3.5

Pros

Cons

not a big fan

Comments about Kenmore Electric Range 9747:

In my opinion Kenmore Electric Range 9747 is an OK product. It looks good, has an attractive design, is sleek but difficult to clean. The small spots caused to excessive cooking/boiling doesn't come off well. It has a large viewing window which is nice but the cleaning part just annoys me. It has no knobs thank god one percent of cleaning is less. :) The elements heat up quickly and the controls are easy to operate. I would suggest checking out other electric ranges before buying Kenmore 9747. Also if you are not a big fan of electronic/digital controls don't buy it. You have to spend a lot of time on the manual to understand the controls.

Kenmore electric cook stove

Comments about Kenmore Electric Range 9747:

We bought this stove used about a year ago it was 6 years old we really liked how it looked and it worked great for about 9 mon. then my oven went wacky got really hot and started beeping and wouldn't turn off. I love the convection part of it and it looks really nice I just think that a stove should last longer than 6 years we let it sit for a while and then it worked fine but I still don't trust it . Also the door on the oven doesn't want to stay closed it wants to hang open just enough that the light will come on. I have been kinda dissapionted in kenmore that they didn't build a better quality oven. If I had to buy another one (which I probably will soon) I wouldn't get a kenmore.

• Heat Distribution:

Does the job, looks good

from Silver Spring, MD

Comments about Kenmore Electric Range 9747:

I have no complaints with this stove. I am not as good at keeping the flat cooking surface in perfect condition, as some ovens I've seen, but it still cleans up well. I certainly don't miss old style burners.
I had a need to buy a stove for another house I have and chose the exact same model, as I liked mine so much.

Temperature Control
Lots of options

Heat Distribution
seems good to me

So far So good, it's only been a couple of years.

It looks good in the kitchen, the features are modern. I haven't had any trouble, though I wish I'd opted for the center warming burner.

I say satisfactory because I've had trouble getting the cook top back to new looking condition as I've seen others do. I was afraid at first to do any damage and may have been overly cautious the first time something boiled over (the very first meal I cooked on it of course, a thick creamy liquid) and didn't clean it as aggressively as I might. There's some seemingly permanent smearing around the textured part of the heating area. I also find it hard to get the oven glass completely clean.

Decent Product

from Pompano Beach, FL

Comments about Kenmore Electric Range 9747:

Overall, the range is very easy to use and clean. The heat distribution is great compare to many other brands. There is one thing that I do not like. The lock on the oven would only lock if the oven is being cleaned. It is an automatic locked within the oven, not the latch from the older style, so it would not lock when we are cooking. Since I have a small child, I found it scary to know that she can open the door while the oven is on.