Other Vacuums:
Bagged Upright Vacuums, Canister Vacuums
Kenmore
Kenmore Progressive Bagged Canister Vacuum 21714

Kenmore Progressive Bagged Canister Vacuum 21714

Unless you have wall-to-wall carpet, this vacuum is a loser.

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Bagged Canister Vacuum 21714:

I have had Hoover cannisters for 30 years. Until now, I was pleased with the product. This new model, however, is awful. I have area rugs and this necessitates changing the attachments often. The bare floor attachment is like a broken foot. Everytime it is raised off the floor it has to be repositioned to function. I cannot imagine how this design was ever manufactured. I try to use the rug attachment on the bare floors, but it is very heavy and clumsy. I am very dissatisfied with this product.

Maneuverability
Heavy. Clumsy. Poor design.

Ease of Maintenance
Attachments not easy to remove. Ditto bag replacement.

I have no idea how long it will last.

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

The Kenmore Progressive Vaccuum is outstanding!

from Clifton Park, NY

Comments about Kenmore Progressive Bagged Canister Vacuum 21714:

I love this vaccuum! I was not disappointed when I bought the Kenmore Progressive Canister vac. Its easy to use, and the best part it really does clean and vaccuum up the dirt. Its two best features are the suction control, and the pet har attachment. These alone were the reason behind my repurchasing this vaccuum!

Maneuverability
This vaccum has a 360 degree swivel ability on the hose so it moves great. Its also got a prop up feature that you use on the vac. for the stairs that makes it easier to vacuum these.

Ease of Maintenance
There's not much to maintaining this vaccuum. Really all it entails is changing out your vaccum bags and cleaning up dust off the outside of the vacuum. One great thing is there is an indicator light that comes on when it is time to change the bag (it will be red.)

Suction Performance
I am very picky when it comes to vacuums. I have hated every one I have ever owned until this product. I bought this Kenmore Progressive 5 years ago and used to tell everyone it was the best vacuum ever! We upgraded about a week ago to the latest model(they upgraded some of the parts) and its even better then the first one. There are different levels of suction (this was a new feature) and I keep it on the best one and you can actually see the carpet get sucked up after you are done rolling the vacuum over it thats how strong it it.

Versatility
There are many different ways this vaccum can be used. It has both a bare floor and a carpet mode and it also comes with various attachments including my favorite pet powermate attachement. This attachment is like the mother of all attachments. It does stairs and furniture and the suction on this thing is incredible.

I like the design of the Kenmore Progressive vac. It simple and compact enough for this user.

I am not a fan of the flimsy plastic covers for the accessory dept. or the bag dept. On my last model these broke within 6 months and I was hoping they would have upgraded these as well. They didn't and I am anticipating having to call them for a replacement in the next 6 months or so. I hope not but they are flimsy. The rest of the vaccum is made very well and has stood up to a lot of abuse (hitting into wall corners, etc.)

• Maneuverability: