2.5

2.5

Nice Little Toaster Oven

from Jeffersonville, IN

Comments about Kenmore 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

I received the Kenmore Programmable Digital Toaster Oven with 9 Inch Pizza Stone as a gift.  I had been wanting a toaster oven for a while as an alternate to having to turn on the 'real' oven for small items like nuggets for my toddler, or a couple of biscuits for breakfast.  I've been using it a few months, and although I haven't yet tested the pizza stone, here's my review.

Pros:

- The apperance is really nice - stainless steal with black accents.

- Super easy to clean.  The removable tray at the bottom just slides out, you can dump the crumbs, wipe the bottom, and it's prety tidy.  The wire tray is also removable and washable in soapy water.

- Intuitive controls and nice bright digital screen

- Relatively quiet

Cons:

- When this thing is on, it gets HOT.  I mean, the whole thing except the handle.  Wish it had a heatproof top / edges.

- The toast feature isn't that great.  My toast frequently gets too crispy on one side if I don't remember to flip it over.  Other bread items don't do well in this either (e.g. biscuits).  Tend to burn on one side.

For the price though, it's a good little toaster.

Dangerous product! Glass front shattered and blew out!

from Morristown, NJ

Comments about Kenmore 6-Slice Toaster Oven:

I was heating a scone in oven to have with tea before leaving home. While dressing I had heard loud popping sound coming from kitchen. I went in and toaster oven glass was shattered. Half glass, lower portion shattered but intact, upper portion blew out onto counter and floor along with door handle! Thank goodness there we no small children at eye level to counter nearby. Extremely dangerous! I had called Kenmore and said that since this is only a one time occurance there is nothing they can do. Perhaps this one was only one reported-at least that's what they told me. Some consumers would just throw away and not buy another Kenmore and people like me report it. Perhaps a lemon but, a dangerous lemon.