3.3

3.3

Pros

Cons

Great Quiet dishwaser

When we remodeled our kitchen we chose to install a stainless steel Kenmore Elite Dishwasher.  It met all of our requirements for energy star rating and layout.  I like the sleek looking design and it looks great in my kitchen.  I do not even have to pre-rinse the dishes prior to washing them and the dishwasher gets them totally clean.  The one and only complaint that I have is that the little door that holds the dishwasher soap occasionally get stuck and will not open during the washing cycle.  This dishwasher has a variety of cycles to choose from.  I especailly love the antibacterial setting since we let our dog lick our plates when we finish eating.  Also there is a sensing mode which tests the levels in the water of food particles to use less water, only the amount that is needed to clean the dishes.  Overall I love this dishwasher and I am glad that we decided on the kenmore elite.

This is the worst machine I have ever bought.

The first time the repairman cam out and told me it wasn't cleaning the dishes because there were chicken bones, I thought no way... and then told my family to be careful. The second time he came and told me there were chicken bones in the drain, it looked very suspiciously like the same string of bones. Well, it still doen'st clean, and it's finally stopped cleaning altogether.I took it apart- all the areas where water goes through- checked the spray arms etc., nothing was stopped up. What we have been able to glean off the 'net is that when Kenmore made the tall tub elite they scrimped on the motor and pump - way to weak for the size, and they get weaker over time due to the overload. Instead of saying so and perhaps offering a discount on another model , replacing the motor etc. they came up with a scam for their repairmen.

OWN UP KENMORE! We will never buy another Kenmore appliance.

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash:

A few years ago when we moved into our new house, I bought a new Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash because it was much cheaper than the other ones in the category I wanted, but that was a big mistake because the dishwasher became so loud and started leaking water just six months after I bought it. I tried to contact the manufacturer but there was no warranty and I was out of luck. The most annoying part was that whenever I use the dishwasher, some of the dishes come out with spots on them and you will wonder if it was washed or not. Then eleven months later, it finally packed up and wouldn’t run again and I was in the market for a new dishwasher barely one year after I get a brand new one from Kenmore. I had to pay a little extra than what I paid for the Kenmore but I got a better high quality product. Overall I did not have a good experience with the Kenmore washer and I would not recommend it, spend a little more and get something better especially if you plan on using it always.

Amazingly quiet!

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash:

This dishwasher has changed the way I do dishes! Since our house has an open floor plan, I used to be able to run the dishwasher only at night, and even then I would hear it going as I would try to go to sleep. Now, I can start it any time, anywhere and don't even know it is going. The only noise I hear is when it it is dumping into the drain! I also find that this dishwasher washes better than any other dishwasher I have owned! My only down side, is sometimes the soap door won't open thus I have to run it again (happens about once a month).

Noise Level
So quiet you will have have to double check sometimes to see if it is running! Really when I read the reviews I didn't believe it was possible, but this machine is even quieter than a whisper.

Cleaning Time
There are many different types of cycles you can choose from a 1 hour quick wash, to their "smart cycle" which sense how long it takes for it to clean efficiently.

Loading Flexibility
I have Fiesta ware dishes and I feel like the slats and design are perfect for this configuration. There is also an extra knife holder to keep sharp blades out of the way, but I have very few knives that have short enough handles for this to work.

Except for the few times that the soap door didn't open mid cycle, I have never had to rerun the dishes!

No complaints! Sleek and stylish.

I have only owned it for three months, but so far so good!

Could've been better

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash:

This is the first time and the last time that I will ever be buying any sort of Kenmore product. I purchased this product with high expectations, but this dishwasher met none of them. The first thing that I noticed about this appliance was how unstable the top rack was in the dishwasher. I feel like i have to hold it up whenever I pull it out so it doesn't fall right off the machine! It cleans like it should, but overall I am very dissatisfied. I do not recommend purchasing this product.

Noise Level
This dishwasher runs with minimal noise.

