3.9
Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven

Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven

3.9

Kenmore Quality

I bought and installed my Kenmore Elite micro/convection oven this spring. It is fabulous to not need to heat up the huge oven just to make a flat bread pizza of a couple servings of french fries.

The interior is stainless as is the outside. The interior is also very roomie. When using the rack for convection cooking you still have room for a typical Pyrex type dish.

The controls are very easy to follow and you can time things like starting times and when the over stove light comes on (very nice as I work 3-11p). The exhaust fan is strong on 4 and 5 settings but I am not sure that the lower settings really do that much exhausting. It is quieter than most though and that is good. Returning to the controls, everything is pretty much right there or will run through the display with very clear directions.

I did not realize how badly my old one was working until I got the new one. Foods are evenly baked/warmed and done so in quickest time ever. I have had no difficulties with the device in the several months I have owned it.

Got a lemon!

We bought this Microwave oven on sale in December.  We thought we were getting a good deal!  In late January it stopped working.  When we tried to return it to the store for a new one, they told us we had to get it repaired NOT replaced.  So we traipsed to the nearest Repair Center (they don't do that at the store).  After waiting over a week, we got it back and it worked fine again.  Then, a few months later, it stopped working again.  So we endured another week and a half without a microwave and now it is working fine but we are just waiting for the next breakdown.  We decided to purchase a service agreement in case of another breakdown after the one year warranty period.

Besides our breakdowns, it is a decent microwave.  It is large inside so it holds bigger casserole dishes.  It has many sensor heat settings which makes it easy for kids to use.  Just pop something in and punch in the right code to heat the item.  It also has a "soften butter" feature which comes in handy when baking.

Would have been great, but the alert tone ruins it.

Comments about Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven:

The alert tone is poorly designed. If you leave something in it, the oven will beep every minute to remind you. If it did this once or twice, that would be fine, but it does it FOREVER! What if you decide you want to take a nap instead of drink that coffee you put in there? NOPE -- Not until you've tended to your needy microwave oven! Defrosting something carefully? I hope you're not planning on a partial defrost, because at some point you'll have to go tend to your needy microwave oven!
This is not a good microwave unless you enjoy having machines tell you what to do. Turning the tones off completely is an available option, but a very lame one.

Settings/Features
See comments about tone feature above, in overall rating.

See comments about tone feature above, in overall rating.

• Settings/Features:

It heats really fast

from Port Aransas, TX

Comments about Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven:

So far so good1  We really like that it heats so quickly.  We live in an rv, and run everything on Solar, so the fact that this one heats so much faster actually ends up evening out.  It does use more power, but in the end it all works out.  I have only used it as a convection oven once, because I have to find round baking pans, since you can not turn off the turntable function.  This is my only complaint thus far.

Great Value

from Naples, FL

Comments about Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven:

I've had this microwave for 10 years and it still works just as well as it did back when I first got it. This was the best buy. I know lots of people who had their microwaves much less and they were ready to get new ones. Mine looks like it could go another 10 years.

Don't buy Kenmore Elite Products!

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven:

I bought the Kenmore Elite Stove, Refrigerator, Microwave, Dishwasher and Oven when I built my house in 2004. I bought these after reading reviews and doing alot of homework....they all were raving about this model being the best. I bought the 5 year warranty on all of the products.

We were good and had our annual services for our appliances up until the warranty expired....then the warranty ran out. The stove had a problem and needed new parts...then it was recalled with a fire hazard! The microwave handle broke...then showed an F7 and turned off....the part wasn't worth replacing...so had to buy a new microwave. The ice maker broke on the fridge...then the temperature element wouldn't regulate proper temperatures. The dishwasher was so loud, that we couldn't watch TV in the living room without turning it up very far. The dishes rarely came out clean...very frustrating! So we replaced that with a Boshe. All of the elite products broke, didn't run well, or just wasn't what they promised. These products should have lasted 10 years...not 6!

This microwave looks sleek!

from Lebanon, OR

Comments about Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven:

We have had this Kenmore stainless steel microwave for about four years. We love the size inside which is very generous. I can defrost large packages of meat without any trouble. I love the one tough buttons for food such as baked potatoes or popcorn. The control buttons are easy to use and simple to follow. The glass turntable removes easily for cleaning. The slick sides inside the microwave are easy to clean as well. The front wipes down with soap and water and looks as good as new when I am done. Food cooks evenly and quickly in this microwave. I do love how sleek it looks in my kitchen as microwaves don't normally look very luxurious. They are necessary but I like that this fits in with the look of my other applicances.

Is truly elite

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven:

I love this microwave. The color scheme is perfect (black and gray), and works very well. I like the dial because it is pretty tech-savvy. There are not many problems with this microwave , but sometimes the tray inside does not rotate , we have tried to fix it but each time the maintenance person cannot get it to work.

MICROWAVE AND CONVECTION OVER THE COUNTER WONDER

from Jupiter, FL

Comments about Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven:

LOVE THIS MICROWAVE  AND IT IS A SPACEMAKER OVER THE COUNTER.  THE ROTATING DISH IS GREAT . IT HAS MANY OF TEMPS , JUST READ THE PANEL TO COOK AT EASE.   THE SENSOR AUTO DEFROST , AUTO COOK IS SIMPLE . THE INSIDE DOOR HAS ALL THE THE INSTRUCTIONS.  IT CAN MELT SOFTEN.  AND THE CONVECTION MAKES COOKING COOK AND EASY IT IS LARGE ENOUGH FOR A ROAST OR A CASSEROLE

love the presets

from Albany, NY

Comments about Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven:

i purchased this microwave for two reasons - kenmore reputation of quality and its red!  It has several preset tht work perfectly, the timing is alwas accurate.  It has a great tuntable, plenty of room and I am so saisfied with the quality.  Reasonably priced from one of te few companies tha still stands behind thei products.

Kenmore Quality

from La Mesa, CA

Comments about Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven:

Overall good microwave/convection oven, but lacks power

from Fort Collins, CO

Comments about Kenmore Elite 1.5 Cubic Feet Convection Microwave Oven:

The Kenmore Elite microwave/convection oven was a replacement for an old microwave that broke down. Unfortunately, we bought it on impulse without doing proper research (and I never do that!) It is completely adequate and gets the job done, however it just doesn't seem to heat things up as well (as fast) as my old microwave, even though this one has more wattage.

I had never used a convection oven before, so I had no idea what to expect with that, I have used it to make a pizza, and it does brown the crust, but the cheese does not get real "melty." The convection is not any faster than a regular oven, which surprised me (I always thought it was supposed to be faster).

Overall, this unit is fine and we will stick with it. It has many useful functions for reheating various kinds of things (casserole, dinner plate), it has a popcorn setting, it has a "one minute quick button." It also has a kitchen timer function where you do not need to have anything in the microwave to set it.