4.8

4.8

Great dishwasher

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

We just bought a house a couple of months ago and it came with this built in dishwasher. We immediately began using it and we love it! We love that it's stainless steel on the inside (unlike our previous one). We also love that the silverware basket is very large! This dishwasher is spacious and easy to load. It gets the dishes very clean. It's not the quietest dishwasher ever but it's not super loud easier. We're totally satisfied with the noise level. This appliance comes with a lock feature where you can hold the heated dry button for 4 seconds and it locks all the buttons so others (ie kids) can't come push the buttons and turn it on or off. That was great til our 4 year old figured it out. This is not the fastest dishwasher either as it takes 1.5- 2 hours to wash a load of dishes (on normal cycle, no heated dry on). But it's not a big deal for us because we turn on the dishes right before bed anyways. My wife and I would both recommend this dishwasher!

• Noise Level:
  • Cleaning Time:
  • Loading Flexibility:

"A good deal and a well-known company."

from Kemp, TX

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

Kenmore Built-In Dishwasher (1383) is a wonderful deal and a notorious name.The worker who brought and installed my dishwasher also informed me dishwasher efficiency is measured in kilowatt hours per year (kWh/yr), gallons per cycle (gal/cycle), and Energy Factor (EF). Energy Factor is a number computed for each dishwasher which enables you to compare the relative per-cycle efficiency of different units. The equation for Energy Factor is one divided by the kWh per cycle. This gives the number of cycles that can be powered with one kWh of energy. It doesn't make a lot of noise, it actually has a relaxing humm. I would recommend Kenmore Built-In Dishwasher (1383) to every family and all households. Kenmore is a trusted name and I hope everyone can enjoy the product. Manufacturers occasionally change the performance specifications of a given model without changing the model number. This means it is possible for two products with the same model number and differing performance characteristics to be available at the same time.

Kenmore Dishwasher Cleans Up!

from West Hartford, CT

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

We bought this model when we moved into our house ten years ago and it is still going strong. I have not noticed any reduction in cleaning power over the years. It has a great capacity, even for the huge pasta bowls that are a staple at mealtime around our house. It does a much better job of cleaning off baked-on matter off of Pyrex and other pans. My one negative observation is that the door to the detergent compartment sometimes sticks, so that the dishwasher runs through a full cycle without any detergent being released. However, it may have been caused by my pressing the door closed too firmly. Other than that, I would highly recommend this dishwasher to anyone in the market for a new one. It really does the job.

This Kenmore dishwasher gets the job done.

from Braidwood, IL

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

My Husband purchased this dishwasher for me a few years ago. Our other dishwasher stopped working. This Kenmore dishwasher works well and gets the job done. I do not need to do a lot of prerinsing. It is also quiet so the most part. We have a grate room, so the TV and the dishwasher are in the same room. I do find it difficult to run this dishwasher and watch TV, while still keeping the volume on the TV low enough as to not bother the kids while they are sleeping. However, this dishwasher has a delay button. It will start washing in 2, 4 or 6 hours. I just set that if I can't hear the TV and it works great. I wake up in the morning and the dishes are washed. The racks are spaced well. So far the racks are holding up very well. The prongs on the racks of my last dishwasher were worn down after a few years and the metal was exposed, which left a rust colored stain on a few on my dishes. It was been a good value so far.

I am very happy with this machine.

from Canton, MI

Comments about Kenmore Built-in Dishwasher:

I bought this dishwasher to replace an old Kenmore that was possibly over 30 years old.  It was still working, but it was noisy and inefficient.  A lot of prerinsing was required, and it did a poor job on pots and pans.  The new one is wonderful.  I have been testing it by washing very dirty items without prerinsing and it handles everything and does it much more quietly.  I am very pleased with it and would recommend it to anyone that requires  a middle of the line dishwasher that will handle almost any item they want to wash.  It is Energy Star rated.