2.4

2.4

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

It doesn't use enough water to get the clothes clean.

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer and dryer in January 08'.  I am happy with the dryer but I don't like the washer.  It doesn't use enough water to get the clothes clean.  It has a built in sensor that adjusts how much water it uses so you have no choice in that.  You can select the soil level and spin speed.  It does okay on several small items, but on large things like mattres pads it doesn't do a good job.  A nice feature is has, It self adjusts and levels so your load never gets out of balance.  I am pleased that it uses less water, but I feel it doesn't use enough.

Horrible Horrible Washing Machine

Cleaning Time
What cleaning? I don't believe this machine cleans. It just dumps a little water on your clothes with some detergent to...Read complete review

Cleaning Time
What cleaning? I don't believe this machine cleans. It just dumps a little water on your clothes with some detergent to alter the smell.

Would you like to take only sponge baths for the rest of your life? That's all this washing machine does: it gives your clothes a sponge bath. I finally caught it on the "wash" cycle, so I pushed Stop and opened the lid to find "moist" clothes in the bottom of the barrel. I was hoping to find water at least about an inch over the top of the towels, but no. This is not like a TRUE washing machine that actually uses lots and lots of water to let your clothes swish and swim around in the barrel. No, no, this one just dumps a little water on your clothes until they're barely wet, then it does something that we're supposed to think of as "washing" and we're expected to think of them as clean. No wonder the bath towels smell sour half the time. They aren't TRULY being cleaned, in my opinion. I'm thoroughly disgusted by the idea of wearing any clothes that have been washed in this machine. Do yourself a favor and get another brand and don't get a water saver brand. There seems to be no way to override the "water saving" (aka inferior cleaning) mode of this machine. I hate this machine and I wish it had never come into this house. Yuck! I feel like I'm wearing clothes that have been used to mop a locker room.

Aside from the lack of enough water to give me confidence that the clothes are actually clean, this machine would be a lot better if you could pour large amounts of detergent, fabric softener, and bleach into all the different compartments instead of having to add these liquids for each load. Or what should I do? The owner's manual says to only put enough of these liquids in for single loads, but there are "fill lines" on the machine, itself, leading me to think that maybe it's supposed to hold enough for several loads. Not that it matters, really. With as little water as this machine uses, I'm afraid to add anything like fabric softener or bleach. I don't feel like very much of it would be rinsed away.

Assuming "design" includes the mechanics of it, it's strange. Most of the loads of bath towels we wash end up off-balance, but we can just hit stop, then start, without touching the towels to redistribute them and the cycle finishes without a problem. It only happens on towels, though.

I'm not sure how long we've had this machine...maybe a couple or three years. Sometimes water runs out all over the floor. We haven't figured out exactly why because it doesn't happen every time.

I would never buy again

from Hebron,CT

Pros

Cons

• Leaky
    • Shakes/Moves

Comments about Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Top Load Washer:

Bought this unit in 05.Within 12 months machine started banging and bouncing all over the floor.Giving a UL code.Had technician out to fix.Was some recall.No charge.Within 3 months started again.Would have to constantly stop machine and rearrange load.Then about 2 years ago I have water leaking.I now have to wash on the slow speed setting and keep the load of clothes to a minimum.Sometimes its ok and other times not.Never will buy again.

Low quality and poor design

Comments about Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Top Load Washer:

Kid's clothes do not get clean due to the low water level. The water savings from the high efficiency design equates to about 1 minute of shower time or 2 toilet flushes. The high efficiency pitch is only a gimmick. This machine has a defect with the suspension rods, that cause it to go out of balance after 24 months of use (UL CODE BLINKING). Lid hinge will also break. Repairman was very familiar with this model due to its high failure rate, he even had duplicate parts in his truck.

Old agitator kenmore lived 24 years
      Oasis Kenmore on life support after 3 years

Clothes are dirty, not enough water, high efficiency model is code for you have to wash it twice

Lid will break at hinge, suspension will fail, rendering machine useless unit rods are replaced. Well known issue with tech's

• Cleaning Time:

Not a happy buyer! Would rather have my 15 yr old washer back!

