Other Washing Machines:
Kenmore

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Kenmore washers are long-lasting!

I have been extremely happy with my Kenmore top-load washing machine. I have had it for a very long time. In fact, I have had it for so long, I cannot remember when I bought it. When I bought my house, there was a Kenmore top-load washing machine in it from the previous owners. It lasted for years, so when the time came to buy another one, naturally, I bought another Kenmore, because I had been so satisfied with the last one. It holds a very large load, and it gets my clothes clean without damaging them. It is extremely simple to use. There are no electronics. Instead, there are just a few knobs that you turn to set the time, load size and the water temperature. I wash everything in cold water to save energy, and my clothes always get clean. I have no complaints, and I hope it lasts for many more years!

This Kenmore Washer is pretty average.

There is nothing special about this Kenmore Washer when it comes down to it.  Really, I guess you get what you paid for.  Nothing is great or stands above the competition with this washer, but then again, nothing is absolutely horrible about it either.  Though I would be careful about running it at high capacity in an older home.  The amount of water it uses can cause your pipes to back up and then you will have a big mess of water on your hands.  This has happened to us a couple of times before we learned to just run it on the lower loads...which of course, costs more in utilities in the long run.   oh well, it works pretty well I guess.  Other than the water spilling out everywhere, we really haven't had any other functional problems with this washer.  So, if you want a cheap machine, I suppose I would recommend this washer to just about anyone, with the above warnings highlighted of course.

This washer is a sturdy washer with great longevity.

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

It has just enough basic washload settings and temperature choices.

Cleaning Time
Has good choices for length of wash times

Ours has lasted for many years and has always gotten the clothes clean. I can wash small throw rugs and comforters that aren't too thick in it as well.

Very self-explanatory. We often have guests that use it and don't need instruction.

Not a deluxe machine but a has nice basic design

We have put ours through a lot and it has lasted us quite well.

Kenmore washing machine

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

Overall this is a pretty good washing machine for me and my household so far. It was already in our house when we moved in and the previous residents had said they had been using it for a couple years and that it was still in good working condition. That has proved to be true. I haven't had any breakdowns or performance issues thus far. While it isn't the most fancy or newest washing machine out there, it does the basic job and meets up to the basic requirements of the average washing machine. I would say I have no complaints at this point and am moderately happy with it as a whole.

Cleaning Time
The small loads are usually done within less than thirty minutes and the largest load only takes around forty minutes so no matter what size the load it works pretty quickly to get my clothes done and makes it easy to run one load after the next without laundry taking me all day to finish.

Quality is in the name

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

As far as washing machines go I have used more than my fair share. I have been called the washing machine killer because for some reason I can burn out a belt in no time at all. However this washing machine has withstood a beating from me and my three boys and our hockey and football equipment. The thing I like about this washing machine the best is the size of the washing area itself. We have absolutely no problem fitting shoulder pads in to get the clean.

Energy Efficiency
This washing machine is as efficient as any other machine on the market.

Cleaning Time
Much quicker then the two machines we had before this one. The total wash time is around 40 minutes.

It gets all of our clothes and jerseys and pads clean and refreshed with ease.

So simple my 7 year old has started to do the laundry too.

Call me a sucker but I am a big fan of the top load design and the old fashioned white color. It may be just me but I even wish our dryer was a top load design because it is just easier to get things in and out of it with out to much bending.

This Machine has stood up longer than any other washing machine we have had. It takes care of every load we give it with out even a wimper.

I love my Kenmore

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

I like everything about my Kenmore top loading wash machine. It's simple to use with three knobs - one for load size, one for water temperature, and one for load-running time. It's a steady, mechanical workhorse. It has a clean classic look on the outside, and a sensible gray and white spackled look inside so dye stains don't show. It has a high capacity and can get big loads of wash clean. I like using it for cloth diapers especially, as you can do whatever you want with soaking, pre-washing, etc. by simply setting the knob, without fiddling over computerized settings like front loader machines have. It gets cloth diapers pretty clean too!
The only negative aspect I can think of about the machine is that it is rather loud, especially with smaller loads, as it can really throw them around. It is quieter with larger loads.
The 'delicates' setting operates by means of several timed pauses throughout the cycle, which supposedly helps to prevent clothes items from being over-wrung. However, I think the machine is still a bit vigorous for true delicate items. It shines best on the big, tough jobs.

• Cleaning Time:

Overall great product that has withstood the test of time.

from Princeton, WV

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

My mom actually owned this washing machine as far back as I can remember so it's definitely held up through the test of time. I've had this machine at my home since 2007 and my mom loved it so much she purchased another kenmore washing machine to replace this one after she gave it to me for my new home. It is a top loader and I love a top loader personally. I know many feel they aren't as energy efficient as front loaders but I always wash everything in a cold/cold cycle and I have had no complaints with this machine. I have had good luck with it and as long as you sort through your laundry before washing, the colors fading have never been an issue for me.

Energy Efficiency
This washer is a large capacity washing machine so it does use more water. In that respect it isn't necessarily efficient but you can use it on a cold wash cycle and it does a great job so you don't need to waste extra hot water and electricity. The cycles are also seemingly short so it doesn't use a lot of electricity for a long period of time. Overall it does a great job. The only thing it could do better is use less water but it's been great and isn't hard on my power bill.

