Other Washing Machines:
Front Load Washers
Kenmore
Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer

Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer

Kenmore Elite HE3t Washing Machine Outperforms them all!

I did a lot of research before purchasing the Kenmore Elite HE3t washing machine. I also talked to someone who owned one. Everything that I read and heard was that this was a fastatic machine. You don't often find people who are excited about a washing machine but after owning it I see why. Even though it's very expensive (we paid around 1200 for it) it's been well worth it. It's the best washing machine I've ever owned and I've had 3 of them.

The machine only uses a minimum amount of water (just what it needs to get the clothes clean) so you save on your water bill. You also don't have to guess which water level to choose, it figures that out for you. All you do is pick your cycle and your water temp and press start. It washes the clothes and spins them out so well that it also saves on drying time. You can wash clothes really quick (around 30 minutes for the casual cycle) or if something is really nasty or you have a huge load (like towels) you can use the "sanitize" cycle. The clothes come out fresh and clean as they can be. With a wild 3 year old who is constantly dirty and a husband that works outside a lot, this washer was needed and it hasn't dispappointed us!

Another nice feature is that you can wash King Size comforters in it so that saves money on taking them elsewhere to be cleaned. We have several family members who have asked to bring their comforters over to wash them.

If you want clothes that are clean and fresh and want to be able to do big loads and save on water, this washer will not disappoint. I read someone say this and its true, *"if you can fit it into the machine, you can wash it".* Other washers can't do this, they either stop or leave the item dirty!

There is only one problem that I have found, if you have really small things like baby socks or little kids socks, they somehow can get into the drain and give an error.  If you use a mesh bag, you don't have the problem.

Not reliable as it should be

I have had a Kenmore Elite HE3 Washing machine for about 5 years now.  One of the reasons I bought it was for the reliability of the Kenmore Brand.  I've already had 2 service calls on it and am about to have another one.   It often fills up with water on its own.  The Plastic band between the drum and the door has twisted up twice.  This morning when I woke it, it was running on its own, completely full of water and will not drain.  I had to unplug it to get it to stop.   If it was 10-15 years old, I wouldn't be so upset but we spent alot of money on this set and I'm not happy at all.   I would not buy another one.

-10 stars is not enough

from Dewnver, Colorado

Pros

• Adjustable Settings

Cons

• Breaks Down

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer:

THis washer is very load sensitive, need to watch what you put in the washer.
    It breaks down more often than a VW,it has too many filters constantly need to be cleaned out, many you cant get to with out taking the machine apart. Electronic reading constant throwing error codes and it has way too many digital sensors that goes defective. The auto door lock CAN NOT be over ride by the power button, sometimes even after turnming the poweroff......over all its very costly to repair.

Only thing it's good for is single lady owner that want to hook up with the repairman. You will meet lots of them

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

BAD Washer

from WDC

About Me Occasional User

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Down

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer:

I've already had 2 service calls on it and am about to have another one.I have error code ever time I wash the cloth will not drain.give me hard time ever time I used I would not buy another one.

Kenmore Elite front loader washing machine is very good!

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer:

Very happy with this purchase. Washer works like a champ with TONS of features!

Energy Efficiency
      Energy Star compliant and seems to be very efficient.

Cleaning Time
      Many options from a SHORT wash to a SUPER RIDICULOUS cleaning job of three hours!

Top of the line washing machine at the time of purchase - works like a CHAMP!

Push button, add laundry and products and viola!

This washer is more than halfway made by BMW - it is beautiful!

Rockin this washer for YEARS without one single problem!

• Energy Efficiency:
      • Cleaning Time:

Love, love, love, love it!!!

from Weston, ID

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer:

I never imagined that I would have a washing machine like this. But when my old washing machine died, I decided to go for it and get the machine of my dreams (at least the one I could afford). And I'm so glad that I did!!! This machine is easy to use, has a variety of great settings, and is super quiet. I also love that it has a timer. So I can set it the night before to turn on early in the morning. A great washing machine for any homemaking mom who has lots of little ones running around. Never a problem. Works like a charm. Merry Christmas to me!!!

