3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

overall, best design model/price when compared to other brands

Love my new fridge. I have the stainless version, with no icemaker in door. Wanted to save the room for storage in the fridge area. Only drawback of this, is that you have to keep stooping down to get ice every time, and yes, if you're not careful, the ice slips out of your hand, through the freezer bottom and down to the ground. The drawers have wide gratings.  They should have made them closer together, in cross pattern, so things don't slip through so easily.  Other things slip down into the bottom of the freezer as well.

Otherwise, it works well, and cleans up pretty easily. Holds a lot of food. we put a whole pizza box inthere, medium sized - and it fits with room to spare on the side for other things.

There's also a drawer on the bottom of the fridge section that slides out (convenient) for easy loading of sodas and juices and whatever else, witth a partition that allows you to put other things on the other side, so I use it to store cheeses and deli meat. nothing wider than a soda can can fit, but it holds a lot of bacon and deli meat and cheese.

I COULD NOT BE FOUND IN THE SYSTEM

Purchased my Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator with Bottom Freezer app. 3wks ago. After owning it 2 weeks I opened the freezer to find everything was covered in ice like the old refigerators that need defrosting and all my ice froze together. Later that day the temperature started rising in the freezer. I called customer service and after going through several recordings I talked with a gentlemen I could barely understand who told me              I COULD NOT BE FOUND IN THE SYSTEM.   Then he transfered me to someone else who said  I COULD NOT BE FOUND IN THE SYSTEM she started to transfer me on when I told her how bad the customer service was and that I had planned to buy a stove and dishwasher but it wouldn't be from sears if this is the kind of service I was going to recieve. She started taking info then and said I would be called the next day to have a appointment set for repairs. 2 days later no call. I went into the store to try for help to be told I COULD NOT BE FOUND IN THE SYSTEM. ....to make a long story short I am still battling it and still hearing I COULD NOT BE FOUND IN THE SYSTEM. I have finally got a repair date in 4 days the same day my husband has to go back to the doctor after surgery, when I told the repair man I could not guarentee we would be home due to this he rudly told me that was the day they would be here no other day was available! I called the store again to be told.......you guessed it........ I COULD NOT BE FOUND IN THE SYSTEM. Don't think my kitchen will be fully staffed with Kenmore! If they would only take care of this problem I do love the size and style of this refrigerator. I just want it to work right with little problem.

We have had ours for over a year and LOVE IT!

from Albert Lea, MN

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

Love this refrigerator! It is beautiful in the kitchen and runs well. Easy to adjust temperature settings; ice; lights; love the pull out freezer drawer on the bottom! Very convenient to use.

Noise Level
Very quiet. You do not even realize it is running, it is so quiet!

Interior Organization
I never seem to have enough room....in any refrigerator! Overall I would say the interior works quite well for an average family.

Temperature Control
Easy to set temps for the freezer and the refrigerator compartments. Displays are very easy to use and see. Nice set-up!

Shelves very easy to clean and are dishwasher safe! Have had no spill , even the messy ones, which could not be cleaned up easily!

Seems to be standing the test of time...we have had zero problems with our fridge. Thank you Kenmore!

Overall the design is good...I always feel it could be better, how I am not sure, but there is always room for improvement.

• Temperature Control:

Refrigerator is not frost free

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

This refrigerator started frosting up after eight months. Repair guy came out and told me that the company tells him to tell people with this model to put vaseline on the gaskets! After the warranty ran out, in one year, the company would not refund my money, replace the gaskets, or give me a new refrigerator, even though there is now snow and ice in the freezer. This thing is a piece of garbage. I will NEVER buy a Kenmore product, again.

NOisy icemaker/ temps off

from New Town, AA

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

This refridgerator is soundless, until the ice drops. one problem with this is that the ice accumulates in the bottom drawer freezer, which you pull out. The icemaker doesn't seem to automatically stop making ice when full, so when you pull out the freezer drawer, it shaves off the top layers of icecubes and they fall behind the freezer drawer-- which means you can't close the drawer, and you have to clean up the ice off the floor behind the drawer. This is not easy as you have to reach over the drawer to the back of the refridgerator. I ended up turning off the icemaker. Kenmores usually have noisy icemakes/ without the icemaker, you can't tell this refridgerator is running it is so quiet. The temp controls on the fridge don't seem to be working right tho, either lettuce is freezing or the tomatoes/produce are rotting. Can't seem to get it adjusted correctly. I've had this refridgerator for about 8 months. I probably would not buy this model again due to the difficulty getting the temp adjusted to our needs.

Wonderful ! Kenmore Elite

from Brookwood, AL

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

I Love this refrigerator ! It has worked great for our family of 5. The design is very Elegant and work's great with our layout of our Kitchen ! It has large storage drawers that pull out and are deep enough for Cabbage or lettuce with is a plus at my house. It also has a pull out botton drawer for drink's but we don't buy Soda alot so we use it for Apples and Oranges. It is perfect for my 4 and 5 year old's who want a quick snack and they both can reach this thier self's. The bottom freezer is very large and it has a top shelf that I use to store food's that I have prepared. Also, If my kid's leave the door open it has an alarm that sound's in 1 minute of time, Which is nice. The water despencer is low enough for all my kid's to get thier own water. Also the bottom freezer the drawer is easily opened so my kid's can open by them selves and get thier own pop cicles, which I like since I'm a busy Mom. I would recommend this Refigerator.