Comments about Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Top Load Washer:

I've had this washer for 3 years. I don't see any efficiency. The detergent doesn't rinse away and it gets offo kilter easily with sheets and towels.

Energy Efficiency
      I haven't noticed a difference. The dryer is worse.

I have used liquid detergent until recently when I saw that Tide has a HE powder. I recently washed sheets and when I pulled them out they had gobs of gooey detergent stuck to them.

The tub is breaking into pieces.

• Cleaning Time:

Absolutle garbage. Worst Kenmore product I have ever owned.

Comments about Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Top Load Washer:

Constantly broken down. Multiple repairs, mother boards, etc. Most frustrating piece of junk I have ever owned with the matching dryer coming in 2nd place

Okay

Long wash cycles

Easy to use

Garbage

Terrible investment

• Cleaning Time:

worse product for performace I have ever purchased

terrible

No stars - do not buy

doesn't work

not reliable - do not leave the house if you are using this product

again, does not work even after numerous repairs/replacement of parts

doesn't work-so horrible design

horrendous

• Cleaning Time:

This is the worst product from Sears we have ever purchased!

Comments about Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Top Load Washer:

This product is constantly having "issues." We have repair people out here every month or two. PLUS, we have to wait forever for the repair people, because they are so backlogged.
      We have had many components on this machine replaced, some more than once.
      A dealer told us recently that this model is made to only wash FIVE loads a week!! An Elite, top of the line model? FIVE loads??...There are two people in our house. What are people with two or more kids supposed to buy? An industrial model???

Energy Efficiency
      It's okay, I guess...Our electricity bill is not too bad.

Not a problem here.

Breaks down too often. Repair times very NOT satisfactory.

Things get twisted, knotted, poofed up in a strange way.

Obviously, the design is terrible, if there are so many breakdowns.

Bought in 2006. Should be still working, since it cost so dang much.

Horrible Horrible Washing Machine

• Cleaning Time:

Oasis is the Worse washer ever!!

from Algonac, MI

Comments about Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Top Load Washer:

Do not buy, I'm waiting for this washer to break down so I can get a new type of washer. I wash the clothes like it is directed, like all of the same types of fabrics together and it still ties them in knots (how do clothes get clean it they are all balled up in a knot?) and then it becomes unbalanced and will not spin. Long sleeve shirts and long pants are the worst! I don't think this washer gets my clothes clean enough and I always have it go through the soak cycle with every wash to try and get my clothes cleaner, also using HE detergent with stain busting agents. I wish I would have never bought this oasis machine. I've had this washer for over three years and it just won't break down for me! I'm actually thinking about getting a new washer even if this oasis is still running.

Oasis HE is GARBAGE

from Angleton, TX

Comments about Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Top Load Washer:

Don't even consider buying this machine...it is a HUGE hazard! My machine does NOT clean clothes well, some clothes barely even get wet, let alone clean. The loads go off balance FREQUENTLY, and the control panel freaks out and does what it wants INCLUDING starting to spin with the lid open and your hand inside trying to remove clothing. Sometimes it just turns on by itself and starts spinning...It is a TOTAL piece of JUNK!!!!!! Cant wait for it to die so I can have a NORMAL washing machine!

Energy Efficiency
      This machine costs more to operate than a normal machine in my opinion since it adds time EVERYTIME the load goes off balance!

• Cleaning Time:

Kenmore Oasis is best washing machine I have used.

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Top Load Washer:

The Kenmore Oasis HE washer is the best washing machine I have used. It is simple to use and looks great. It was a big upgrade from our previous washing machine, and has completely lived up to our expectations. It has a large capacity and gets the job done with less detergent and shorter cycles than anything else I have used. All the fancy electronic settings looked a little intimadating for someone who had previously been used to using a washer from the stone age, but it really is quite intuitive and having the time remaining on the washer really is helpful in making sure you know when to come back down to change the load to the dryer. We definitely prefer this model to the standard HE washer that is front load. You can add an additional laundry item without having the entire machine be drained. Plus it is a normal height without having to add an additional cost drawer to. It was fun to do laundry and still is a little bit even after 5 months. It is in our basement and is quiet enough that I can still study without distraction.