Other Refrigerators:

Kenmore Elite 57712 / 57719 (25.1 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

A nice size refrigerator for a family!

We bought this refrigerator recently when buying appliances for our new house. I have always preferred the side by side option because of space – it seems to have more usable space than the top freezer version. Also a bonus is the icemaking/filtered water feature. I like this feature even though the downside to this option is the high cost of the filters for the water. Depending on how much you use this option, you can really end up paying a lot for filters. The interior shelves are clear and easy to remove and clean. I like the clear drawers because I can see what I have in them – and the bottom drawer can be used for meat or veggies/fruit, which is a nice option also for anyone with an abundance of product. The drawers do come out fairly easy and can be arranged to fit how you want them to be organized. The shelves on the door are nicely sized and you can fit things like milk in them. All in all, it is a good sized refrigerator and I would recommend it to anyone. It is still working great for us.

Noise Level
Not loud at all. The ice machine could be loud at times, but I think it is hardly noticeable.

Interior Organization
Everything is spaced out pretty well and it is easy to customize things so that your items fit your needs.

Temperature Control
We've had ours for three years and had no temperature control problems.

Very easy to interior pieces and the wipe-down surface is fairly easy to scrub things off.

Interior is very durable. Exterior has withstood the beatings of my three boys under the age of 6, so I think it could past most tests!

I like the side by side design because it works for me. It is pretty wide though. If your space is small, you may want to look at another fridge.

Nice looking refrigerator good for families that often eat out

While this lovely looking refrigerator appears to have ample room to store food, beverages and condiments, it actually falls short in space.

Bottles of carbonated beverages will only fit if you jack up the shelves, leaving little room to store other items such as meats, leftovers and prepared items.
The bins have the same problem. They appear large, when in fact, after a full shopping of fruits and vegetables hardly fit into the two bins below. You have to stack your greens so tightly that the shelf life suffers.
As far as the freezer goes, forget about getting a frozen pizza. The box simply will not fit. And if it does, it is only because there is nothing else loaded in there and you awkwardly place it standing up. The convenience of the ice machine seems worthy, yet, it grossly pushes into the area that would otherwise be used to house frozen good. The water comes out a little too slowly for our taste and the crushed ice almost always makes a mess.
What we like about this fridge is the stainless steel. We also like that the temperature of both the refrigerator and freezer are always spot on. So there are no worries about spoilage.

Noise Level
Basically, no noise except when the freezer is making ice.

Interior Organization
No room for anything. Awkward shelve space.

Perfectly, spot on.

Where's the space?

Side-by-Side Disappoints

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Kenmore Elite 57712 / 57719 (25.1 cu. ft.) Side by Side Refrigerator:

My refrigerator replaced a GE that I was VERY unhappy with, but I have not been much happier with the Kenmore. I am disappointed.

Noise Level
For a new refrigerator I think it runs very loudly and frequently.

Interior Organization
This is the WORST! Part of the problem is the side-by-side design. It has more cubic feet inside than the refrigerator it replaced, which was a top freezer design. However, the configuration of the side-by-side makes it impossible to load many of the items I want to keep because it is too narrow to fit things.

Temperature Control
The freezer is set BELOW the mid-point recommended and still keeps my ice cream too frozen. The refrigerator is set ABOVE the mid-point recommended and still does not keep drinks cold enough, especially when it is full because of a party.

It cleans OK, but I need to use a product like Soft Scrub to get it really clean. It will not clean easily outside with just a rag. Inside cleans very well.

This is a guess, but with the way it runs too loudly, I am not confident in the durability.

The exterior is very attractive. The inside configuration design is terrible.

• Temperature Control:

A great fridge for mid-size families.

Although not large in size,it is perfect for compact kitchens. There is plenty of room inside for a medium size family. Temperature controls are simple and have never failed me. The ice and water dispenser make this a refrigerator worth having. So,if you live in an apartment,mobile home,or a home with a galley style kitchen,this fridge is for you. Also available in different colors,including stainless steel,for that perfect kitchen you've dreamed of.

• Temperature Control:

Fridge could use some work

This fridge is okay. Not worth the money. It does its job. There is trim around the shelves that pull off with ease from my 1 year old and they do not snap back on. The ice maker freezes solid and does not allow ice to flow out the front of the door. It only does cubed ice even though there is an option for crushed. If you use the crushed ice feature the ice maker freezer up immediately. We have to thaw out the ice and start fresh at least once a week.

Noise Level
The noise level is pretty low except for when the water is being drawn through and when the ice misses the container and falls to the bottom of the freezer

Interior Organization
Organization is low. The drawers are not spacious.

