Other Clothes Dryers:

Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer

Pros

Cons

• Load Capacity:

Wonderful Dryer, Large Capacity!

My husband and I have owned this dryer for about 4 years, and so far it has been wonderful. My favorite thing about it is the size. This thing is huge. The selling point for us was that it could fit a king size duvet or comforter inside, which it really can. It might take a little extra drying time, but it saves you the trouble of going to a laundromat or dry cleaners for your extra large/special items. Other than that, I swear it can dry a double load of towels all at once, multiple sets of sheets, etc. saving time and cost by doing double the work in half the amount of time.

It also is able to "sense" when the clothes are dry enough to shut off, which I still am amazed by. It sort of figures out how long to dry the clothes for based on how wet they are, and then shuts off when they are dry. Very smart!

It is rather large, but luckily, we have the space, and it looks great next to the matching Kenmore Elite HE3 washing machine. It is stackable if you like that option, which would save you some space on the floor, but I personally don't like reaching up so high, so we have ours sitting side by side. It has adjustable volume on the buttons/alerts, and is overall just a very well thought out dryer.

The drum is enormous.

It dries pretty quickly, except for things like sheets, blankets and mattress pad covers. Those items you need to check on because they have a tendency to get tangled together while drying, preventing them from fully drying. Normally I have to take those things out halfway through, untangle and throw them back in so they can finish drying. Otherwise this dryer works every time.

Kenmore dryer

I bought this dryer because of it's capacity and looks. Overall, I love the washer that came with this set, however, the dryer is horrible. It claims to be able to hold a lot of clothes and dry it efficiently. However, in order to dry a normal load of clothes, we have to run it on sanitize which is the highest setting of heat usually 3 times just to get our clothes dried. If I want to dry a load in 1 run, it would have to be a small load with barely any heavy clothes such as jeans or towels. Each sanitize dryer run is over 1 hour long, that means it takes over 3 hours to dry one load of clothes. I am quite disappointed in this dryer. Other than the dryer time disappointment, the machine is easy to use and looks great. My kids can use the dryer with ease and the lint compartment is relatively easy to clean. I would not recommend this dryer or brand to anyone. Sadly, because of the brand is the reason why I bought the washer & dryer set along with my fridge & stove. Kenmore is a highly recognized brand but in the future I will not be buying a kenmore washer& dryer for sure.

Elite in the name is deserved

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

When we recently bought the new high efficiency washer, we also decided to buy a dryer to go with it. Again, the decision process we used was scouring the web for reviews, looking at consumer magazine ratings, and comparing price tags. We bought the dryer at the same incentive sale that we purchased the washer. The reviews and ratings were correct, this has turned out to be one of the best dryers I have used. The load capacity accommodates even my largest needs. The spin cycles take care of getting the clothes dry but I have noticed a discernible reduction in wrinkling over my previous clothes dryer. Another really nice attribute is that it is reasonably quiet while operating. This was not such an issue before, but the new house we purchased has the washer and dryer in an area that, if it were loud. would be really unfortunate. So, although I did not initially think about that aspect when choosing the appliance, it has turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The only disadvantage I found to this dryer is that it was a bit pricey even with the sales incentive.

• Load Capacity:

Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer is a wonderful dryer.

from The Colony, TX

Comments about Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. is a great dryer for your entire family. You will love it. Just turn the timer knob to 35 minutes and wait for the buzz. Your family's clothes will be wrinkle free and ready to wear.

Load Capacity
The load capacity is wonderful for your family. You don't have to do laundry every day. The Kenmore Elite 7.2 is able to hold up to two or three day of dirty clothes. Forget doing laundry every day. You are liberated. Go out and shop. You deserve it.

The perfomance of the Kenmore Elite is great. The clothes are very clean and soft. Just hang them in your closet and you are set to go.

The Kenmore Elite is very easy to use and operate. Just put your clothes in the dryer, set the timer, and relax. There is no need to check your clothes until they are finished. Have a cup of coffee or soda, you have free time.

The Kenmore Elite is very durable and reliable. This dryer comes with a very good reputation from a wonderful, dependable companyt

The Kenmoree Elite has a great design. The dryer comes in many colors. Pick your favorite color that will match your other appliances and your laundry room will be complete. There is no hassle.

Middle of the road

from Greensburg, PA

Comments about Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I have owned and used this dryer for about two years. I have found it to be pretty dependable. It can dry a large load of laundry in about 50 minutes on medium to medium high heat. In my opinion, that is merely average and not especially impressive. I do not bother to use the predetermined settings (Normal, Jeans, delicates, etc.) because I have not had much luck with the clothing being dry in the amount of time allowed. I default exclusively to the timed setting and need to add more time to the default setting of 40 minutes on nearly every load if I want to have the clothes dry in one cycle, without my having to walk down to the basement and reset it for additional time. Also, the dryer will run even if the door is not fully latched, which is ridiculous because the efficiency is greatly diminished by heat escaping through the unsealed door. I would not recommend nor would I purchase this machine again.

• Load Capacity:

We get so many thick and heavy loads done on this machine.

Comments about Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Even our really big loads get super dry and with minimal effort and no damage to clothing. We've had quite a few dryers and this one takes so many clothes and cleans so quickly we are really fortunate to have this appliance, awesome machine.

