Other Refrigerators:
Kenmore
Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator

Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator

Kenmore Elite Refrigerator Looks Great, Works Great

I am absolutely in love with my Kenmore Elite Refrigerator in stainless steel. It looks amazing and works even better. The refrigerator-side is nice because the shelves slide out; there are lots of compartments for various items, and the temperature controls work very well. I love how much room I have in this refrigerator too. I can fit an entire extra large pizza box in there! The freezer-size is just as great as the refrigerator-side. My favorite feature of the freezer is the self-defrost. There is literally not a single flake of frost anywhere in my freezer, and I've had it for over a year! I never have to defrost again! I also love how the ice-container can come out of the slot it sits in too because this makes things a lot easier when entertaining and when filling things like coolers. Another feature that I adore about this refrigerator is the no-finger print stainless steel finish. You can literally put your hand directly on it and it won't leave a mark. I don't know how they do it, but I sure wish all my stainless had this feature. If you have kid, this is definitely something you could appreciate because I've tried to put a handprint on there just to test it out, but have yet to be able to. I would definitely recommend this fridge to anyone.

I would not purchase the Kenmore Elite Frig again

The best thing about the Kenmore Elite Regrigerator is its stainless steel look. I have had it for a while, and it still looks clean and new, minus some cracks in the tray drawers inside. The doors are big, and there is overall a lot of food storage room in this frig. Initially, I had problems with the temperature of foods closest being warmer than those towards the back. I had a problem with the freezer food getting too frozen once and the opposite happening another time where the light bulb malfunctioned and the food inside spoiled, but after getting the parts replaced, I have had no problems since. The bottom freezer is nice. The ice maker function broke a long time ago, however, and even after it was fixed, it has not functioned as well as it should. Overall, even though I have no issues with this frig currently, I was very disappointed with light bulb malfunction and delay in getting the refrigerator again. if I had not seen it quickly, the food could have burned, and there could have been a fire or some other issue. Thus, I would not recommend this product.

Recurring problems

from Knoxville TN

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Not Cold Enough
  • Poor Layout

Comments about Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator:

Dissatisfied with unreliable fridge and long wait for Sears service. The "Elite" failed and warmed, spoiling my family's food, on three different occasions since purchasing 14 months ago. The protection plan ensures that the repair service is covered, but you will wait one week or more for the next repair visit. Meanwhile, no working fridge.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Horrible product, horrible service stay away!!

from Utah

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Energy Efficient

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
    • Flimsy Shelves
    • Horrible customer service
    • Horrible warranty
    • Not Cold Enough
    • Poor Layout
    • Unreliable

Comments about Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator:

This product is horrible. The ice maker doesn't hold enough ice for 2 glasses. If you try to put the food to close to the ice maker it freezes the food, but if you turn down the temperature, the milk goes bad. I have had it for less than 4 years and every shelf is broken cracked and separated from the connecting part to the door due to the faulty design. I've tried to call Sears and they have hung up on me multiple times on hold. We have purchased at Sears multiple times, but never again!!

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Keep it fresh!

from Michigan

Comments about Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator:

My favorite buy of this brand is one of the most important of all; the fridge! With all the items you get around the house, the one that takes care of your food is the most important. I've had fridges that leaked, spoiled my food, and just quit on my out of the blue. I never had to worry about that with this fridge. It has a magnificent silver color and it's made with a rust resistant metal. It had not two but three different drawers that store all of your food at the proper temperatures without any imbalance. Like most of products from this brand it is an energy star product. It really does show it's use in keeping the bill low too. This model also came with a cool little stowaway drawer at the bottom. This is to put your meats, ice creams and other goodies. It's also quiet and big enough to fill it up with a lot of items. One of the coolest things about this model is it comes with am ice and water dispenser. With the option of cool clean water or adding ice to your beverage. How can you go wrong with this machine?

Does the job.

Comments about Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator:

This is a nice looking, functional, well-designed refrigerator and it has serv ed us well for about seven years.

Interior Organization
      Very nicely organized, the unit has storage on both doors and multiple adjustable shelves and drawers.

This unit is very easy to clean. Everything slides out and lifts out to scrub if necessary.

The deli drawer cover broke in year two.

I have an interior water dispenser, whoch makes the exterior look clean and functional.

Love this fridge!

