Other Washing Machines:

Kenmore Washers and Dryers

Pros

Cons

so far so good

We purchased a Kenmore He2 washer & dryer a little over a year ago with our stimulus check.  So far both work fine & are reliable except the washer shakes quite a bit on high spin. Usually a little less clothes &/or balancing out where the towels or similar items in the load are, help the washer to shake less.HE detergent works fine. Found less expensive brands than Tide to use. We use Wisk or Purex. Washer cleans clothes very well. Dryer dries great. Washed & dried our quilts & they came out great! I like the wrinkle guard on the dryer in case I can't get clothes out right away. We didn't get the pedastals, too expensive.

Designed to fail, absolute crap

Last year the counterbalance came loose and repair was a couple hundred.

Now it's banging loudly during...Read complete review

Last year the counterbalance came loose and repair was a couple hundred.

Now it's banging loudly during high speed spin and the spider arm broke resulting in a repair that will coast as much as a new machine.

I'm reading reports from others who  say 7 years is the longest these can last.

It's poorly designed and designed to fail due to incompatability of aluminum and stainless steel leading to massive corrosion.

I feel like I've been robbed and will NEVER buy another Kenmore/Fridgidaire product again.

great investment..

Comments about Kenmore Washers and Dryers:

My set is awesome. It is quiet and cleans very well. I have my set stacked to save space. The only problem I have had is you need to dry the seal and allow to air drive after you use the washer. If you close it without drying it. Itwillbmildew

Mine are stacked by a brace. Love it. Space saving.

Kenmore Super Capacity HE Washer and Dryer

Comments about Kenmore Washers and Dryers:

The best part of a washer and dryer is that you can throw your clothes in, wash/dry, pull them out and move on. Not so much with the Kenmore Super Capacity Washer. I have the set and have been extremely pleased with the dryer. Lower cycle times equals happy customer! However, the washer is not so easy and has caused much frustration. Mold and an icky smell have been torturing me every time I go to do a load of laundry.

We have finally gotten the mold issue under control but only after disassembling the washer and cleaning out the hose by hand. Then purchasing a Washer Fan has helped a lot but problems still linger.

If you are up for babysitting your washer and dryer, then this is the set for you!

Cleaning Time
My favorite feature of both the washer and dryer is the cleaning time. I can get a load washed and dried within an hour and a half!

This washer and dryer get the job done when it comes to cleaning clothes. However, it does come with lots of fancy cycle "options" that I have found do not do as well. I stick to my trusty "permanent press" cycle.

Unfortunately, the drum has a rubber mold around it that "holds" water. This is a mold and filth playground! In order to keep my washer clean and mold-free, I keep a towel next to it and wipe out the rubber drum after each wash. Larger pieces of dirt, food and other items get caught in the drum as well. It is irritating to have to wash out my washer each time it washes a load of laundry.

Why I love this washer and am sticking with it is the front-loading feature. I can wash larger loads and they aren't thrashed around. My clothes are holding up better because of it.

I do have to say that I am the 3rd owner of this set. And while the first two owners did not take very good care of the washer and dryer, it is still kicking! After a thorough cleaning and constant care, this washer and dryer get the job done.

• Cleaning Time:

Kenmore washer is good, the dryer is not.

from Nashua, NH

Comments about Kenmore Washers and Dryers:

We chose a front load Kenmore washer and dryer because we had heard many good things about front load washers and we found a really good price on this. Because this was our first front load washer, I can't compare it to other front load washers, but compared to our top load washer, this one worked great. We immediately noticed the difference. Our clothes were cleaner and the machine seemed to be much gentler on delicate clothes. We also use a lot less detergent in this machine so the fact that it gets clothes cleaner is that much more impressive. The downside is that you need to keep the door open to prevent mold from developing. The placement of the machine in our laundry room is such that the open door is an inconvenience but that might not be a problem for others. The dryer is a little less impressive. I like to dry my clothes on the lowest level heat but that's not practical with this dryer because the heat is so low that I would have to dry most loads, except the very lightest weight loads, for hours to get them dry. In contrast the next level heat is seems very hot to me so I find that I am hang drying anything that i really care about. Overall we are very happy with the washer but find that the dryer does not meet up to an adequate standard.

