Other Vacuums:

Cons

Great vacuum

from Webster, MA

Comments about Kenmore Progressive HEPA Vacuum 3:

We bought this vacuum almost 10 years ago and it is a great vacuum. The only thing you have to do is change the bags. I'd actually prefer a bagless, but since this one is still going strong, there's no need to change. We used to use our vacuum constantly, now we don't use this one as often, but it works like it's new. We have never had any problems with it. We are very happy with it and would definetly consider another Kenmore when we look for another vacuum.

Maneuverability
It has decent maneuverability, but with it being an older version, I don't expect it to be fancy like the new vacuums they have now.

Ease of Maintenance
Other than changing with bags, there really is no maintenance. Or at least we haven't had any problems.

Suction Performance
Unless the bag is full, the suction is great. No problems.

Versatility
Easy to change from carpets to floors or attachments

Simple design, but does a good job, and that's what matters.

Has lasted almost 10 years, I'd say it's extremely durable. Though it's only used once a week, we used to have a shedding dog and it has always worked great.

• Versatility:

Very effective, very durable and easy to clean!

from Dearborn, MI

Comments about Kenmore Progressive HEPA Vacuum 3:

I have owned mine for over 10 years and it still performs as if I had just purchased it. I have a dog that sheds MASSIVE amounts of medium length, courser hair and this vacuum pulls it out of the carpet like magic! I recently changed the belt for only the second time since we purchased the vacuum (it even has an onboard belt holder for a spare) and I'm continually amazed at how well this vacuum has held up. It has a cool feature that tells you when an area is clean vs when it is still picking up dust/dirt in the area, and I find that very handy to have. All around a great vacuum, and I highly recommend it!

Great

from Warren, OH

Comments about Kenmore Progressive HEPA Vacuum 3:

This is a great product and it works to clean up the carpets very well. I am very satisfied with this and I would reccommend it to anyone who is in the market for buying a new cleaner for their home. It has a fresh scent when using it on the carpet and leaves nothing behind!

Great Vacuum!

from Iowa Park, TX

Comments about Kenmore Progressive HEPA Vacuum 3:

I will admit that I decided to try it only because of the Consumer Reports but also saw some negative reviews on it as well. I was hesitant as well because it was a more expensive vacuum that I've purchased in the past (granted it's not as much as others that are out there).  I got it to replace one that I only had two years before that one didn't suck up anything anymore so this was a night and day difference to that one.  I had to do a big cleaning the first time that I tried it and my floors looked so much better than they did before,  thanks to this vacuum.  You can also use it on bare floors and also with the attachments.  I have only had it a few months but so far it has worked great.  However, it is pretty heavy which works out all right in my one story house but it may be a different story if you have two or more floors to take it up and down the steps with.  Overall I recommend it.

Cheap vacuum that works well

from Jacksonville, OR

Comments about Kenmore Progressive HEPA Vacuum 3:

When my husband and I first got married we needed a vacuum, but didn't have a lot of money so we bought one of the cheapest we could find- this one.  I didn't expect it to live more than a couple of years but it's been eight years now and it's still going strong.  There's nothing fancy about it except maybe for the attachments (which I use frequently) but I've found it to work great.  It sucks stuff up off the floor like I'd expect a vacuum to do.  It looks like hell though after all this time, and the little hooks that hold the cord broke off awhile ago.  It has a light on the front that I don't think is terribly useful and wouldn't miss if it burned out, but perhaps it'd be a nice feature for someone else.

As another reviewer mentioned it's a little awkward to carry and about a year ago we had to replace a belt.  But the fact that we paid so little for it and it's still doing it's job after everything we've made it do makes it a decent vacuum cleaner in my book.  If you need an inexpensive vacuum that will live a long time this is the one for you!

KENMORE BE BETTER?

from Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Comments about Kenmore Progressive HEPA Vacuum 3:

This is the only household appliance I have ever owned that I have no complaints about..It always works, and does it well each time..Its supplies are available almost anywhere, even at my local food shopping center at a a great price....

I have not loved the Kenmore Upright Vacuum!

from Evanston, IL

Comments about Kenmore Progressive HEPA Vacuum 3:

So, this vacuum received great reviews by consumer reports magazine.  I was really excited to try it!  Ugh! We have not appreciated having this, but don't want to spend the extra money on a fancy Dyson...  So I guess you get what you pay for.  I was told the Dyson's are a top seller simply because you can see the dirt - and people supposedly liked that.  I believe it.  Well, with this one, I see the dirt, too - on the floor!  Sometimes this vacuum picks up the dirt, and sometimes it doesn't!  Sometimes it spits it right out the back of the vacuum so I have to vacuum the same area again!  Dont' buy this vacuum.  It's not incredibly heavy, but it is difficult to take up and down stairs.  It has a bit of an awkward feel to it.  One positive aspect about it is the brushes and extra tubing you can use to detail the rooms.  Honestly, the extra attachments work much better than the vacuum itself.