Cleaning Time
This dishwasher gets the job done in under an hour when only using the cleaning feature.

Loading Flexibility
The racks are slightly awkward and are difficult to place larger items in.

Cleans well, but that is the only good part about this machine.

It has a bad interior design. The exterior is very sleek, however.

The top shelf has already had three broken wheels. It is very cheaply made.

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, stainless steel

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash:

When we were looking to buy a dishwasher, my husband wanted the QUIETEST dishwasher that we could find. I wanted stainless steel. We found it.

Noise Level
Besides the a very small sound of rinsing water, that you can barely hear, (its so small you might wander around your kitchen and think what is that noise?) You cannot hear this dishwasher at all. There is a faint beep when it is done.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time takes longer than my old dishwasher, but what do I care, I'm not doing the scrubbing!

Loading Flexibility
I can put so much in this dishwasher. It is great! I can even put my pots and pans in there! It is recommended that you put salad bowls on top so it can clean everything in the dishwasher better which I can understand, and its no problem because ANY bowl fits on the top shelf.

I am the type to rinse my dishes very well before putting dishes in the dishwasher, (yes I know!) so I cannot judge this question that well. I have some across a fork or two that may have not been washed well that I've had to scrub and put back into the dishwasher, but then again, I always use the normal wash, and there are other settings.

I like almost everything about this dishwasher. Though, the top shelf has given me a few problems, but not serious. It can be raised or lowered and a couple times it has fallen to the lower level, for some reason, maybe because I accidentally bumped it? So it seems a little flimsy. Otherwise it is great.

So far so good, we've had it for more than a year. Best thing is the quiet and the looks.

• Loading Flexibility:

Wish I'd made a better choice/ 2nd review (bad to worse)

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash:

bad drainage system - mold build-up in drain basket and interior - overpriced - don't go for 'the bells and whistles" not worth it
update: fails to drain - pump quit after 2 years - 1 1/2 weeks until service

Cleaning Time
can't recall prior brands taking so long to run thru routine cycles

very poor drainage - build of mold in the drain basket - technician suggested reworking MOLD BUILDUP- poor drainage - tech suggested reworking and shortening the line to disposal - did so, no difference - technician said run two tbsp bleach each month (in lieu of commercial cleaners + Lemi-shine wash) ...then admitted the "newer models" have small (cheaper) drainage motors rather than using main machine motor = seems really insufficient and unhealthy in general - seldom use TURBO WASH - waste of money, better to soak your dishes and was by hand

for follows function - if there is NO function, design doesn't matter

no wonder SEARS is hurting - lousy product, lousy service - this not the SEARS you grew up with...so disappointing.

Great quiet dishwasher!

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash:

We bought this a year ago, and it is still running great! It is so quiet! We are very satisfied with this dishwasher, and will buy another one similar to this when needed. My only criticism is that there are soap/hard water stains around the soap dispenser. We stopped running the heated dry setting, and this seemed to keep the problem from worsening. It is merely cosmetic, but just wanted to mention!

Noise Level
Seriously the quietest dishwasher that I have ever encountered. People are amazed when they come over and stand in the kitchen. They can't believe the dishwasher is actually running!

Cleaning Time
It seems to take a long time to wash, but there is a 1 hour option.

Loading Flexibility
Nice, standard layout. The top shelf has to be fully pushed in to activate the spinning water system on top. Just an FYI.

So far, it seems like a great dishwasher. We have only had it a year, so I am rating it satisfactory because it is too early to be able to say how it will hold up over the years. It has sustained lots of use from a 3 and 1 year old though, so that's saying something!

• Loading Flexibility:

Looks nice and is quiet, but in the end disappointed us.

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash:

This dishwasher doesn't work for what we expected because of the price we paid. I understand most dishwashers have their issues, but ours is brand new and already doesn't work right all the time.

Cleaning Time
I think the cycles are much too long on this dishwasher, usually a minimum of at least 2 hours. I just don't feel the dishwasher is as energy efficient as it claims because of the length of time each load takes, especially if you put on heated dry, which reaches almost 3 hours.