Comments about Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator:

This is an awesome fridge that will make you feel like you are a five star chef! It is super easy to control the settings on the convenient screen on the front panel. The water filters last for a very long time even with seven people drinking from it every day, making it a great value. The fridge stays cold even if you have the doors open to remove food and it will tell you if the temperature has fallen. I also love the alarm feature that tells you if the door has either been open too long or you have just forgotten to close it. The side by side doors are great, but the only downfall is you have to open both in order to use the drawers inside making it a bit of a hassle to store food here, especially quick snack items like string cheese. The freezer drawer is so handy and can store much more food than anticipated by the looks of it. The only problem is you have to do a lot of stacking and digging to find what you are looking for. As long as you can organize, it makes for a great, easy access freezer.

• Temperature Control:

Great fridge - terrible ice maker.

from Troy NY

Comments about Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator:

Most of the aspects of the Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator are wonderful. The way the fridge and freezer are laid out, the shelf and drawer spacing, the amount of space, the right amount of cooling, consistent temperatures, etc. ... all fantastic!

The one trouble I have with this refrigerator, is the ice maker. There are two main things wrong with it. One, the noise - holy cow, it sounds like a jackhammer is going off when this refrigerator draws water to make new ice cubes or spits new ice cubes out ... I can hear it from my bedroom which is up a flight of stairs and on the other side of the house. Two - the quantity of ice. This ice maker either makes 10 ices cubes or 1,000 ... there's no happy medium, it's either spitting out ice cubes as fast as it possibly can (with as much noise at it can) or it's decided that you do not want to have ice cubes ever again.

If Kenmore could re-work the ice maker situation, the Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator would be the perfect refrigerator. As it stands currently, I can only give it an 8 out 10.

Best refrigerator I have owned

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator:

I have had this refrigerator for almost a year. It looks beautiful in my kitchen. One of my favorite elements is the LED lighting inside. It makes it very easy to see everything. There are no shadows hiding niches of the interior. I like that I can see and adjust the temperature of the inside of the fridge on the display outside. So far I have had absolutely no issues. I highly recommend the product.

Noise Level
      It is whisper quiet. I forget that it is running.

Interior Organization
      Shelves are easy to adjust. I like that I can make entire rows flat for large platters, pizza boxes, and large sheet cakes.

Temperature Control
      I like that several of the drawers are temperature adjustable. The outside controls make adjustment for the freezer and the fridge extremely easy.

It has held up to two of my teenage sons. The door gets slammed shut hourly. No breaks as of yet.

The outside design is beautiful. The handles match all of my other Kenmore Elite appliances. I do wish the interior was a little nicer. No complaints but I feel they could have done a little more.

• Temperature Control:

Definitely not worth the high price. All looks and no go!

Comments about Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator:

As much as this fridge was it sure isn't reliable. Have had it fixed several times. The ice maker works sporadically even after being serviced a couple times. The freezer should be colder and the pull out tray broke almost immediately.

Noise Level
      I can hear it from the back of the house sometimes

Interior Organization
      It would be better if the tray wasn't broke and one of the door shelves broke

Temperature Control
      I am constantly having to adjust

I do like how shelves move and pullout to clean

shelves and tray broke very easily

I loved how it looked, but performance ruined that

• Temperature Control:

Great fridge, everything on one level

Comments about Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator:

Love having the fridge all on eye level. Can see everything, even freezer is easy to organize.

Noise Level
      Very quite, the only time you really hear it is if the ice maker is dropping ice in the bucket.

Ours got dinged when banging the door on the granite counter top.

Beautiful, stainless steel. Does not show fingerprints overly much. Easy to wipe clean with all purpose cleaner, no specialty cleaner necessary. Only thing I dislike is that only the small upper left panel above the ice maker is magnetic. Magnets will not stick anywhere else.

well-designed refridgerator

Comments about Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator:

I love this product. It holds a lot of food. I wasn't sure I would like the bottom freezer but it really has been nice to have the foods we use most often at eye level.

Noise Level
      The freezer had one time when it froze up over the back and it was loud. It just needed to have the ice removed and it stopped.

Interior Organization
      The drawers and sliding shelves keep everything in the right place.

Temperature Control
      Food stays fresh. There are controls for the drawers but I can't say I have spent much time making adjustments.

One drawer has grooves that I wish were not there to clean. The shelves and side compartments are easy to clean.

So far so good on not having any problems with this product. We have had it for a few years and have changed a filter.

This refrigerator holds a lot of food and keeps things organized. A lot went into designing it and it shows. Sometimes I get frustrated with the door open bell or how the doors close but these are also important parts of the design that let you save energy and money.