Cleaning Time
It doesn't take long at all to get the laundry finished. I'm sure some other machines may take a shorter amount of time but I've always had this machine and it does a great job of finishing up a load of laundry in what feels like 30 minutes. It may take more along the lines of 45 but either way it's a fast wash.

I really can't complain about this machine at all. I do wish it dashed a little bit harder but this washing machine has to be ten or fifteen years old minimum and it is still purring like a new one. It does a great job cleaning my clothes and nothing comes out stained or spotted.

Very easy to use. You simply set your water temperature, set your wash load size, and pull the level to get it started. It's really standard, basic, and simple. It's so easy to use that I would recommend it for tweens and teens to help with household chores.

It's a bit bulky. But it's a standard washing machine top loader design. I do wish it was easier to move around and that is just didn't take up so much space but then it wouldn't be able to wash such large loads of laundry.

Very durable machine. It has held up through many work clothes washes, shoes, blankets, camping gear, and just everyday use, wear and tear etc. It could work a bit better on larger loads but it is a large washing machine to begin with. This goes back to wishing it dashed a little harder but it does a great job.

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

When I moved into my new house a year ago I needed to purchase a new washer. I looked at several and noticed that many of them had a newer more modern look. The new look to me resembled the washers that they have at laundry mats. I think that they are nice but I wanted something more traditional looking that I was accustomed to. I chose this washer because I felt it would be easy to use and similar to the washer that I previously had.

I absolutely love the washer. It gets my clothes clean and I can choose which cycle is best for my laundry. I can wash my whites and solids on delicate or a heavy load if I want. I can wash with cold, warm, or hot water if I chose to. The settings are not confusing and I can even chose how long I want to wash. I have never had a problem with my washer and I am sure that if I ever do that with the warranty that I have, they will either fix it or replace it. The washer is not loud or too noisy and with six children there are times when I use it repeatedly during the day and it is durable enough to withstand heavy use and heavy loads. It's the washer that works best for me.

One mean cleaning machine

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

We have had this Washing machine for over a year now and it has lived up to our standards since the day we first used it! If you are looking for a great Washing machine then look no further this is a god send especially for the price. It has a majority of different settings for different needs which are really nice for the people who don't really do laundry a lot. This makes it easy for anyone to simply use it. I like the fact that it can fit a really big load without spinning off track or going crazy like most washing machines do. The cleaning factor is also amazing, we have hard water which makes it hard to get clothes the cleanest they can be but this machine can even get my boyfriend’s work clothes spot less and they are usually covered in dirt and coal dust. It also has different dispensers for your cleaning liquid which makes it nice to just pour it in the dispenser and let it go until the load is done. I highly recommend this for people who need a reasonably price washer that gets the job done well.

Great product.

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

This washing machine does everything I want to do. If you are the type that does not need all the fancy bells and whistles of the front load or higher end top load machines. This is the washer for you.

Energy Efficiency
I upgraded from a much older machine that ran up my power bill. I wash at least one load of laundry a day. I have noticed a small decrease in my power bill since using this washing machine.

Cleaning Time
When compared to my older machine, this one does not take nearly as long.

I love the performance of this washing machine. I am getting my money's worth. I did not want anything fancy with a lot of complicated bells and whistles. I wanted a machine that I could put my laundry in and turn it on and the clothes come out clean. That is what I paid for and that is exactly what I got.

So easy that everyone should be able to use this.

Love it. Don't need anything fancy, just basic.

It stands up to my over loading.

• Cleaning Time:

Nice washer for the price!

from Ohio

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

I had the Kenmore Top Load washer for years and never had any problems with it. It is a great basic washer for smaller families or apartment living. You can fit a surprisingly large amount of clothes in too. It is what it is, not too many bells and whistles but will get the job done! It is very durable, I did countless loads of laundry and never had any problems so the washing machine itself is definitely a real trooper! I have since purchased a newer washer and dryer and passed this one along to a friend of the family and she is still running strong! Kenmore has always been a great name in home appliances and this laundry machine is definitely built to last at budget price. I would absolutely recommend this washer to anyone looking for a decent sized machine that gets the job done as needed.

Energy Efficiency
Nice compact washer, relatively low cost and energy efficient.

Cleaning Time
Washer offers a variety of cleaning cycles.

Reliable and durable, it provides all you need - everything from a delicate to a more intense wash cycle.

Easy to use!

Nice design. Simple, economical - Plain and simple! :)

Runs Strong!

• Cleaning Time:

Old time classic stands up to heavy usage

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

I have a large family and my Kenmore washing machine has stood the test of time. I have gone through many different washing machines in 28 years of having children and the one I have found consistently reliable is the Kenmore top load washing machine. I have had it serviced by an independent washing machine repair man and most of the time all it needed was a new belt and we were back in business.

Cleaning Time
The wash time is easily adjusted by the settings, most things are fine to wash on the 10 minute cycle. The washer fills quickly and it is capable of doing many loads of laundry in a day.

I have had several of these and have always been very happy with how they performed.

They are a simple, basic and easy to use machine, which is a necessity when having children in the house that do their own laundry. Pretty much, there is not much that can go wrong with these. No fancy electronics, just a basic, get your clothes clean kind of machine.

I don't notice much in the way of design changes over the past 20 years or so.

I can expect my machine to last about 3 or 4 years before it needs some servicing and overall I expect about 5 or 6 years before needing replacing, but I also wash at least 3-4 loads a day, 7 days a week!