Load Capacity
So much room, we really get everything dry and finished in almost half the time we did before, so convenient to get so much done at once, top marks for space.

Great performance in little time, we can't ask for much more. It doesn't even even seem to break a sweat with our heavy towel loads, and they never come out damp either.

Everything is marked and label with easy, readable buttons and modes. Our toddler likes to play around with it and even she seems to get the thing plowing properly, very simple.

We don't have any complaints with any of the modes, we've had it for over 2 years and it hasn't failed us yet, a real work hose.

Our friends always compliment us on how well this dryer accentuates our other appliances, very appealing to the eyes.

Amazing and Efficient Dryer

Comments about Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We purchased this dryer after much research and have been very pleased with it. The design looks very nice and is functional. In the first place we lived there was enough space to put the washer and dryer side by side but in our next location we had to stack them which was very easy with a stacking kit (another reason I'm glad we went with these and not a traditional top loader system that couldn't be stacked). The capacity is huge which is nice when it comes to large loads and things like large bed comforters. The sensors work well so your clothes get dry (I've never had wet jeans or towels come out) but not too dry. If you are tall I would recommend getting the stands (or placing them on a strong ledge) so you don't have to bend over each time to get the load out. The lint catcher is easy to clean and the stainless steel interior is top notch. I've also been impressed with how quiet this machine is. We have it in our kitchen and we haven't been disturbed during our meals because of a loud washer or dryer.

Kenmore dryer

Quiet Dryer, Works well

Comments about Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

This dryer is great because of so many reasons. First of all it's very quiet. It has many different settings. It works so well on delicate fabrics that it saves on having to go to the dry cleaners. The quick dry setting is actually quick, and unlike other dryers the clothes come out dry. And so many more helpful settings. As well as timed dry. This dryer is cost effective. Overall a great value for the cost. Again the biggest downfall is the amount of lint that is made does sometime make me nervous (due to fire hazard).

Load Capacity
One of my favorite things about this dryer is it's large loading capacity.The dryer can dry large loads in a single loading without having damp spots throughout the load.

The "Even Heat technology" protects the fabric of your clothes and drys them gently and quickly. There is even a wrinkle gaurd setting that works quite well.

Easy to use

Satisfactory

As far as I could find, this model was only available in white. I personally prefer a white washer / dryer combo so this was not an issue for me but I can see how it could be for others especially since stains and dirt become visible if cleaning is not done regularly. I have also noticed that an excessive amount of lint builds up, this lint build up could potentially lead to a fire hazard.

Overall Good

Comments about Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

Haven't owned this dryer for over two months, I think it has worked pretty well so far, just like its washer counterpart, which I purchased together as a pair. It has a pretty good design, very easy to use, energy efficient(good for the environment and your wallet), has an extremely large capacity, and has operated very well. I barely hear any noise when it is in use, and it also doesn't take too long for the dryer to run its course. I love the front load design and its size isn't extremely large so I could fit it into a pretty tight spot in the garage. Very good capacity for a relatively small machine! As with the washer, I cannot say much about the dryer's durability as I haven't owned and used it for too long, but I'd say for the few months i have had and used it, it has worked perfectly and the laundry comes out dry and cleaned. I would recommend the Kenmore Elite HE3 Steam Super Capacity Electric Dryer to someone who wants a dryer with a large capacity but doesn't have too much space.

• Load Capacity:

It does the job...but sometimes it overdoes it.

Comments about Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

I bought the Kenmore Elite he3 Set on Black Friday in 2009. We had just moved into a new house and this was our big splurge. The dryer has more settings than than I ever thought that I would use (although I have used them all) and a stay flat rack for drying things on. The steam touch up feature is great for when you want to freshen something up in the morning before you leave the house and don't have time to iron. However, this dryer only gets an 8 because of it's time feature. When you put something on, it can show that you have 10 minutes left for upwards of an hour. I imagine that this is because of the dampness sensors...but the time should change that is showing on the window. It's very disappointing.

Load Capacity
I've dried my King Size comforter in here. However, to get it completely dry, I do need to take it out and turn it once during the cycle.

It's a good dryer but I wish that it showed the correct amount of time left on the display.

The buttons and settings are all very straightforward. There's no guessing to do here!

4 years of almost daily use and it's still ticking!

The best of the best

Comments about Kenmore Elite 7.2 cu. ft. Electric Dryer:

We initially had a hand me down gas dryer that had issues and took forever to dry clothes. After we finally decided to replace it, we decided to look at electric dryers. We looked at several models and the Kenmore elite electric dryer had everything we wanted and more.

Load Capacity
The Kenmore dryer has an extremely large load capacity. We can fit two loads from our washer into the dryer. This is extremely convenient for drying comforters and large blankets, as well.

We are very happy with how well the dryer performs. This dryer has multiple settings making it very convenient for almost any purpose. One of my favorite settings is the steam refresh. This allows me to throw in a wrinkled shirt (or five) and quickly have the wrinkles come out. This setting takes about fifteen minutes, and it saves me from ironing. It is such an amazing feature!

This dryer is built to last; we feel confident that we won't have to replace our dryer for many years because of how durable it is.