Other Toaster Ovens:
Kenmore Elite
Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven

Summary

With the versatility and performance of a full-size oven, this Kenmore Elite digital countertop convection oven offers a more convenient way to cook. Large enough to accommodate a 12-inch pizza, this toaster oven features six cooking functions and an LED display for easy digital use. Three wire racks and a pan help you get crafty in the kitchen, while the 1800-watt quartz heating technology makes short work of baking, toasting and reheating. Finished with a brushed stainless steel exterior, this toaster oven enhances your kitchen's decor.

Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven

Pros

Cons

Confection Oven gives extra oven

I live in the part of the country that gets super hot in the summer months so we bought a Kenmore Counter digital Convection Oven to use. I really didn't want to have it sitting out taking up space so we bought a lovely kitchen cart and we now use it year round outside in the "sun room" No storage problem, and turning it on is all that is needed. I am surprised as how often I use this oven and am still learning how to use it. Thus far it hasn't let us down.

Even Heating
Performs like a full size oven but the convection distributes heat around the food and faster pre-heating so I did have to get used to a faster cooking time.. This did take a little getting used to but once you get used to the consistent heating I guarantee that you too will be so spoiled that you will use it all of the time. The size of the oven gives a lot more cooking space that I thought that it would. I fix a large frozen pizza in it and everyone commented on how good it was. Browned to perfection, just the right crispness, and evenly cooked. I have fixed a large roast in the oven and sliced bread. I haven't found anything that I don't like about it.

Safety
I know nothing about electricity and how things work. I just want to push a button and the machine does what it is supposed to do. This convection oven does that. It is self contained and I see nothing that could really be a safety issue. I use those gloves that are made for heat and they work great. I unplug the unit when it is not being used.

The unit is stainless steel which I really like. It is easy to wipe off, and looks new. I did make a cover to fit over the unit as I store it on the sun room and want to keep dust/dirt out of it.

I can't see any reason that this oven won't last. Thus far, we consider it a good buy.

Has adjustable wire racks and will hold a lot more than I thought. I use it as least for one or two things every day but it is especially good to have over the holidays or when you entertain a large group.

Not even close to the description

When I decided on purchasing the kenmore elite digital countertop convection oven, I was hoping to find something better than what I owned and received just the opposite. I had asked questions to one of the store employees because it didn't really give me a great description on the box and I didn't have time to check online for any reviews. It wasn't a bad price and from what description I had of it, I decided to buy it. The design wasn't amazing but it wasn't terrible. I guess a little below average in appearance, but what mattered is that it would toast and cook food. When I first used it, I decided to try with just a simple package of pizza bagels for my kids. I followed the directions and set it to what it said was the right temperature. I noticed it was taking a lot longer than usual to just melt the cheese. After it was finally cooked, I took them out to find the cheese finally melted, but the bottoms were completely black. Not even slightly over cooked, but burnt. I tried to give the benefit of the doubt and think maybe I put too many in or set it too high or it is more sensitive with temperature than my old one, but that wasn't the case. My husband put in a sandwich size piece of Italian bread thinking that would be the easiest food to toast and he set it to low. He said he walked away for several minutes and when he came back to check it, it wasn't doing anything but making the bread warm. He set it to medium and it took very long to toast the bread. Sorry to say, it was a terrible appliance. We returned it and got a full refund. This could be one of the worst I've used.

Good Mixer

from Warren, OH

Comments about Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven:

Kenmore Elite digital countertop convection oven is a wonderful addition to our kitchen and home. We bought this about two years ago or so because we wanted something that would heat up quick and we wouldn't have to use our oven for it. This product is just amazing, I have heated up items in there and it takes less than 10 minutes total for it for be cooked and ready to eat. I absolutely love that I do not have to wait 30 minutes to an hour to eat my food. I also love that energy is conserved by using this. I would give it an overall rating of nine because it does very well as a product. The best part is this product is very reasonably priced and heats the food very evenly and quickly. The overall heating I would rate that one a nine. I love that this is also very safe to use and it does not use a lot of energy or power. I would rate the safety and ease of cleaning as a nine. It has been very durable and has not broken down or had any issues the years I have had this. This is a great product overall.

Love this

Comments about Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven:

I just love the Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven. I use it often, and my food comes out great. I'm not a fan of microwaving all my food. For example, egg roll, pastries and things like that, I would rather not microwave, because they get soggy. I use this product several times a day almost every day!

It does a great job cooking my food.

Even Heating
I've never had any issues with uneven heating. My food is always cooked evenly. It browns my food really well too.

Safety
I don't have small children (or even larger ones) in my house. It seems safe enough to me. I haven't set it on fire yet, so that is good. That is what happened to my toaster oven.

Cleaning is a chore for any appliance. This is no worse than any other.

I can see having this Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven for many years. I really like it.

It looks very nice on my counter. It is sharp with clean lines. Great little appliance.

