Other Washing Machines:

Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Great Washer for a family of three

I received the Kenmoore 80 series washer as a gift from a very generous friend.  We were newly married and ours had just gone kaput.  It was a godsend to say the least.  But i am happy to say that this machine is reliable and has wonderful cycles.  some of which i dont even use, im embarrassed to say.  i often use the heavy duty setting for all the grass and grease stains that are so lovingly bestowed upon me by son and husband respectlvely.  You can do longer and shorter cycles according to your needs.  there are also choices for delicates.  the only thing i have to complain about is that sometimes the clothes get tangled up a bit.  because its a top loader,  the clothes sometimes get caught in the agitator and cause the machine to stutter.  but that is a rare occurance.  mostly its a great machine that gets the clothes spic and span, even when i use the cold wash cycle to save on energy and money.

A decent washer

When we purchased our home, they took the washer/dryer they were supposed to leave, and we needed to buy something quick, so we purchased this off of craigslist.  It was already 3 years old, but "hadn't been used".  3 more years later (so 6 years old), it's still running great, with no problems yet (knock on wood).  It is a top-loading washer, which is fine that can fit a decent load.  It has four different settings: hand-wash, delicate, normal, and heavy load, as well as four different washes: ultra clean, perm. press, pre-wash and soak (which is great for my cloth diapers).  It also has the four basic temps (cold/cold, warm/cold, hot/cold and cold/warm) and three different loads (small, med, large).  It is really a simple washer that does the job.  The only problem we've had is that a screw came loose on the door, but that doesn't really matter.  So, overall, if you are not looking for anything fancy, but something that does the job, this is pretty good.

Bad to the bone Kenmore 80

from Atlanta ga.

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Heavy/Bulky Items
    • Towels

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

Had this washer for twenty some odd years. Had a few problems but it is so easy to work on and fix it will probably go another 10 years. No expensive circuit boards or cheap tactile switches just old fashioned dials and pull tab buttons. This thing is a maintenance man's best friend. Just changed out the worn transmission it took me a whole half hour and cost 180 dollars and works like new again. Should last for twenty more.

You'll Be In Love With This

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

If you have pets, you need this washing machine. I love my dogs and I wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world but when it comes to cleaning blankets and other household linen, pet hair is a huge mess. So, upon washing my initial load of laundry in the Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer, I didn't expect any magical powers or superior prowess but boy was I impressed. Not only did the Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer fight hard set in stains from grass, cranberry juice and others similar but all that pesky dog hair was gone! I finally had a washing machine that rid my bed linen of proof that I had dogs. On top of getting rid of pet hair, it is energy saving as well. I try to be as energy conscious as possible and the Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer does a great job and in addition, makes me feel energy conscious savvy. I've only had to replace a hose and that's it and the hose replacement wasn't due to the washing machine itself, it was due to my dogs. Blame it on the dogs!

Terrible!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

I don't know if I just got a bad model out of the bunch or what. I read some great reviews and thought I was getting a great deal, but I was wrong. I had to replace it with a Haier which I originally thought would've been the cheap faulty washer, but it was much better than this Kenmore washer. I returned it and got my money back.

Energy Efficiency
    I don't think it's very energy efficient at all, it seemed to take a long time just to do a normal load of clothes.

Cleaning Time
    Even though I set it on a certain time to wash, it seemed to take longer. I should have timed it.

It did an okay job washing clothes when I could get it to stay in balance and actually finish the wash cycle.

There aren't a lot of buttons or options for wash cycles so it's easy to use.

It's just a plain old washer! Nothing fancy, which would be the reason for the cheaper price.

This washer is a piece of junk! It's not durable at all. And maybe that's the reason it worked so poorly. Maybe it was banged around a bit in transit to my home.

Kenmore 80 Series Washer - Good Value

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

Washing machines are one of those big ticket items where you buy the best you can and then hold your breath and hope that they work well and last a long time. So far, our Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer has done both.

To put it simply, it gets the job done, which is just what you want from a washing machine. The clothes are clean!

With different options for washing intensity and times, including an extra rinse cycle, this washer can handle just about anything you throw in it. I have easily and successfully washed quilts and pillows, as well as very delicate items.

In fact, my favorite feature is the most gentle cycle, which I use it for all my "hand wash only" items. It is gentle enough to keep them safe while still getting them clean, and is much easier than actually hand washing them myself.

As a busy mom, a washing machine that saves me time is a great find! All in all, this has been a dependable washer, and a great value.

