Other Washing Machines:

Pros

Cons

• Energy Efficiency:
    • Cleaning Time:

Great Washer for a family of three

I received the Kenmoore 80 series washer as a gift from a very generous friend.  We were newly married and ours had just gone kaput.  It was a godsend to say the least.  But i am happy to say that this machine is reliable and has wonderful cycles.  some of which i dont even use, im embarrassed to say.  i often use the heavy duty setting for all the grass and grease stains that are so lovingly bestowed upon me by son and husband respectlvely.  You can do longer and shorter cycles according to your needs.  there are also choices for delicates.  the only thing i have to complain about is that sometimes the clothes get tangled up a bit.  because its a top loader,  the clothes sometimes get caught in the agitator and cause the machine to stutter.  but that is a rare occurance.  mostly its a great machine that gets the clothes spic and span, even when i use the cold wash cycle to save on energy and money.

A decent washer

When we purchased our home, they took the washer/dryer they were supposed to leave, and we needed to buy something quick, so we purchased this off of craigslist.  It was already 3 years old, but "hadn't been used".  3 more years later (so 6 years old), it's still running great, with no problems yet (knock on wood).  It is a top-loading washer, which is fine that can fit a decent load.  It has four different settings: hand-wash, delicate, normal, and heavy load, as well as four different washes: ultra clean, perm. press, pre-wash and soak (which is great for my cloth diapers).  It also has the four basic temps (cold/cold, warm/cold, hot/cold and cold/warm) and three different loads (small, med, large).  It is really a simple washer that does the job.  The only problem we've had is that a screw came loose on the door, but that doesn't really matter.  So, overall, if you are not looking for anything fancy, but something that does the job, this is pretty good.

Almost 7 years of use and still works great

from Santee, CA

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

My Mother In Law bought us the Kenmore 80 series as a housewarming gift almost 7 years ago. I do a lot of laundry even though there are only 3 of us, so the large capacity and durability have sure come in handy.

I love the fact that I have so many options on speed settings and the fact that I can soak and also do second rinses. I also find that the handwash setting is a great option to have. These options were especially handy with all the baby clothes I had to wash when my son was an infant.

I would definitely recommend Kenmore washing machines and dryers as they have worked really well for us with minimal upkeep. The only real issue that I have had is with occasional balance problem with heavy loads. Ive learned how to even out the load and not pack it too full, which seems to fix the issue.

We paid for an extra service contract but have only used it for routine tune up and when I first started having the balance issue and thought it was the machine's issue, not the operator.

Kenmore Washers Don't Let You Down!

from Denton, TX

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

I love my Kenmore 80 series washer. I purchased it after I got married in our first apartment together so we have now had it for almost 5 years and have had absolutely no problems with it. It has even survived a move into the house we built. The Kenmore 80 series washer is really easy to use but still has all the features you would want such as the ability to select various temperatures and sizes for your loads. You can even select how long you want something to wash depending on how dirty your clothes are. This saves you electricity and water. This machine is energy efficient and was also a great value for what it does. The only down-side is it is not very quiet but if you have it in your laundry room just shut the door!

I love this washing machine!

from Millington, TN

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

I purchased this washing machine 11 years ago and it runs just as good as the day I bought it. The capacity is one the largest of any machine, so it can definetly handle large loads. However, I did have to have a belt replaced after owning the machine for about 9 years. The repair man informed me that this was probably due to overfilling the washer and I had actually washed my queen size comforter the week before that particular part broke. So I would recommend not filling it to its full capacity. Overall, it has been a very durable and reliable washer. I actually considered purchasing a new washer at the time that the belt broke and I could not find a washer with as many features as this one at a comparable price. To this day I still love this washing machine!

simple..it cleans

from Houston, TX

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

I picked up a used 80 series about a month ago as my first washer.  I didn't expect much for the price I paid but I'm pleasantly surprised.  The washer has enough settings to handle nearly any load I want to throw at it.  It's relatively easy to clean as well.  Loads can vary in time from about half an hour to twice as long, but the clothes come out fine.  I've used other washers in the past that spun so much that it created a lot of wrinkles, but this one does not have that problem.  I do not use a delicate cycle but I don't feel like the washer has been too harsh on fabric.

