Other Clothes Dryers:
Gas Dryers
Kenmore
Kenmore 600 Gas Dryer

Kenmore 600 Gas Dryer

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

Cons

• Everyday clothes (3)
    • Load Capacity:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Heavy duty user (3)

Good quality dryer

I love this dryer! I have no complaints!

Load Capacity

I love this dryer! I have no complaints!

Load Capacity
This dryer will dry everything I put in it in a very reasonable amount of time, except for my cloth diapers which require two cycles because they are so absorbent. This dryer can handle a very large load without a problem and gets everything dry.

The performance of this dryer is great. It is very efficient on energy and time.

There is nothing difficult about operating this dryer. All of the settings are easy to use and understand. No need to consult the manual!

This dryer has been going for I'll bet 10 years at least for us. And it's not looking like we'll need to buy a new one any time soon. The only thing that has broken is the door covering the lint trap, but I think the people who lived in our house before us may have damaged that, so I won't count that against the manufacturer.

I love the design of this dryer. I like the handle for the door being on the top of the door instead of the side. The dials are well-placed and easy to use.

Good Value Dryer but Takes Time

This dryer is good if you are on a budget and need something that will work. The biggest issue with this dryer is that it takes much longer than most to fully dry your clothes. The best thing is the amount of heat settings and the buzzing noise when clothes are done.

Load Capacity
I have filled this bad boy all the way to the top with heavy comforters and bed sheets and it was not an issue. It took longer to dry, but it got the job done.

It could be faster, but for a working dryer at a great price, I'll take it! This machine lasted me several years and then I traded up for a faster model. Also, I love gas models, as it is much more energy efficient than electric and it helps save us money in the long run!

Very easy to use. There are several different settings you can use, but it is all easy to understand and use.

Like I said, we had this model for several years and never had any issues. The only reason I do not still have it today was because I wanted a dryer that was faster.

This is your typical, basic design. There is nothing fancy about this machine, but there is nothing wrong with that. I recommend this model to anyone who can't afford to spend much on a machine.

Good dryer for a good price.

from Urbana, IL

Comments about Kenmore 600 Gas Dryer:

After our old dryer kicked the bucket, we went in search of a new dryer to meet our needs and our budget. Finding the Kenmore 600 gas dryer at a local chain store, we were very please to find that it was on sale at the time and we were able to get it for a very good price (not to mention taking advantage of a few rebates for free delivery as well).

The dryer has been great. Very easy to install and use. It's size is not different than any other standard dryer so it was an easy fit.

With small children in the house who often take naps or go bed relatively early, one positive about this dryer is its option to turn off the buzzer signaling the end of a cycle.

On a negative note, the wrinkle guard is a bit misleading. It does not actually prevent your clothes from wrinkling but rather just continues tumbling them for a longer period of time with minimal heat after the cycle has finished. Meanwhile, the buzzer continues to sound every few minutes. Quite annoying and useless, really.

Overall though, if you're just looking for a basic machine to dry your clothes, this is a good one for you.

I love my dryer, it does a great job on dryer clothes quickly

from Columbia, MO

Comments about Kenmore 600 Gas Dryer:

I bought this dryer a fews months ago, it is VERY economical and dries clothes quickly. I have alos noticed that even though it has a lot of options, like wrinkle release, it cycles every so often once clothes are dry, so it prevents wrinkles, it is wonderful!