Stay far away

from Mentor, OH

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

Engineering disasters. I have owned two kenmore refrigerators and one dishwashing unit. Biggest waste of money. These products have a planned obsolescence of 4-5 years. My son fixes these things for a living. The product is crap and we are suckers for continuing to purchase the garbage this company puts out.

Terrible!

from Palm Coast, FL

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

I wanted a princess door, stainless steel refrigerator to put in our new house. And Kenmore has always been a "good word" in our house. We've had good luck with other Kenmore appliances: They are sturdy, reliable, long lasting, well made. Where the heck did this one go wrong?

First of all, we noticed the doors don't shut correctly. They have to be manually shut. They don't shut and seal like other normal refrigerators. So, we would be sitting in the family room and hear the "beeping" sound of the refrigerator telling us that a door is ajar. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

However.

Secondly, the thing started to rust. RUST! Little tiny patches of rust started to pop up all over the front of the refrigerator. When I start asking around, people ask me what I am using to clean it. (I use the Weimer's Stainless Steel Wipes.) But really. Caring for stainless steel isn't rocket science. I have since learned that rusting in stainless steel has to do with the nickel content. Cheap stainless steel rusts. AND THIS REFRIGERATOR SURE AS HE** wasn't cheap.

The icemaker is a pain in the butt, too. It has to be situated "just right" to make ice. If it is a millimeter off to the front or back, it doesn't work.

I do like the in door water feature. IT helps with the drippage and clean up of three children who have a fascination with water features on refrigerators.

This purchase has upset me a lot, in many ways. A refrigerator isn't something one should have to think about...it is something that should just WORK, and be dependable and reliable. We thought we paid for that, but I guess not.

Is this where Kenmore is heading: Chintzy and cheap?

Like the idea, but still needs some work!

from North Richland Hills, TX

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

I have this fridge. It's overall a nice fridge but not for the price. It keeps the food fresh and I love that you can see the temp. Also mine has a water spout on the inside of the fridge which is by far the BEST thing about this fridge. No matter what I did I always seemed to get fruit flies in my water dispensers when they are on the outside of the fridge, but with water spout being inside, it's just perfect! The freezer has the icebox in it and it sucks... it always drops ice and sure if you open it slow it won't but with kids well... it's a pain. The doors can be difficult at times, but I do love the way they open! The fridge to me would be totally worth the money if they moved the icebox to the inside of the door where the water spout is. That would make it a great fridge and all the other little nitpicky things would not seem so bad.

Dependable and lasts for years

from Antelope, CA

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

We purchased the Kenmore Elite French Door several years ago and it works really well for us. It has double doors at the top and a freezer drawer at the bottom. My mother in law liked it so much that she went out and bought one as well. I like that it keeps the food fresh and long lasting and cool. I like all the little compartments it comes iwth so I can store food separately and all the containers attached to the doors are movable so you can customize it the drawers to your needs and move the shelves as well. It is very roomy and also has temperature control. The few thigns I dont like about it are that the freezer makes too much ice sometimes, the door alarms goes off frequently when putting away groceries so it can get annoying or when I am putting a baby down to sleep and the fridge door is open. overall, dependable and will last you y ears but has its cons.

My Kenmore refrigerator

from Wilton, IA

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

I liked the appearance and recessed handle feature. I also like the top mount freezer and energy star rating. The ajustable door trays is also very nice. This refrigerator has a great inside depth. This refrigertor has spillproof shelves and this feature is great. Also, this refrigertor has a neat feature,humidity controlled crisper drawers.

What I do not like is the placing of the vents in the freezer section,it is hard to avoid blocking them. I do like the depth of the freezer. Another thing I do like is the temperature control panel location in the refrigerator unit,this placing is really terrible, it interferes with placing large itiems on the top shelve.

Finely,my husband did not like how the wheels worked when moving the refrigertor.

Best Refrigerator So Far

from Goose Creek, SC

Comments about Kenmore Elite Trio French Door Refrigerator:

We bought our Kenmore refrigerator over six years ago when we purchased our first home. We liked the idea of a side by side, but they always seemed not to have as much room as a traditional fridge. When I saw the Kenmore with the side by side on top and the freezer on the bottom, I was in love! The refrigerator section (top) has tons of space on the shelves and in the doors. I really like the pull out drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator section. I find it is a good place to store baked goods that usually take up a lot of room when placed on a shelf. The freezer is also a good size and holds lots of items. Ours has an ice maker, which we don't often use, so we can take the tray out to allow for additional storage if needed. This refrigerator really is the best of both worlds. Highly recommend!