Temperature Control
Temperature is great in this fridge. The fridge keeps items cold, and not frozen and the freezer keeps things frozen.

Cleaning in pretty easy. The shelves slide right out and come clean pretty easy. With a 12 year old, 7 year old, and 1 year old there is always something spilled and it usually comes up with ease.

the trim pieces pop off easily inside. My 1 year old popped them off and they do not snap back on.

Design is ok. I would make the drawers slightly more spacious.

• Temperature Control:

Still ticking and working great!

Never had a problem. Had this fridge for many years and was the second owner even. I'd actually love a new stainless steel but can't bring myself to get rid of this one considering there isn't one thing wrong with it.

Noise Level
Minimal noise. I really only ever even notice it when its super duper quiet. You may hear the icemaker now and again but I just really don't even notice it.

• Temperature Control:

Refrigerator that stands the test of time

This refrigerator has lasted through two moves. I have really been impressed with the amount of durability. It has proven time and time again that it was worth the money!

I would definitely recommend this refrigerator to family and friends. I am not planning on purchasing a new refrigerator anytime soon but I know that if I do purchase one soon it will be a kenmore and I will use this current refrigerator as a second refrigerator in our basement for storage.

Noise Level
I never really notice the sounds coming from it. Mainly the noises that do come are from the water dispenser for the ice maker.

Interior Organization
Great organization. I love the different shelves and containers that can be used and I also enjoy the fact that I can change the spaces between the containers on the doors if I need extra room for a particular item.

Temperature Control
You just have to use it correctly. You cant turn it up very fast...you have to do it in small increments so as to not overwhelm the thermometer.

Keeps fruit and veggies very fresh and helps them last longer.

Meat drawer has a temperature control tab in order to change the temperature based on the type of meat.

Very easy to remove and hand wash all containers and shelves. All though I would not mind having a self cleaning fridge.

Great durability. When we have to go buy another fridge I will most definitely buy another kenmore fridge...but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

• Temperature Control:

a good size for a family of three

this kenmore elite 57712/57719 side by side refrigerator can be purchased at a really good affordable price. i got mine at the local home depot in white. it has a ice maker that you can adjust to crushed or cubed ice. i make my own ice in ice cube trays and then put it in the ice bin to use later on.The freezer side is just alittle bit smaller than the fridge side.the temperature holds up really well and i dont have to worry about freezer burns on my food.

This product is outstanding

This refrig is very roomy and is made very well. Lots of extra freezer space. I love my frig.

Noise Level
I don't hear much noise from this refrig at all. It runs very quietly.

Interior Organization
I am able to store all items conveniently and in an orderly fashion.

Temperature Control
The temperatures are easily accessible and I am able to keep the refrig at the temperature that is necessary.

I am able to get around the refrig and it is very easy to keep clean.

The outside of the refrig seems very durable and even the inside parts are well made.

• Temperature Control:

Six years and still going, worth every penny we paid for it.

Kenmore is a brand we trust. We are completely satisfied with this product and would highly recommend it. We knew from past experience with this brand that we would be satisfied. We also knew that by paying a little more for the brand and product, we would get our money's worth...and we have! Sear's is a great company and Kenmore is a great brand.

Noise Level
The main noises come from the cooler kicking on and the ice machine. That's about all you hear. Once you recognize the noises and where they are coming from, you hardly notice the minimal noises coming from the refrigerator. Sometimes, the "ice dump" noise can catch you off-guard, though.

Interior Organization
This part could be a little better. The door is awkward sometimes with the height constrictions. We wish this would have been better allocated.

I wish that the shelves were easier to clean. It is sometimes a little hard to get into those edges.

We have had ours for six very active years now and with two young children. No problems whatsoever with this category.

I wish the door would have the space and/or heights allocated a little differently.

• Temperature Control:

Great reliable product currently own.

We currently own the product and are completely satisfied with the product in all areas inquired about below.

Noise Level
It is not loud & very rarely hear it making ice.

Interior Organization
The shelves & drawers can be temp regulated & moved around to choice.

Temperature Control
Like that I can change drawers temp.

Very easy to take items out to clean.

Can handle my active family use.

Very easy to access.

• Temperature Control:

Good for families with kids

What I really like about this fridge is that it has buttons for ice and water dispensing. I have two small children and let me tell you - our previous fridge was "lost" due to pulled off paddles. Kenmore Elite fridge also allows for easy reconfiguration, which is important since our family needs change daily. The water filter is easy to change - just with it would last a little longer between changes.