Other Clothes Dryers:

Pros

Cons

Good Durable Dryer

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Electric Dryer:

We received this Kenmore 800 series dryer as a hand-me-down from friends. They owned it for three years and we've had it for seven years and it's still going strong with no repairs or problems! I use it at least once a day and sometimes up to four times a day. It dries fairly well with the exception of large loads of towels or jeans which can take a long time that I don't like to wait for. I like that it has a sensor drying option as well as a time-dry option for different things. I can fit my queen size quilts in it and it dries them pretty quick. The only thing I don't like about it is that the lint trap is on the top instead of in the door. I'm always shifting laundry baskets around trying to get the lint trap out, it would be nice to be able to set things on the top without having to move it every time to clean the lint trap. It's very straightforward and easy to use. It's nothing fancy but it gets the job done.

Nothing but Kenmore for me

from Flint, TX

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Electric Dryer:

I have always used Kenmore washers and dryers. In the 40 plus years that I have been married, I have only needed two sets of machines. The first set was still good when I donated it to a school because I just wanted a new set. As far as I know, those older machines are still in use after washing and drying many athletic department uniforms and many, many mop heads and rags for the janitors. That old set was so good that I went right back for new Kenmore machines. My second set has been just as good as the first and no signs of letting me down. I just like a simple no frills front load dryer where I can mostly use the Auto Moisture sensor and forget about the clothes until the signal goes off. But I also use the Timed dry or the Touch Up or Air cycles on occasion. Plus I do have the option of turning the buzzer signal off when it is necessary to have quiet in the house. It is an electric dryer which is what I have always used. Have no idea how long these will last because I have never worn out a set of washer/dryers. But when it happens, I will continue using Kenmore always.

Reliable and going strong after 11 years

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Electric Dryer:

A really good choice for someone looking for a reliable dryer.

Load Capacity
I am a chronic overloader. This dryer is great at accomidating my tendency to overload.

After eleven years of use this dryer is still going strong. I have never had this dryer serviced. The dryer is still delivering my laundry fluffy and hot.

The dryer is extrememly easy to use, even for someone who does not really understand the art of laundry. This dryer offers a few options such as air dry, medium heat, and hot heat. Once the user selects the heat temperature, they simply select the amount of time they would like the dryer to run, and they hit the start button. The user also gets to decide if they would like to annoying buzzer turned on or off. Super easy.

When appliance shopping, durability is the most important factor in selecting an appliance. I am not handy and incapable of doing any appliance repaire myself. I have used this dryer for eleven years and have never once had the applianced service. If this dryer were to only last one more year, I would count this purchase as a success.

This dryer is boring, I will be the first person to admit. It is a boring, white, boxy appliance. It is not shiny, nor new. If design is the most important aspect for you, I would suggest you purchase a colorful front loader.

• Load Capacity:

Love this dryer, I am pretty sure it will last a long time!

from Warsaw, IN

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Electric Dryer:

Dryers clothes very fast,wrinkle guard works very well and I love the large size of the drum inside.

Load Capacity
I can put a king size comforter in it and it drys pretty fast. My daughter always puts huge loads of clothes in it and they also dry in less time than our old one.

Performs well both drying large loads or just touching up a wrinkled item.

Very easy to use, buttons are easy to turn and understand, it has a sensing setting so you don't waste energy drying longer than needed.

Very durable, I have two young adults that use it often and they give it a run for its money and it still works great!

The design makes this machine very easy to use without being to complicated. I like the fact that it is not digital at all.

Very dependable dryer

from Hales Corners, WI

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Electric Dryer:

This dryer is fantastic! The different heat settings work great, and if you need to be sure your clothes are rid of bed bugs, just set it to the highest setting and it works like a charm! I highly recommend this dryer! I would definitely pick kenmore over other brands.

• Load Capacity:

The best dryer for getting the job done fast and GOOD

from North Little Rock, AR

Comments about Kenmore 800 Series Electric Dryer:

This is the best dryer I've ever owned and I've had the "best" front loaders. You can fit a King size quilt in it and it gets it dry in no time. My clothes stay fresh and last longer because the heat settings really work. The perm press option leaves your clothes with less wrinkles. I can dry a load and 1/2 in this dryer.

fits a king size quilt or 10 thick towels

heat and time options keep your clothes looking new

just select and push the start button

I've had mine for 8 years and it still looks and performs great

buttons are placed well and I like a nice white dryer