Other Dishwashers:

Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash HE----I LOVE IT!!

My old dishwasher was 12 years old, so I was looking for better energy effeciency, quiet, time delay and more room for dishes.  The new rack designs allow for more loading options and lots more dishes have room to be washed.  This Kenmore Elite UltraWash HE delivers great clean dishes everytime.

I like the adjustable top rack, I have only used it a few times, but it's good to know I have the flexiblity.  I do like the turbo blasters for pots& pans.  Both racks have flexible usage....I look forward to having large dinner parties and seeing how many dishes I can fit in, they are clean every time.

Growing More and More Disenchanted

I'm glad I didn't write up this review a few weeks after I got this dishwasher installed. I was much more enchanted with it then. Part of it is our poor water pressure, granted, but the fact it's already falling apart after just over a year is quite ridiculous.

My last dishwasher didn't fair to well either. I stopped using it for awhile when it wasn't cleaning the dishes very well, then tried it one day and it worked, so I resumed using it. After just a few days I realized why it hadn't been working well. The water was leaking down through the cabinet, through the floor, and into my basement. I suspended use again, and washed dishes by hand again while we waited to redo our kitchen.

It was one of the things I couldn't wait for. I wanted to be able to wash dishes in the dishwsher again. I'd about hand it washing by hand, especially when we were in the midst of redoing our kitchen. Now having a great room, I wanted it to be fairly quiet as well. The salesman told me that with this model I was picking out, I would barely be able to hear it, although he did admit it wasn't the quietest one there.

I have a hard time getting the water to rinse the dishes completely on the top rack, but I know that's a problem witth the water pressure in my house, so I"m forgiving that. I try to just run the dishwasher when no one is showering or washing clothes. Sometimes I have a litttle bit of film on my dishes, but again, we live in an area with really hard water, so I know that's not totally the fault of the dishwasher. I've experimented with different products to find ones that clean better. Sometimes it seems like the dishes are barely even cleaned, but it's hard for me to tell whehter that's the fault of my dishwasher, my water pressure, my hard water, or the loader of the dishwasher who happens to be my daughter.

I was really trying to work through all that, but what I just can't get past is that the buttons are falling off. The push buttons on the front that you use to select cycles, etc., are falling off. My daughter, who thinks Scotch tape cures all, has taped them back on. To me, that is just inexcusable for a unit that is barely more than a year old, for it to be falling apart like this. In addition, I have to turn my TV up two additional levels to hear it over the dishwasher. I disagree with that salesman, and it's not like I have sensitive hearing.

I expected so much more, Kenmore!

Trojan Horse

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash:

After a rough start, replacing the computer hardware twice, this dishwasher does an excellent job of washing, sanitizing, rinsing dishes, pots and pans. The upper rack is adjustable if more room is needed for tall glasses. It has many different cycles, is easy to load and removes any residue on items.

Kenmore Ultra Wash: Not ultra good

from Mundelein, IL

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash:

I moved into a house with a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher with Ultra Wash. It looked pretty nice and fancy, so I was hopeful that it would do a good job. Sadly, I have been very disappointed. It really, really does not get my dishes clean very well. They come out loaded with spots and I usually need to re-wash a dish or two, or at least rinse them out. I'm looking forward to this dishwasher dying so I can replace it! Unfortunately, that could take a while.

Noise Level
The noise level of the Kenmore Elite with Ultra Wash is average. It makes the amount of noise you'd expect a dishwasher to make. It's nothing bothersome.

Cleaning Time
I'd put the Kenmore Elite's cleaning time at a little worse than average. It seems to take longer than previous dishwashers. It's not terribly long, just seems a little longer than most.

Loading Flexibility
I wouldn't call the Kenmore Elite's loading flexibility very good or special. It holds most of my dishes adequately, but there are a few larger pots and pans that don't fit. I'd say I have to spend more time trying to fit dishes in than I would like.

Performance is the Kenmore Elite's downfall. It does not get my dishes clean enough. They come out with lots of spots and I often need to re-wash or re-rinse a dish or two. Glassware comes out cloudy.

The design of the Kenmore Elite with Ultra Wash is fine. It appears sleek and clean on the outside. The buttons are easy to read and use.

I've had the Kenmore Elite for almost a year, and it hasn't broken yet, so I suppose it is reasonably durable.

• Loading Flexibility:

This dishwasher is amazing!

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash:

This Kenmore Dishwasher is awesome! It is a great size for a family of 5. We never have to wash or rinse our dishes first and they come out clean and sparkly! There are plenty of slots to seperate and keep everything neat and not touching. My young children find it very easy to add dishes in properly. It is very quiet. When we first got it we weren't sure if it was working or not. You can cut it on at bed time without any disturbance. Thank you Kenmore for another awesome product!

Noise Level
Super quiet!

Cleaning Time
It usually finishes in about 1 hour. I love the sanitize! My dishes are too hot to touch after washing. I love that!

Loading Flexibility
Very easy even children can help!

Awesome!

Sleek!

We have had this for a while and it is holding up well.

• Loading Flexibility:

Hard working Dishwasher that looks great!

from Fort Worth, TX

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash:

I had never had a Kenmore before but found this one on sale. I was a little worried that it would not be as good as my last dishwasher but have had it now for several months and love it. It cleans great and looks good. I am totally satisfied with this dishwasher and would recommend to anyone.

