Other Clothes Dryers:
Electric Dryers
Kenmore

Kenmore Elite HE5 Dryer

Pros

• Energy efficient (14)
  • Adjustable temperature (12)
  • Easy to use (12)
  • Large capacity (12)
  • Works quickly (12)

Cons

• Loud (8)
  • Hard to clean (6)
  • Unreliable (5)

• Everyday clothes (14)
  • Bulky items (11)
  • Sheets & mattress covers (8)
  • Delicate (7)
  • Towels (7)
    • Load Capacity:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (12), Heavy duty user (4), Occasional user (4)
    • I received a sample (8), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

Fast Drying, No Hassle

This is one of the fastest dryers I have ever used. Doesn;t seem to matter if I am drying a load of towels, a load of jeans or heavy comforters and quilts, my clothes are snuggly soft and dry in no time at all. The dryer operates quickly, and I oftentimes forget that it is even turned on. The dryer turns itself off when the clothes are dried. This prevents clothes from being damaged and also prevents any undue damage to the machine itself. Quite impressive if you ask me.

EvenHeat technology is featured in the dryer to ensure that clothes come out dry all over without those annoying damp spots. Talk about awesome technology!

The controls are easy to use, so you're always getting the job done in a hurry. They're sturdy and easy to see, and that is always something that I can appreciate about an appliance. And, thanks to its large capacity, you'll reduce the loads that you dry in half. The machine is durable, operates easy and really makes life easy. You can choose from several different settings on the dryer as well.

I would not purchase this dryer again

I was so excited to purchase this item, but even more so disappointed with the results.

After about a week, I noticed a "thumping" noise when it was running. So, I called service department and the repairman said there was a "flat" spot of the drum, causing a roll-thump, roll-thump, roll-thump. He stated it would not affect performance and did not replace it.
Then about 1 month after the warranty expired, it would not dry clothes completely. It would take 2 hours, and they would still be wet. After some self investigation, the steam nozzle, which protrudes into the drum (bad design, as some clothes get snagged on it) was continually dripping. Of course it would, it is right in the line of fire of pants buttons, stud decorations on pockets, and heavy towels rolling around. So, I disconnected the water line and stopped using the steam function.
Even on the lowest setting for heat, you cannot touch a zipper, clasp or anything metal on your clothes or you get burned.
Everything comes out wrinkled. I've tried each individual setting with the same results.
The timer keeps switching time remaining. With heavy loads like towels, it dried them for 110 minutes. Then resets to dry for another 136 minutes, nearly 4 hours of run time.
Sears repairman visits are ridiculously high. But, if you pay nearly 1/3 of the original cost of the machine, they guarantee your satisfaction.
I would stay away from this model at all costs. Even if it means drying your clothes on a piece of wire tied between two trees in your back yard.

successfull

from ksa

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Loud

successfull

nice product

from Algeria

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
  • Large Capacity
  • Works Quickly

Cons

• Hard to Clean Lint Filter

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE5 Dryer:

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll yes

I will buy this product once again

from Benghazi LY

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Works Quickly

• Towels

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE5 Dryer:

I can not imagine a house without a washing machine and I can not imagine a washing machine except lg
    It is always the best in the world of washing machines

It good

from Syahya

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Energy Efficient

Cons

• Unreliable

Woow

Beautiful and wonderful product

from san jose ca

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
    • Energy Efficient

Cons

• Loud

Beautiful and wonderful product

Kenmore Elite HE5 Dryer Reviews

from maroc

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
    • Large Capacity

Cons

• Hard to Clean Lint Filter
    • Unreliable

goog manifique

love

from los angeles

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Energy Efficient

Cons

• Hard to Clean Lint Filter

love it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would buy this product

from Marrakech

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Energy Efficient
    • Works Quickly

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE5 Dryer:

Spend less time ironing - SteamCare™ Touch Up relaxes wrinkles from loads left in the dryer or laundry basket too long

Get the fastest and gentlest drying - EvenHeat™ technology reduces over-drying and the length of cycles (Among leading brand dryers)
      Dry lay-flat items like shoes and hats with the touch of button when you select Rack Dry - the Heated Dryer Rack dries three times faster than any other drying rack (Among leading brand dryers).
      Easily dry large loads - dry bulky items like comforters with a 7.5 cu. ft. capacity.
      Get steam, hassle-free - a Y-connector uses the same water line for the washer and dryer so you don't have to add water manually
      Refresh without washing - SteamCare™ Refresh cycle relaxes wrinkles and removes odors in minutes so clothes are fresh, dry and ready to wear
      Enjoy peace and quiet - Quiet Pak™ 9 sound insulation keeps noise and vibration to a minimum.

The perfect Dryer

from Piscataway, NJ

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
      • Easy To Use
      • Energy Efficient
      • Large Capacity
      • Works Quickly

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE5 Dryer:

When i started using this dryer my life got easier, it's very simple to use, even for people who is not used to wash clothes. It has not presented any problem

from USA.NEW YORK CITY

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Adjustable Temperature
        • Easy To Use
        • Energy Efficient
        • Quiet

Cons

• Hard to Clean Lint Filter
        • Loud
        • Unreliable

• Towels

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE5 Dryer:

i use Kenmore Elite HE5 Dryer and she was amzing for me she washing all cloths and all the things in the washer and the sound is very quit and she had a very nice disign i hope for any one read my comment to know this is very nice washer and very help ful for any one