3.9

Pros

Cons

Good lookin' but..

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher 1321:

We purchased this dishwasher to match our fridge, which we are pretty happy with. My husband likes to purchase extended warranty on all our big purchases and I am glad he did. It's been 1.5 years that we have purchased our dishwasher. It run's once a day (mostly in the night). We have found our best setting - it's the energy saver cycle. All the other cleaning cycles didn't really clean good enough. This setting will take a few hours to clean our dishes, but like I said, we don't mind this a lot, since it runs in the night. The buttons are easy to use (with some instructions next to it) and hidden on top. As soon as the machine runs and you have to open the dishwasher again, you will have to press the Start button again, or else you will find your dishwasher with water sitting in the bottom :) We used dishwasher-liquid for the first few months, but since it's stainless steel all on the inside, we had a lot of lime build up. We are using now the dishwasher-tablets and they keep the stainless steel clean and no lime-build up anymore. Dishes are clean and good smelly. My 7-Rating is based on the durability. Just yesterday it had happened to me - I pull out the top-drawer (gently as always) and the wheels on both sides snapped off. The plastic, that snaps the wheels on, broke off on almost all of them. Now, after only 1.5 years I have to contact Sears already and request a new top-drawer. Back to handwash my dishes.

Very quiet

Cleaning Time
Energy setting will take a few hours

Loading Flexibility
Lots of room for everything

I am only using one setting, the energy saver setting. We have tried other settings, but it didn't clean the dishes as good as the energy setting.

Very modern and sleek looking. Matches my fridge just perfect.

Purchased it 1.5 years ago, already have to call customer-service to replace the top-drawer. The plastic-wheels snapped off on almost all of them.

• Loading Flexibility:

This dishwasher does good but be sure to use liquid detergent.

from West Virginia

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher 1321:

I do like my dishwasher but it just doesn't compare to hand washing. This washer has an easy to open handle so if I have one of my hands full, I can just open the dishwasher with my other hand. I like that I don't have to pull too hard to get it open. The inside has lots of storage space to place my dishes. It has an easy pull out rack that I can pull towards me and being to fill with dishes.

I like that there are slots for different types of dishes. There's a tray specifically for forks, knives, and spoons and other utensils to that they aren't lost or laying down in the dishwasher. There are also slots specifically for plates. It also has raised notches to place glasses on.

The water sprays hard in this machine but if I use a powder detergent it doesn't seem to get the dishes as clean and I find flakes of powder in the dishwasher. I prefer to use a liquid detergent even though it says it should work fine with powder.

I do like the machine but I often would rather hand wash because I find pieces of food left on my dishes, the dishes are streaked, and things just aren't as clean as with washing. It's like the difference between a car wash and a hand wash. The dishes are clean but not as clean as they could be.

Noise Level
It doesn't make much noise. It makes less noise than my washer or dryer.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning time is fast but the dishes are not as clean as I would like.

Loading Flexibility
The loader has plenty of slots for all my dishes. It holds a lot of dishes and it has special spots for everything.

It gets the dishes clean but for dishes with lots of crud on them, they just aren't as clean or sparkly as I would like.

It has a great design and holds all my dishes.

I haven't had any issues with my machine. It's been working just fine for several years now and I have no complaints in this area.

good dishwasher

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher 1321:

The Good: The dishwasher looks beautiful. Its stainless steel front looks very clean and wipes up easily. I love that the buttons are hidden on the top of the door so they are not visible when the door is shut. The machine is very easy to use and has great settings such as a one hour wash and a pots and pans setting. The washer usually gets my dishes very clean, although I do have to rinse as I have not had luck putting super soiled dishes straight into the washer. The shelves have plenty of room to load it with lots of dishes and it can even fit the largest pots I have. This is also amazingly quiet when running!

The Not so good: I cannot put super dirty dishes in this washer, they will not get clean. The normal cycles take a very long time, but I haven't timed it to know how long. And I can't completely figure out how much detergent to use: too much and it get detergent residue everywhere, too little and the dishes do not get clean.

The good far outweighs any negatives and I really like this dishwasher!

• Loading Flexibility:

Good product but sometimes you have to wash your dishes twice

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher 1321:

I like my dishwasher but sometimes you have to wash your dishes twice. It is better when you use the tablets instead of the detergent stuff. If your a wine drinker you'll have to wash your dishes by hand because it just doesn't clean them well enough. But I have put some nasty plates in there and it's gotten then clean

Not very durable with hard water

Hate it!

from Merrillville, IN

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher 1321:

I have this dishwasher in black and hate it. The bottom rack does not have anything to make sure it stays on track. Thus, the lower rack is always getting off track and I am afraid one day all my plates on the bottom rack will break. Before I purchased the dishwasher I checked all of the functions that it offered but never thought about if the bottom rack had a decent tracking system. Also there is no good place to put large cutting knives and long serving utensils.

Noise Level
The noise level is good.

Takes a long time.

Loading Flexibility
No place for long serving utensils or long knives.

It is okay.

ok.

Not sure yet. Can't get past the tracking system for the bottom rack.

• Loading Flexibility:

Good for price, some drawbacks

from Poulsbo, WA

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher 1321:

This review is for Kenmore 13273. It is quiet and cleans well, though has some awkwardness and a long cycle time.

It is very quiet.

Cleaning Time
It takes a very long time to wash disher due to its energy saving engineering. Expect to wait a couple hours for clean dishes. This is the main drawback to the machine.

Loading Flexibility
The loading design is very basic and there are no fold down tines. The silverware holder takes up more space than I need and would have preferred the box to be two pieces so I could remove one of them for more plate space. Reaching the silverware holder to put items in is a little awkward.

It clean dishes pretty well, not quite as well as my old maytag though.

The design is basic. I do love the hidden controls. One odd thing is that you have to push a couple buttons if you add a plate midcycle. It is sleek and makes my kitchen look fancier. It has manual filters inside but they don't need cleaned very often. Having these filters makes the machine quieter as it doesn't need to chop up your food scraps.

The dishwasher seems sturdy, though the racks are average. The door seems very solid and it is sort of heavy.

• Loading Flexibility:

Clean dishes very quietly....not sure why it smells though.

from Perry Hall, MD

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher 1321:

We bought this brand new in May 2013 and we rinse our dishes each time before placing it in the washer. We use it about every other day. For some reason it doesn't smell the best though (food is not the reason). It smells like a wet dog when we open it. That is the only thing I'd say we don't like about it.

• Loading Flexibility:

Best appliance I have ever purchased!

from Oceanside, CA

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher 1321:

I installed this myself (I am a regular old Mom of 4) fairly easily, and it is fabulous. Super quiet, cleans the dishes, glasses and flatware amazingly! It looks sleek and the controls are hidden, holds a ton of dirty dishes, but most importantly gets everything CLEAN! We have very hard (lime) water, and so far no problems with this machine. It takes a while to get through the cycle, but since it is so quiet, who cares?

• Loading Flexibility:

stainless steel gets fingerprints easy

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher 1321:

the dishes come out very wet and the stainless steel have everything that touches it sticks to the stainless.

quietest I have seen

Cleaning Time
It seems to be a little long

Loading Flexibility
just as good as any dishwasher standard size.

the only complaint is the water left on the dishes

I like the looks very sleek!

I just wish it didn't show fingerprints so much!