3.9

Pros

Cons

Kenmore Coldspot side by side

On the refrigerator side:
On the top shelf we keep our drinks like milk and tea and juice. It is tall enough to accommodate the big pitchers and jugs. Sometimes we can fit three gallons of milk two juices and a couple of pitchers of tea on the top shelf but then it is crowded.
It has a shorter shelf after that and it is perfect to keep several cartons of eggs there plus room in from of the eggs for something small.
The next two shelves are for leftovers and what not.
There is one drawer that we use for vegetables and it is pretty deep and another drawer for meats and cheeses.
The side of the door holds condiments.
The freezer side is quite irritating because it feels like it isn't big enough to hold stuff and yet it seems too big that we don't feel like searching through it all to get out what we might make for dinner. I guess it could just be my family that isn't organized well enough. I'm not sure. At the top shelf it is nice and big enough to put icecream there. But only like three ice creams containers at a time. The next big area is ice. It is a big ice holder so that you can get it out of the door when you put your cup there. A lot of times though I've noticed that my family just opens the freezer door and gets the ice out with their hands.
Then there are a couple of short shelves after the ice holder that barely fits a few meat items and vegetables. There is a drawer at the bottom that might seem great but most of the time here no one wants to search it for anything and so we buy stuff and it gets freezer burned or goes bad for being in there too long and stuff gets bought even though we have some. I think it is just my family though...maybe. There are small little shelves on the freezer door as well but only for the smallest things possible.
I'm glad we have a refrigerator though. I would like it better if I knew how to change the filter for the water in the door. I would use it more often if it didn't taste so sharp. I like that we have a white fridge and it is easy to keep clean and we have decorated it with magnets.

Noise Level
It doesn't make that much noise. It does make noise when It has to make more ice. It is really noisy to get ice out of the door.

Interior Organization
It can be organized how you want because you can move the shelves out and up and down. Not that we move the shelves though.

Temperature Control
It is easy to control the temperature. It usually gets set to one thing and stays there. A couple of times though when the fridge is really full and something blocks the vent at the bottom shelf it does change the temperature so we have to make sure the vent isn't blocked.

The shelves come out of the fridge so we can wash the shelves in the sink. The drawers come out as well.
The water filter however is another story.

The shelves haven't broke even though it gets loaded down with really heavy gallons of drinks.

I like that the refrigerator is on one side and the freezer on the other.

I bought a lemon

We live right next to SEARS. Perfect, right?! So we actually have been fans of their KENMORE brands for decades. It is a solid brand. And our previous fridge had been...Read complete review

We live right next to SEARS. Perfect, right?! So we actually have been fans of their KENMORE brands for decades. It is a solid brand. And our previous fridge had been theirs.
But this model is a nightmare! It rots vegetables and fruit in its debatable "CRISPER". Moisture builds up, whether I set it to high or low humidity.
The Deli drawer does the same, the meats age and the cheese "grows fur", mold.
Regulating the temp for both sides is also a challenge. It never seems to be correct and I have to adjust often. There is not real way to achieve perfect as the controls are just basic numbers and not true temperature.
The freezer is similar and frost defrosts too much. I get thawed and freezer burned foods.
There has also been a problem with noise and vibrations. I have to put piece of cardboard under the coils/motor area and on the side pressed up to my counter-top. If I don't do that, the fridge vibrates so much that you can hear the buzzing in the basement below.
It has been a constant disappointment since we got it. And we did not buy the extended warranty, boooooo. I feel a product should be good out of the gte and we should not have to pay extra.

PERFECT fridge for a busy family of five!!

Comments about Kenmore Side-by-Side Refrigerator 57072 / 57074 / 57076 / 57079:

We LOVE our fridge. We have used the ice maker and water dispenser A LOT and love the convenience of both. the temperatures for the fridge and freezer are good - the highest temp. frorthe freezer is a little too low for me ( the food is REALLY frozen) but not a big deal. Very easy to clean - I just wipe it down with a cleaning wipe and everything stays clean. I love all the drawers: there big enough for a lot of food and helps keep things organized. I do want to order another shelf for the freezer side as there does not seems to be enough shelving for my needs. Was advised by family members to always buy the expended warranties for refrigerators, so we did. Most problems seen to happens after the first year and the warranty covers past that. I really great fridge!!! Look great, works great - we're happy with it

Noise Level
i don't notice any noise from the fridge, at all. The ice cube maker is not very loud.

Interior Organization
could use another shelf in the freezer.

keeps food cold and the freezer FREEZES VERY WELL. Perfect cold water in summer

just wipe it down with a cleaning wipe and the refridge stays clean

so far all the trays, racks and water and ice dispensers are working great. a lot of use with my family of five

I love the side by side. I get more freezer space and I think it looks better

Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator

Comments about Kenmore Side-by-Side Refrigerator 57072 / 57074 / 57076 / 57079:

We have had our Kenmore refrigerator for 11 years! I was discouraged by many people from getting a side by side, but I love it! I am so happy that we decided to buy this one. There is plenty of room on both sides. I can fit two gallons of milk, orange juice and grape juice on the top shelf alone. Plus, the freezer allows me to fit large frozen pizza boxes, which my kids love! I love that the ice machine dispenser allows me to have crushed ice and not just cubed. Who doesn't love crushed ice?! We live in a town that doesn't have the best water, so having the automatic water dispenser with filtered water is a definite plus as well. The only downside that I have with this fridge is the sounds that it makes when it is making new ice. However, I didn't notice it as much in the beginning. Now that the fridge is over a decade old, having things not run as smoothly is probably normal. Overall this refrigerator has held up nicely. We will definitely be getting another Kenmore side by side when it comes time to get a new one. Probably in stainless steel this time around.