• Loading Flexibility:

I used it twice and part of it broke!!!!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash:

I needed to replace a dishwasher that was twenty years old but was still working. I wanted an appliance brand I could trust and depend on. I already had two fridges, a washer and a dryer from Kenmore so I thought I was making a great choice.

I had it delivered and installed on Wednesday Sept 15th. I only run my machine when it is full so I have only used it twice. Yesterday when I was putting away the plates I found the small door that clips shut to hold in the soap mixed in with my plates. I am so disappointed that it broke after two uses, I know it is something that can be fixed but it is a hassle and to have this happen when my previous dishwasher was so old and I never had any problems with it,

I love the stainless steel interior and the huge silverware holder - finally I can wash all my silverware at the same time. The dishwasher is so quiet, I forget it is running.

I paid more than I expected because the salesperson spoke so highly about this model - I guess once I have the door fixed... if it is not hard to get repaired I will still like my machine but currently all I feel for Kenmore appliances is disappointment.

quiet quality

from Newburgh, IN

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash:

This dishwasher is incredibly quiet and powerful. Dishes never used to come clean or had a film on them and with this dishwasher that doesn't happen. The turbowash cleans really dirty pans. The dishes are clean and dry when the cycle is done

There doesn't seem to be as much room in this dishwasher as my old one though and I miss the little clips where you could attach small things on the upper shelf that otherwise tip over and fill with water. The spacing of the areas on the top shelf is also not quite right

Overall I would give it 5 stars for cleaning and for its quiet use but would give it 3 stars for layout and feel as though not as much fits into it(spacing of dividers and lack of small compartment for lids/ small components and lack of clips that you could attach tiny dose cups etc to keep them from tipping over

IT SUCKS!!!!!

from Spanish Fork, UT

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash:

This is the worst piece of garbage that I have ever owned. I bought this dishwasher 3 years ago. I had the first one repaired 3 times in a few months finally when it was time for the repairman to visit again I called and told them that I wanted a warranty replacement. They were great and I had my new dishwasher. Only problem being that they had to replace it with the same model. The new dishwasher worked for exactly 1 year and 1 week before I had to call the repairman. Kenmore only warranties for 1 year. So here is what is wrong with my "new" dishwasher. The front buttons have all fallen off so I have to guess at what cycle I am using. The utensil tray is falling apart so now my utensils are falling through the bottom. The stopper on the top rack keeps falling off so that the top drawer comes all the way out and falls off. the panel has a short in it so I have to look online to do a maual reset. Now that the buttons are all gone I have to try this a few times to get the right buttons. The dishwasher does get the dishes fairly clean when it works. That is if you pre-rinse everything and only use a certain type of soap. Still most of the soap is undisolved in the soap tray at the end of the cycle. DON'T BUY this piece of garbage you will only be buying yourself a new one in a year. Along with a whole lot of pain killers. One more thing it claims to be quiet. It is so loud that you cannot hold a conversation in the kitchen when it is running. I usually turn it on when I leave the house so that I don't have to hear it. Really, really LOUD!

Wonderful, Powerful, Dishwasher

from Butler, NJ

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash:

I love my Kenmore Elite built in dishwasher! I have had it for a few years and it still works as good as the day I bought it. I am extremely busy and do not have time to pre-wash/soak/etc. I am so not the best chef and often end up with pans with tough grease or burnt food or otherwise hard to remove food particles. This dishwasher does not mind. I throw everything into it, run it before bed, and when I wake up everything is completely clean, dry and ready to go again. It works great with the little Cascade dishwasher detergent packets... just throw one in and it does the rest. Given the dishwashers power and time/effort/expensive it will save you in the long run, it is a good investment and good value for the price. Highly recommend!

Nice dishwasher

from Hartland, WI

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash:

I purchased the Kenmore Elite dishwasher a few months ago. We had another Kenmore that finally died, and decided to stick with the Kenmore brand since we were happy with our first one. Again, I am very happy with our dishwasher choice. I'm quite happy we stuck with the Kenmore brand. This dishwasher is very quiet, which is nice as we have young children that are not the soundest of sleepers. It does a great job getting the dishes clean, too, which is the whole point. I don't always rinse very well before putting them in, and they always come out very clean. Must be those turbo jets in the back of the dishwasher. I also like that the top rack is adjustable. I can fit more dishes in this way. A must have if you are looking for a new dishwasher!

Nice dishwasher!

from Hartland, WI

Comments about Kenmore Elite Built-in Dishwasher with Ultra Wash:

We purchased this dishwasher about a year ago to replace an older one that didn't work well anymore. We looked at lots of models before deciding on this one. One of the perks of this little workhorse are that the top rack is adjustable. This is a really nice feature if you are looking to fit a lot into the dishwasher. This dishwasher is also a very quiet dishwasher, which is nice when you need to run it later in the evening after the kids go to bed. So far it hasn't woken up my light sleeping daughter who's bedroom is right next to the kitchen. The design also looks nice in the kitchen. It matches the black fridge and microwave we have. Overall, this is a great dishwasher. I would recommend it if you are looking for a new one!