Really nice product

from Nelsonville, OH

Comments about Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven:

I really like this little oven.cooks almost everything really nice.you can fix a hole chicken. Roast,pork chops,cookies,cakes.anyone who buys this will be very well pleased l now I was I even bought one for my mom and see loves it too.so buy one you wonted be disappointed.

BEST Toaster Oven I've ever used

from Amherst, MA

Comments about Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven:

I am not a great chef and rely on convenience foods which I can reheat at home. It's important to me that my dinner does not become dried-out or overcooked in the process. I love the controls on the The Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven which allow me to control the results of my (albeit reduced) labors. Specifically, the features which i most appreciate are the even heating and the ease of cleaning. My food, which when heated in a microwave is often cooler in the center than on the edges, is always thoroughly warm in this oven. On one unfortunate occurrence when I did neglect to poke holes in my baked potato, I returned to the kitchen to find the walls of the oven plastered in potato. I feared that the rest of my evening would be spent up to my elbows in a soapy dish sink. To my great surprise, the mess was easily sloughed off of the splatter resistant surfaces, and I was back to my favorite TV show before the commercial ended.

Great little oven

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven:

This oven has been great for many things. I use it all the time daily. I make toast, pop tarts for the kids, toasting up sandwiches, and heating up pizza. I love using it to melt cheese on my sandwiches and toast up the bread. Almost makes a panini.

Even Heating
I have never had an issue with uneven heating. Everything has always toasted very nicely.

Safety
I think for an adult it is safe but I would not let my child use it yet. The tray does get hot and I often use an oven mitt or pot holder to handle it. Like a toaster the coils get red when they are hot so avoid those and you'll be fine.

Its fairly easy to clean. I take the tray out and wash it by hand but I believe you can put it in the dish washer as well. I wipe down the outside and dump any crumbs out that get on the bottom.

I think its very durable. I use mine several times a day almost everyday.

I like the design. It looks nice and matches all my other appliances. It looks very modern.

Favorite Appliance

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven:

I have been trying to get rid of my microwave oven but always have trouble with being able to quickly heat up and reheat food. The Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven has been one of my all time favorite kitchen appliances. Since I bought it, I have not used my microwave oven at all except as a clock.
This convection oven heats food quickly and evenly, working just like a regular oven without using even a fraction of the electricity. This is vital for me for several reasons. When I want to cook or reheat something, I hate using my entire oven to do so. In Texas, the regular oven makes my kitchen way too hot. Also, I have small children and constantly worry about them opening the oven and getting burned. My countertop oven is perfectly out of reach for them.
The digital timer takes out all of the guesswork and even offers settings for specific functions, such as frozen pizza, toast and baking.

Handy Oven

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven:

I am on my second one of this product and we use it quite frequently. We do not have a toaster and we use it as a toaster and a little oven. My son prefers to use it over the microwave as when used, the pastries maintain their flakiness and crispness. The only negative is that if left unattended, it can burn easily, sparking a fire.

Safety
Be careful not to overheat or leave food unattended. It is important to make sure it is turned completely off after use.

It is easy to remove the bottom tray and remove the crumbs. Crumbs if left, can spark a fire.

Lasted me over 5 years

Love this

Comments about Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven:

I purchased this Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven after my old convection oven of another brand stopped working suddenly. I have now owned this for almost a year and I have not had any issues with it so far. It cooks the items faster than they would cook in a regular oven which is great because it saves time especially when I am in a bit of a hurry. All in all I would definitely recommend this item.

Even Heating
This convection oven is wonderful at even heating. I have not had a single issue with it being uneven in the time that I have owned it.

Safety
As well as any other similar item there are safety concerns but this item does seem to try and prevent anything serious from ever happening.

I have found that this oven is very easy to clean. It has a crumb tray that catches the crumbs and the tray can be easily removed for cleaning. that is one of my favorite things about this particular oven.

The durability is wonderful and even though it has been through a lot of use it still works good as new.

Confection Oven gives extra oven

from Texas

Perfect for summer cooking

Comments about Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven:

I love to cook and bake but in the summer in Las Vegas, using the actual oven is almost unbearable. After suffering through a few summers of heating up the house even more for a hot meal, I invested in the Kenmore Elite Digital Countertop Convection Oven and I'm so glad I did! Now I can cook just about all my favorite meals and I don't have to worry about heating up the entire house unnecessarily.

Even Heating
Since it is a relatively small oven, if you try to put too much in it or the baking dish is too large, you sometimes have issues with uneven cooking. As long as you're cooking a smaller portion, it works perfectly and cooks evenly.

It's roughly as easy to clean as any microwave oven, though it does hold in heat for a long time so when I need to clean it I make sure it's been off for a long while before I try to clean it.

The design is pretty simple and clean, I like that it's chrome because it basically matches everything easily.