Noise Level
I think it is just because it is getting older. I didn't hear these sounds as much in the beginning years.

• Temperature Control:

This refrigerator did not meet our expectations.

Comments about Kenmore Side-by-Side Refrigerator 57072 / 57074 / 57076 / 57079:

Not worth the money. Refrigerator side freezes produce even on lowest setting. Freezer space is limited in size, so no room for large, boxed items - like a pizza. Ice and water dispenser quit working a month after the warranty ran out. Thumbs down.

Noise Level
Not exceptionally noisy, but you can hear the fan running.

Interior Organization
Not enough width in the freezer to store large boxed items, like a pizza.

Temperature Control
Even on lowest setting, the refrigerator seemed to often freeze cucumbers, carrots and lettuce, no matter where they were stored.

Hard to reach the nooks and crannies!

Thought we would like the side-by-side style, but would rather go back to a freezer on top model - or the newer, freezer on the bottom style.

• Temperature Control:

I like this but don't think I would buy it again

from Cape Coral, FL

Comments about Kenmore Side-by-Side Refrigerator 57072 / 57074 / 57076 / 57079:

I like the Kenmore products, I always have and that is one of the main reasons why we bought this refrigerator for our condo. Sadly, it really hasn't lived up to its reputation which has been a disappointment to us. Overall, the refrigerator doesn't keep the food as cool as I wish it did, but if you turn it up just a little bit, then the food gets too cold and winds up being frozen. This is on MEDIUM setting. The ice maker has always made a heck of a racket, and its so loud that you can hear it in the next room. Thats annoying to me! Lastly, if you have a big family, I would never recommend this unit because there just truly isn't enough room! There are 3 of us in the family and we are constantly trying to be creative to find places to put our groceries. This refrigerator appears like it should be used by only one person or a family that eats very little foods that need to be frozen or refrigerated.

Very poor design, there's just no room!

Awesome fridge

Comments about Kenmore Side-by-Side Refrigerator 57072 / 57074 / 57076 / 57079:

This has been a very good fridge for us. I am able to move the shelves in the fridge with ease and little effort. I especially like all the space in the door for condiments and sodas and other things that dont have to stay quite as cool as other items. Never had ice/water in the door in a fridge before and I cannot live without it.

Noise Level
Hardly hear it run except for when the ice falls down! LOL

Interior Organization
As I said above, I like all the door space and the fact that the shelves move easily.

Temperature Control
We recently learned that the coils under the fridge need to be cleaned often and with a form of compressed air/ether mix. Vacuuming the dust wont help a lot. We had noticed a decrease in the coldness and the freezer quit all together. The coils were clogged! Working like a charm now!

Everything comes out of the fridge and I could almost get right in. I love that I can put everything in the sink and clean it with hot soapy water!

I live with a few door slammers and the doors are still in VERy good working condition!

I am not a fan of the large area that is taken up by the ice bin but wouldnt be able to live without the aut ice maker!

• Temperature Control:

Sturdy interior, easily breakable exterior

Comments about Kenmore Side-by-Side Refrigerator 57072 / 57074 / 57076 / 57079:

Love the water/ice dispenser the best -- a great ice maker as well. I

Three of the draws broke but the shelves are pretty sturdy! The shelves on the refrigerator door held up great excluding one -- but easily replaceable!

Would I buy this refrigerator again? Probably not... what with the 2 of the draws breaking and 1 shelf, I think I may need a bit more sturdy refrigerator.

Noise Level
WHAT NOISE? The only noise is when we use the ice or water dispenser but that is to be expected.

Interior Organization
Could be better. I'd like more compartments or draws to organize items. It just has large shelves and then a few drawers on the bottom (both refrigerator and freezer).

Temperature Control
The temperature setting is awesome! Although sometimes the water can come out luke-warm but once you get it going it comes out cool and fresh!

Due to the organization not being the greatest -- it's a piece-of-cake to clean.

Neutral.

Needs better organization design but great nonetheless

I bought a lemon

from Spokane, WA

Comments about Kenmore Side-by-Side Refrigerator 57072 / 57074 / 57076 / 57079:

The Deli drawer does the same, the meats age and the cheese "grows fur", mold.

• Temperature Control:

It is great . A wonderful product. Thank you again sears.......

from Shohola, PA

Comments about Kenmore Side-by-Side Refrigerator 57072 / 57074 / 57076 / 57079:

This refrigerator is the best one I have ever purchased. It has enough room to put in a 25 pound turkey as well as the whole weeks shopping. It is an easy clean refrigerator with spill proof shelves so anything that is spilled stays on the one shelf and not throughout the whole thing. Milk has never been so cold while the vegetables so crisp and fresh. Great job sears....

The best money you will ever spend on any refrigerator. You will have ice when you need it and the ease of the water in the door without opening it saves you money from not having to have it cool back down if the kids are in it too long or leave the door open after use. Mine is over 6 years old now and it has had children use the auto water and ice during the years without any problems. The children ages ranged from 3 through 10. I think they like to use it and that makes me happy that they are not asking for a glass of soda or something else with sugar.

Kenmore Coldspot side by side

from Houston, TX

On the refrigerator side:
The next two shelves are for leftovers and what not.
The side of the door holds condiments.

Temperature Control

The water filter however is another story.

I like that the refrigerator is on one side and the freezer on the other.

• Temperature Control:

Great appliance! Does the job well and is reliable.

from Parish, NY

Comments about Kenmore Side-by-Side Refrigerator 57072 / 57074 / 57076 / 57079:

This refrigerator is not too loud and I love the layout of the interior. It is very easy for me to store many items and reorganize things as needed. The temperature is easy to adjust. Overall I really enjoy this refrigerator and it is a great step up from the last one I had.