3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Good washer for the price for small spaces

I bought this washer to replace an all-in-one washer/dryer combo in my condo which was in a closet. I bought the matching dryer to go with it and have them stacked. It was great. It fit perfectly in the space and did a much better job of cleaning my clothes than the old one and was more efficient and quieter! For the price you can't beat it. I believe that Sears takes some of the best machines out there and rebrands them and sells them as Kenmore, so you are getting a good deal by buying Kenmore. I like having knobs to choose my settings rather than having everything all digital like the ones I see now. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I feel like I have more control with knobs :) And, it seems like it would be less likely to break having manual rather than electronic selections. Would recommend to anyone who wants to get rid of the all-in-one stacked washer/dryer and needs a good washer to fit in a small space. Can also be side by side and I think you can get pedestals to go underneath to give extra storage space.

Energy Efficiency
Noticeable difference in water bill.

Cleaning Time
Multiple settings for different types of washes which allows you to choose longer or shorter washing times.

Clean clothes!

Easy to understand knobs for settings.

It's a stackable washer, so not much you can do about design. But nice enough looking.

So far so good. Been using for years and no problems.

Not That Great

We bought the Kenmore High-Efficiency Front Load Washer when we first moved into our house. I was really excited to try out a front load washer, as we had always just bought the "cheap", top load washer with agitators. I honestly wasn't that impressed that I need to buy the drawer kit to place the washer on to make it an acceptable height for loading and unloading clothes. Although the drawer was convenient to keep miscellaneous items in because you really can't store laundry soap in it. The first thing I realized was, if you forget to add an item to the load and it has already started, you are either out of luck, or you can stop the washer, which then completely drains and then you have to start all over. The washer itself was pretty easy to use, and came with several cycles and wash temperatures to meet your needs. However, performance wise, I was totally unimpressed. The clothes never come out very clean, having to run another cycle and then still not great. You can't use liquid softener or it ends up pouring right onto the clothes and leaving oily looking spots. It goes off balance - A LOT. And I hate that you have to leave the door open and also run it on a wash drum cycle at least once a week or you get a nasty mildew-y smell.

Not That Great

from VA

• Cleaning Time:

Not a bad washer, but not the best washer. It has a few quirks.

Comments about Kenmore High-Efficiency Front Load Washer 4041:

I like the detergent dispenser and they settings such and dry clean. I also like the water saving feature. However, it take a long time for a cycle of this washer to run from start to finish. Also, the model rotates both right and left, which results in clothes coming out twisted in knots. I like the see through door on the front.

Energy Efficiency
I don't know how I'd figure this out, I have no other machine to compare it to. I think the cycle time is a little long, which uses up electricity.

Cleaning Time
The shortest cycle I could manage to figure out takes 45 minutes!! To me, that seems a little bit too long. I think a cycle that lasts half an hour sounds great! And how do these machines get labeled as "energy efficient" when they take so long to complete a cycle? That doesn't make any sense to me!

Clothes seemed clean, just twisted around each other so badly. The legs of my jeans were tangled in the sleeves of other things constantly.

LOVE IT!

Comments about Kenmore High-Efficiency Front Load Washer 4041:

I love this washer, probably the best I've ever had. Definitely worth the price, and the warranty covers a wide array of possible issues with the washer.

Energy Efficiency
Less electricity usage than my previous HE washer, and it has a much more thorough cleaning cycle

Cleaning Time
The fast cycle cleans very well, despite the speed of the cycle. The normal colors cycle is fast, time-wise, but is still is very thorough.

Very user friendly!

Very sleek looking and visually appealing. It is available in several different finishes, I chose the white machine and so far it isn't showing any marks.

I don't foresee having to replace this washing machine within the next 5 years, minimum.

• Cleaning Time:

Front loaders are the best

from Horseheads, NY

Comments about Kenmore High-Efficiency Front Load Washer 4041:

love that you don't have to get stuck to get your clothing out. Being a front loader makes it easy to get your items in and out. There are a ton of setting to make it easy to find the right thing for all types. Also I had an issue one day and called the company, they had me hit a serious of buttons and then it started to make a fax sound. They were able to tell me that the load was uneven and that is why it stopped and had an error message. so easy and so quick with no person coming to the house.

multiple settings and easy to use

sleek and love the buttons with colors

love that i can do large loads - makes it easy when I have a ton of towels or I have bedding to do.