• Cleaning Time:

Kenmore washer and dryers are great quailty.

from Olive Branch, MS

Comments about Kenmore Washers and Dryers:

I've had my Kenmore 70 series Washer and Dryer pair for 10 years. They have each had one minor repair on them over this entire 10 year period. I am very pleased with the performance of my Kenmore washer and dryer. They get a lot of use, probably on average, 2-3 loads a day for my family of 5.

Recently, the dryer was having trouble getting clothes dry in under 1 and half hours, so I called a repair man who said my heating element was shorting out. He replaced it and it has been working great ever since. A large load of clothes/towel will dry in 55-80 min now.

I've had friends complain of mildew and bad smells from their washer, and I have never experienced this problem with my Kenmore washing machine.

I believe Kenmore makes top notch appliances.

Kenmore Washer & Dryer - Simple and effective

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Kenmore Washers and Dryers:

My Kenmore washer and dryer set is the 70 series.  They are both Heavy Duty Super Capacity.  I've been satisfied with them.  They aren't the most spectacular models (based on appearance or performance), but they certainly get the job done.

Both have limited simple settings.  The top-loading washing machine has the following: a knob for load size (small, medium, large) , a knob for temperature (cold/cold; warm/cold; hot/cold), and a knob for cycle type and duration (normal--up to 10 minutes; permanent press--up to 10 minutes; delicate--up to 6 minutes; Heavy Duty--up to 14 minutes).  The front-loading dryer has two knobs.  One knob is to turn the machine on.  The other knob is for cycle/heat type and duration: timed dry/high heat--up to 60 minutes; air dry--20+ (?) minutes; knit/delicate/low heat; auto dry/permanent press/normal/high heat.

I don't like that the washer can run through its cycle while its lid is opened.  I don't like that the dryer's lint trap scrapes while being inserted back into its slot.  This causes little fuzzies to appear around the lint trap area.

(I think that some of the things I've written could be difficult to visualize, so I have included a photos of the washer and dryer.)

Our Kenmore Washer and Dryer are standing up to the test!

from Belgrade, MT

Comments about Kenmore Washers and Dryers:

Our Kenmore Washer (80 series) and Dryer (90 series) are "new" to us but were given to us by friends that needed stackable machines for their space. The previous owners used cloth diapers and had a lot of work clothes to wash during the week. We purchased the washer and dryer from them a year and half ago and the machines are still doing great. I am the mother of three with a husband that gets his clothes very dirty in a labor intensive job. We do several loads of laundry a week and both machines are holding up to the task. I love the capacity of both the washer and dryer. I can get several shirts and sometimes up to 5 pairs of jeans (his and mine) in the washer at one time. Anything the washer can hold, the dryer can hold too. The only negative thing about the dryer is that I have to use the time dry versus the sensor drying. I'm not sure if it's broken or not a good sensor but my clothes tended to still be a little damp when the dryer said they should be done. Easy enough to fix, I just started using the time dry and it takes 60 minutes or less for an average load. All-in-all, they have been great machines.

Designed to fail, absolute crap

from Paxico, KS

Last year the counterbalance came loose and repair was a couple hundred.

I'm reading reports from others who  say 7 years is the longest these can last.

so far so good

from Green Bay, WI

Comments about Kenmore Washers and Dryers:

My Kenmore Washer and Dryer just keep on going!

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Kenmore Washers and Dryers:

We purchased our Kenmore ECO Washer and Dryer about 6 years ago and these things just don't quit!  I love having a front loading washer, it allows me to really take advantage of the capacity.  The dryer is an energy saver and will shut off early if it detects that the clothes are dry.  I don't think you can go wrong with a Kenmore!

Our family loves our Kenmore Dryer, it dries clothes quick.

from Pueblo, CO

Comments about Kenmore Washers and Dryers:

Our Kenmore Series 400 Dryer, has been perfect for our family.  Often we do not even let it complete a full cycle, as the clothes are already dry.  That has been an energy saver, and a utility bill saver too.  No electronic dials to worry about, if your wife is not electronic oriented, or seems to hate new gadgets.