Most of the times it works well, but every once in a while the soap dish does not open and the sop doesn't get dispensed, leaving dirty food caked and baked onto the dishes. Then I have to re-run the cycle which takes a long time (as previously mentioned), which can really set me back in getting my housework done.

Really enjoy the look and the spacious inside design. It nicely compliments the other appliances matching in the kitchen and has a sleek design. However, I do find it is hard to keep clean, especially with the dirt that gets into the small groves on the topside of the handle.

Had to replace it

from Coronado, CA

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash:

This dishwasher is borderline satisfactory poor. I believe dishwashing is part machine part dish detergent. In this case the dish detergent does its part...however the dishwasher does not. It leaves dishes slightly wet and doesn't seem to get the dishes as clean as I'd like even after a pre wash. Its almost like I had to wash my dishes before washing my dishes in this dishwasher. Which made the machine unnecessary and useless. I had this machine for a very short while before selling it for half of what I paid. This machine is not for a large family who needs to do dishes often. It is for someone single who isn't particular about their dishes and doesn't mind leaving the dishwasher open so their dishes can continue to air dry after the dry cycle.

Noise Level
It is a quiet dishwasher ...probably the only real plus about this machine.

Cleaning Time
Well if you count the hand washing before dish washing and the needing to air dry after the dry cycle. Then its poor

Loading Flexibility
Loads a decent amount of dishes enough for a full dinner and four person sitting.

Its just not a great machine. I would save my money on this one and go with another choice.

Nice design fits any decor. Needs to have a nice space to fit in and under.

I'm sure this will last for some time but it doesn't work great brand new so I doubt it will work too well after a year or two.

• Loading Flexibility:

Sleek, modern, and cleans so well!

from Chino, CA

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash:

I give this product a 5 star rating because not only does it look good, it works absolutely superb too!

Noise Level
The noise level is very minimal. You have to stand close to it in the kitchen to realize that it's making noise. It is much better than my old dishwasher, but of course that was from 10 years ago!

Cleaning Time
There's different kinds of cycles that you can choose from which will determine the cleaning time, but if you don't have any heavy duty dirty dishes to wash, you can just choose the fastest cycle, which would be done in minutes!

Loading Flexibility
There's a lot of space and the way the racks are made makes it very easy to load your dishes, cups, utensils, etc.

I haven't had a dirty dish come out of this dishwasher yet...even the most soiled ones. I'm crossing my fingers that this machine will keep up the good work. You don't have to rinse your dishes if you don't want to before putting them in. They will still come out clean.

I love the design because it looks so sleek and modern! It makes my kitchen look so high-class and upgraded. It is well worth the money especially when it works so well too.

So far, so good. No complaints yet.

Loved it until. . .

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash:

We purchased this dishwasher in February 2013. Researched the heck out of dishwashers looking for high quality and QUIET! We were thrilled with this purchased and loved the dishwasher. When the machine was less than 4 months old it sprang a leak squirting water all over my kitchen and into the basement through the floor vents. Repair is scheduled for next week. I am hopeful that the problem can be resolved and look forward to a future of no leaks.

Noise Level
Very quiet! I did extensive research on quiet dishwashers as we had always had a noise level that was not acceptable. This dishwasher is so quiet we barely know it is on.

Cleaning Time
The wash cycle on this dishwasher is considerably longer than my previous dishwashers but it is worth the wait. Dishes are sparkling clean.

Loading Flexibility
Excellent job of cleaning dishes. There is an adjustable top rack. This dishwasher holds a lot of dishes.

Great until it leaked water all over the kitchen.

Only complaint is that it is easy to unintentionally activate the dishwasher. Other than that the design is sleek and modern. Looks very nice with my granite and stainless steel kitchen.

It is hard to judge durability as I have had this dishwasher only 4 months and it leaked. I am hopeful that this is a fluke and once the repair is made we will have a long-lasting dishwasher.