Energy Efficiency
      Absolutely saves water, electricity, and detergent!!!

Cleans it all...and I know. My husband works with horses and is a welder. So you can imagine the dirty laundry that comes my way. Not to mention 4 little ones who play outside. This machine cleans it all!!!

• Energy Efficiency:
      • Cleaning Time:

Kenmore Elite HE3t Washing Machine Outperforms them all!

from Dallas, GA

Not reliable as it should be

from Howard, OH

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer:

The Kenmore HE3 is great for large loads, but has its problems.

from Citrus Heights, CA

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer:

I have owned the Kenmore HE3 washing machine for about 4 years now.  I purchased it for the large capacity as I have a very large family and wanted to cut down on my wash loads. I also was sold on the idea of it being gentler on clothes.

This machine is great at handling large loads, but only on certain cycles.  I attempted to do my gentles, which consisted of baby clothes, girls dresses, men's and boy's dress shirts and delicate undergarments, in the washer on the delicate cycle.  Each time I did this the washer would leak water out of the door.  I had three different repair orders for this problem and was told by the last person that my loads were too big and I was putting too much soap into the dispenser.  I was surprised to hear this and told this person that the reason I purchased this was because of the ability to have large loads.  I stopped using the delicate cycle and made a custom program setting with the normal cycle and have not had a problem since.

Although, it does seem to be gentler on clothes, during the first year of using it one of the screws came loose inside the washer and tore up a few shirts that belonged to my husband.  This problem was fixed by the first person that came out, but that did not fix the shirts that were already ruined.

One final problem is the fact that unless you purchase the pedalstools to the machine you would need to bend or kneel to get the clothes out of the washer.  I wouldn't suggest having the washer without this accessory.

I would recommend the purchase of this machine despite the problems I have had, but with the suggestions of the corrections I made in usage.

My Kenmore Elite HE3t barely squeaked out the warranty

from Pennsburg, PA

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer:

I enjoyed my Kenmore Elite HE3t for its size and efficiency for the five years I was able to use it, but a month before the warranty on the motor was up, I started getting error codes, and by the time I figured out what was going on it was a goner.  For such an expensive machine, I would really have liked to have gotten a little more time out of it.  Of course, it did look funny sitting next to the 30 year old dryer that is still running fine...

I am not completely sold on the Kenmore Elite Front Loader

from Cunningham, TN

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer:

I love so much about this washer, but I don't know if it is that much better than a regular top loading washer. I really don't think you can get as many towels in it as they say you can and still get them all clean. Because it doesn't have an agitator, it seems like you have to put smaller loads in it to get your clothes clean. The door doesn't have a great latch on it, so closing it sometimes takes a few attempts. It really is a pain if you need to add just "one more sock" to a load after the front loading lock engages. The biggest complaint I have is that you have to be VERY careful what types of detergents or softeners you use in this machine. ANY liquid products will begin to grow the most insidious mold on the inside of the drum that you cannot see, but will make all of your clothes smell really foul. You have to only use powders and make sure to always leave the door open to let it dry out between loads.

Not enough water to clean ==bad smell and dirty clothes

from Cedar Park, TX

Comments about Kenmore Elite HE3t Front Load Washer:

I have had this machine for about 3 years. Hate it! The washer does not use enough water to clean clothes unless you wash maybe one towel at a time or 4 t shirts and 2 boxers. thats it...no kidding. It does not save energy at all, since I end up washing all loads twice and sometimes, for my husbands athletic stuff, even 3 times. I have to run an emptyh cycle with bleach about once a month or else mildew and a horrible smell like rotten eggs and mold begin to permeate the clothes. Technician says it's supposed to save water, and it's working correctly. Well, it's horrible! I long for my old top loader that would allow me to choose between small, medium or large loads and fill the drum accordingly.

I find that detergent clumps and doesn't get washed out and stains that aren't touched. I would urge consumers to avoid this machine.