The door operation is still a little finicky.  I can open the door during spin cycles sometimes, which could be unsafe.  I would prefer that it stop if the door opens, but the only way to stop the cycle is to pull the knob out.  It's still relatively new, but I believe this washer to be efficient as my utility bills have not been excessive.

Never again

from East Hampton, CT

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

I purchased a Kenmore Washing machine and it only lasted 4 years.  When I called for service it was cheaper to go out and purchase another machine.  I will stick to my Name Brand products for now on.  It was my first and last Kenmore product.  Never Again!!

incredible

from El Dorado Hills, CA

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

This is an incredible type of machine which gives the garments good washing and feel so warmth. You can put anything in it and it dont cause a problem and any amount of loud can be place also in it. It makes the laundry as clean as ever.It is very inexpensive and full of quality. The machine also use less energy, therefore my bill is not expensive when it is use for quite a while.That is why i love this machine so and i would  recomend any one to go and get it. This washing mashine can be use for both large and medium louds not to mension smalll louds. You can place your laundry to soak and presoak over night and when its done your whites and colored are bran new again. This machine is not like others which are so expensive, use more than is expected energy and dont give a good wash.Persons of low income would more and likely to go and get this kind of machine which meets their demands .

Haven't had the best experience with mine

from Portland, OR

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

I've had pretty lousy luck with washing machines, and I guess my luck isn't changing anytime soon. I was happy with my Kenmore Heavy Duty 80 Series washing machine the first two months of using it (I got a used one) and then things started going downhill.  At first I noticed my clothes were coming out a little too damp . I didn't think much of it, and re-ran the cycle. Everything came out fine. That happened a couple times, and it wasn't too much of an inconvenience, but when it stopped going into spin cycle every single time - leaving me with sopping wet clothes and towels that needs wringing and then drip drying before being put into the dryer - that was a problem. I did some trouble shooting online and tried a couple things that didn't leave me with a solution to my problem, and finally had my handyman come out to take a look. Turns out we need to order a part for it, and I hope that does the trick. I guess that's just my luck.

Sometimes fancy just isn't better-this washer gets the job done

from Williamstown, WV

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

This washer has been with me since I got married and has survived 3 moves in it's 8 years.  I am dazzled by the new machines on the market-the front loaders, the fancy colors, the feature that allows soap to be directly put in the machine . . . but I think simple might just be better on this one.

I have never once had a problem with this machine and my husband (the complete opposite of a handyman) was able to put it together without any difficulty and have it running in no time.  We have never needed service on the machine and have never had a problem with the way it washes.  I think some of the extra features are a little wasted (setting an exact temperature for the wash?) but it's nice to have options I suppose.

Many people complain about washers smelling after time and needing "cleaned" but mine has been in use for a family of three for years and I have never even considered "washing" the inside of it and have never noticed a smell.

This is a loud machine . . . but unless you are in an apartment with close neighbors I don't know why that would be a negative feature.  Overall a great washer that I expect will last me at least 10 more years!

A decent washer

from Hales Corners, WI

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

Great top load washer for price and efficiency

from Anahuac, TX

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

I have had nothing but Kenmore washers and dryers for all of my married life (30+ years).  Even my parents have always owned Kenmore.  Three years ago, when moving into a new home, I bought the Kenmore 80 Series washer and dryer.  The first time I used my washer I noticed that I could not get hot water into the tub.  My husband is a handy man and he could not figure it out.  We called a repairman and he fixed the problem immediately (some component inside the washer).  After that, the washer has worked great.  Since it's just the two of us, I don't have alot of laundry (6-7 loads per week).

In the area where I live the water bill is twice as much as my old house.  But, we built our house to be energy efficient, so our electric bill is twice as less as the old house.  I wish the washer was more energy efficient so I could save on the water bill.

The tub has a large capacity, spins the water out good and does not seem to damage any clothing.  You set the water level manually, which I prefer. It also has an Auto Adjust for the water temp, which I rarely use (cold water is my preference).   It cleans very good, even though I've noticed that on some whites, the stains are hard to remove.

This washer does not have all the "bells and whistles" that others do, but for the money, it is a great product.  After 3 years, it is still working great and I hope to get many more years of service.