• Cleaning Time:

This thing is for single people, not households

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

Very skeptical after moving into a new home with the washer included with all the other major appliances. I had a maytag previously and that thing kept going and going after comforters, large loads, and off-balances. So this washer is far from great in comparison. In order to get a decent efficiency, you need to fill it half way which is like a couple pairs of jeans and about three shirts with undergarments. That's it. Otherwise if it is too full, you get what I got which is sopping wet clothes after a spin cycle. So with three people in my house, it now takes forever and a day to do the same amount of laundry. It also bangs very loudly at the beginning of a cycle. If you are single, then give this thing a try. I want my maytag back!

• Cleaning Time:

A great washer that really lasts!

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

I have had this washing machine for right at 10 years now, and I have never had any major issues with it. The automatic fabric softner dispenser has just recently stopped working within the past year, and I've chosen to clean out the screens (that keep any "debri" out of the washer that might be floating around in the water lines) a handful of times to keep the water streaming into the washer as quickly as possible. My water is terrible! (Total times I've cleaned them is less than 5 in 10 years.)

Energy Efficiency
    Because this is an older washing machine, I'm sure it's not as energy efficient as some of the newer models on the market now.

Cleaning Time
    This machine gets the job done. Within about 30 minutes a complete wash cycle is finished. I've never timed it by the clock, so the time isn't exact.

This washer gets the job done. No complaints here at all.

There are not any extra settings that aren't needed, making this very easy to use. There are even instructions printed inside the lid!

Simple, and effective.

My washing machine is 10 years old and I have had no major mechanical issues with it. As I stated above, the automatic fabric softner dispenser has just recently quit working. (Within the last year)

Does the job well!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

I have had this washer for over two years, and I got it refurbished to begin with! I am very please with its performance, even with its smaller build. There has not been an item I put in there that it didn't clean well, whether it be delicate or bulky, like a comforter. I like its options to run a second rinse. I only use it time to time but when I need it, this option really comes in handy.

Kenmore 80 Series Washer Gets The Job Done

from Pullman, WA

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

The Kenmore 80 Series top load washing machine works quite well. It doesn't look terribly exciting, but it really does a good job doing exactly what it is made to do: wash clothes. There are many options to tailor each load, including water level, water temperature, rinsing, speed, and what type of cleaning cycle you want to use. I like being able to easily change all of these areas to fit the types of clothes I am washing. There are not any big things I would change. It would be nice if there was a liquid fabric softener dispenser, but at really isn't a big deal overall. I have had good luck with Kenmore appliances and will consider them again when it is time to upgrade the washing machine.

• Cleaning Time:

First one lasted 20 years, still using the second, fam of five.

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

This washing machine has been a work horse. The first lasted twenty plus years and I'm still using the second seven years later. It's a tool that gets the job done. I'm only rating as good because I still have to load the machine myself; otherwise, VERY GOOD! I would think that the cost to value ratio is superior compared to other machines but I've used these two the entire time (twenty nine years) so I guess I really could say.

Energy Efficiency
    There is greater efficiency with other machines but the initial costs are prohibitive if the other machines do not last.

Cleaning Time
    Short or long time settings, you set it.

Triple agitation cleaning process, durability.

Controls are basic, simple, and above all manually activated; not controlled electronically or push button. I still have to load the clothes myself though.

It's shaped like a box, fits most everywhere except in a round space.

First one lasted about 22 years until the transmission finally gave out. Still using the second after about seven years; bought this one used.

• Cleaning Time:

Feels like a professional laundry mat every time I use it!

from Statesville, NC

Comments about Kenmore 80 Series Top Load Washer:

I bought this machine several years ago, actually second hand from some people who were moving back up north.  This is the best machine, hands down, I have ever owned.  It is a Kenmore 80 Series and it is Super Plus Capacity, front loading, and top vent.  It is very heavy duty and the capacity just makes your head spin.  I love the Auto Moisture Sensing feature, which saves energy AND your clothes.  Although, one thing... if you put it on the 'normal dry' using this feature, sometimes the clothes will still be slightly damp.  Just use the entire cycle and you're good to go.  It will use heat until it 'senses' they are dry and then goes into a 30 minute cooling cycle with intermittent tumbling/de wrinkling.  If you have the end of cycle signal turned on, you will be alerted every five minutes.  I am not only satisfied with this machine, I am elated!  (Wow, I must be getting old... to get 'elated' over a great dryer). Ha!  It has made my life a lot easier.  I have a super capacity washer now, too and what used to take me several loads, I can now do in one.  The dryer works great even on the super capacity.    I'd recommend it to anyone!