Other Washing Machines:

Pros

Cons

• Energy Efficiency:
    • Cleaning Time:

This machine has a large capacity and is a top loader.

I love my top loading machine. I have nothing bad to say about it. I'm young, so bending over and into the tub doesn't bother me in the slightest. I actually prefer a top loader over a front loader. For me, top loading machines hold more, don't leak, don't make as much of a racket, they seem to use more water and thus rinse better, and I have an easier time loading my machine.

This machine has been serving me wonderfully.

Energy Efficiency
I don't know how energy efficient it is because I have no real measure, however, the wash cycles usually run about a full hour or an hour and a half from start to finish so I can only imagine that it is using a fair bit of energy to run this long. It has a warm, warm cycle which would use up a lot of energy and it even has warm rinses available. I choose cold, cold always.

Cleaning Time
It has lower cycles I can set my items on but it doesn't dash as hard or as long. I can tolerate the hour to hour and half cycles just fine, but I wish there were shorter cycles that just dashed a bit harder.

I love my machine. It performs well everytime. The only time I have had any issues with my washer is when I used some of the cleaning pods and they left behind residue.

This machine is super easy to use. I set my cycle on delicate or regular or even heavy duty, I choose which water temperature setting I prefer, and then I press the start button. The lid needs to be down before it starts dashing (my old Kenmore would dash no matter what position the lid was in).

The machine is a bit bulky and I feel with modern advances, it could be so much lighter. Other than the weight, I love the machine. I wish it had a place to hand the cord when I unplug it though. I resolved this issue by handing a screweye in the wall.

My last Kenmore was nearly as old as I am (mid-twenties). This one has held up well for me for the last two years. I tried a Hotpoint and went through two before I opted to get a refund and get a pricier, but better Kenmore.

So so

I don't think this washer gets my clothes as clean as my old washer did.

Energy Efficiency
I don't really have anyway to tell how much energy it uses but it...Read complete review

I don't think this washer gets my clothes as clean as my old washer did.

Energy Efficiency
I don't really have anyway to tell how much energy it uses but it was rated good

Cleaning Time
I am surprised how long it takes for this washer to run a cycle

Hopefully the clothes are clean but the whites weren't white to begin with. I have learned a few things and it better now. I was told by the dealer that one mistake I was making is you shouldn't use liquid softener or your whites won't get white.

It is very easy to use. It is digital and you can't go wrong

I wish I had bought a washer with an agitator to get the clothes really clean.

I guess I haven't had it long enough to know for sure but it seems to be holding up alright.

fantastic machine!

from Blacksburg, VA

Comments about Kenmore Elite Washing Machine:

I love this washing machine. It has multiple settings, from handwash to heavy duty bedding and sanitize. It adjusts the water level to the amount of clothes in it automatically. 2 small pieces of clothes and the level is less than 4 inches. Filled to the top and the water is to the top. So many options for what you need to wash and without a standard agitator there is a ton more room--along with it being a bigger washer anyway. I can fit a basket and a half of clothes to wash every cycle. standard wash cycle takes an hour and it spins the clothes to almost dry. I have washed formal wear and winter coats that are dry clean only without incidence in it.

too many choices to wash! sometimes I can't decide which button I want.

• Energy Efficiency: