain of doing laundry!

I love how easy the washing machine is to use. It has the normal cycles like permanent press, delicate, and heavy wash, but my favorite feature is the "hand wash" cycle. I love being able to put things in the washing machine when an article of clothing calls to be hand washed.

The only complaint I have with the washing machine is that the slot to pour the fabric softener in tends to get dirty easily, which is ironic. It is located at the top of the agitator, so it never really gets water in it to clean it out. I just clean it myself every once in a while, but it would be nice if it were designed a little better for this. Thankfully this doesn't affect the cleaning ability f the washing machine, though.

• Cleaning Time:

Good, not bad, not great

Comments about Kenmore Washers:

I am the curse of death when it comes to washers. I have been on my own for 21 years and have had 5 or 6 washers. One was a very expensive Kenmore Elite but it was moved 3 times, up and down stairs, so I give it a pass. We have had better luck with Kenmores than with any other brand. The most recent is the least expensive front-loader we could find, and so far it's my favorite. I didn't see a separate review for it, but it is the #41172 model. I like that it chimes, it doesn't have an annoying beep or buzz. I LOVE the 15 minute express washes. It has also been gentle on my clothes and is big enough for a king-sized comforter. It also has several different temperature settings, and settings for different levels of soil. I usually use the express wash, it can get anything clean except dish towels which I wash on the whites setting.

Energy Efficiency
      It doesn't seem to use much water and the wash times are so short, it can't be using that much electricity.

Cleaning Time
      Fifteen minutes!

It is gentle and gets clothes clean.

You just push a few buttons, easy as can be.

It looks modern and sleek.

No complaints so far!

Kenmore Accela-Wash

Comments about Kenmore Washers:

Just replaced my stackable washer unit with Kenmore Accela Wash. It is very reasonably priced. The only thing that worried me is that it was NOT Kenmore Elite. In research, found that doesn't make a lot of difference. I like the fact it is very conservative on water, handles large loads and is quiet. Has several settings for normal, kids clothes, bedding, delicates, etc. I have been warned with the front loading washers (not just this one), to make sure to keep the door open between washes to prevent it from molding. This is new to me, I have not had to do that before. However, have had absolutely no problem with any molding issue and LOVE to do laundry now!

• Cleaning Time:

Kenmore Elite Washer is phenomenal!!

from SmallTown, TX

Comments about Kenmore Washers:

We purchased this Kenmore Elite 3-speed washing machine about seven years ago. We had a GE washer prior to this one. The GE washer leaked from the time we got it until the time we got rid of it. Because of that experience, I realize that sometimes you just get lemons for appliances. That makes me appreciate this Kenmore Elite even more than I would have had I not had a bad experience with a prior washing machine. It is a large capacity washer, will even wash a comforter with no effort. I like that it is on a timed setting, so I can add the soap, bleach and fabric softener all at once in the proper dispensers. It cost more than some washers, but seven years later, I can definitely say it was worth it because I haven't had any repair bills to contend with. It is a great machine and I highly recommend it to anyone needing a new washer.

I own all Kenmore products in my home

from Port Saint Lucie, FL

Comments about Kenmore Washers:

I have had my Kenmore Elite washing machine for 5 years and have had to replace the drum just this past year.  They don't let you know that this is actually covered under the warantee, we had to research it.  I do love my Kenmore, I do laundry about 7 times per week doing laundry for 7 members of the household including myself.  I can't say I have any complaints other than I should have chosen the RED one.

We really like our Kenmore Washer

from Bay, AR

Comments about Kenmore Washers:

We have never owned a new washer before, we had family and friends that have given us their old one's that they were trying to get rid of. They worked for a few years then we would have to look for a replacement. We did that for almost 12 years. So 4 years ago we both decided to go looking for a new washer. We decided on our Kenmore, we had read several good reviews and it was at a price we could afford. It is not one of the fancy washing machines with extra bells and whistles that we dont use or need. But it works wonderful. We have 2 boys and I do ALLOT of laundry and it works great. It vary rarely gets off balance, and usually that is my husbands fault. It is pretty quit as far as a washer goes. It seems to use less water than the older one's we have had.

It is very reliable for us and would suggest to anyone. Thanks

Energy Efficiency
      It seems to be good. We dont notice any difference

Cleaning Time
      Does great in a great time

Does wonderful

Very easy

Love it

Knock on wood it is holding up great for us