Good washer for the price for small spaces

from Reston, VA

Energy Efficiency
Noticeable difference in water bill.

Clean clothes!

Easy to understand knobs for settings.

So far so good. Been using for years and no problems.

Love at first spin!

Comments about Kenmore High-Efficiency Front Load Washer 4041:

We have had our kenmore high efficiency front load washer for 3 years now. I don't have any complaints about it. One of my favorite features is that it does fit my comforter in it. I like that I can wash my bedding right at home now. I like the digital display so you can literally see in minutes how long the cycle has left. Whenever I run a hot cycle the water seems to fill up a little bit slower but that may also be my water supply and not the washers fault. Overall I like the Kenmore brand and this washer gets the job done! My clothes come out very clean.

High-Efficiency & Good Results

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Kenmore High-Efficiency Front Load Washer 4041:

This was my first experience with both a high-efficiency & a front-loading washer for home use. I've been very pleased. It cleans clothes well while using much less water. The spin cycle also is good at removing water from wet clothes, so they take less time to dry. The machine holds a good quantity of clothes, which means it takes less time to complete all the washing I have to do. I usually wash in cold water with high-efficiency laundry soap, & my clothes always come out fine. It also has a handwash cycle for more delicate materials, which is a nice bonus. My only real quibble is that it can be noisy when running a full load.

Energy Efficiency
It uses less water & more water is spun out of the clothes, so less time & electricity is needed when using the dryer.

Cleaning Time
Comparable to other washers.

Cleans clothes well with less water & soap than regular washer.

Front-loading feature is very convenient & easy on the back. All the features are easy to understand & use.

Well-designed for an efficient wash.

Has held up well so far for several years with frequently weekly use.

Kenmore surprises

from Kingfisher, OK

Comments about Kenmore High-Efficiency Front Load Washer 4041:

I called several places before settling on this one. I read some reviews and decided for the money this was going to be my best buy. I did not, however, expect to fall in love with this machine-I have!! It does an awesome job at cleaning clothes. Love the design--someone asked me if I had to have it serviced--because they had their front load for two years and the zippers got caught in the rubber several times. I was never told to check zippers, never have, never have had to have this machine serviced. It has performed beautifully. I cut out one star because we have had a really hard time getting this machine stabilized--so on final spin it makes A LOT of noise. I have on occasion had to stop the machine and start the final spin over again. Not a big deal considering all the positives--but that makes it four stars for me.

Energy Efficiency
Yep, love the energey efficiency of these new washing machines.

Cleaning Time
Did an awesome job in a much shorter time than my other washing machine.

I have absolutely NO complaints about this machine as far as its cleaning abilities.

SUPER easy to use--couldn't be easier.

Not sure if it is the design that causes it--but it often becomes unbalanced and gets loud. I try to balance the load when putting it in--but still have the problem.

Has lasted for years through TONS of washing of VERY dirty clothes. Still love this washing machine.

Great washer, would recommend

from Charleston, WV

Hi-

I would definitely recommend this washer to many!  It has an easy digital setting so you can easily read it, on what settings you have displayed.  It has different cycles, ofcourse, heavy duty, regular, light, & ultra delicate.  Which every washer needs the ultra delicate, as you never know when you'll need to wash a special item.

The front loader is convenient and easy to use...load & unload.  The high efficiency even makes for better & cleaner washing.  Also, has a timer on it, that will say how long it will take in minutes to finish washing and drying.  The dryer matches it, and is just as good as washer.  I personally have never had any problems with the washer or dryer.  I have had this item for almost 3 years.

Also, the price on this washer is really affordable.  I know there a several different washer and dryers out there, but this one will do the job!  It is affordable and very good quality as well.

Have a good day!

This washer makes my laundry life easier!!

from Clinton, IN

Comments about Kenmore High-Efficiency Front Load Washer 4041:

I love my Kenmore White 3.1 cu. ft. High Efficiency Front Load Washer Energy Star.  Having the front loader makes doing laundry a lot easier.  The options on this washer are outstanding.  I would recommend this washer to anyone!